How much do you spend????

danpam1024

While this may be a very personal question, we were curious if anyone would mind sharing how much they spend annually on Disney visit(s).

We budget over 10% of our annual gross income for our single, 12 night visit. This includes hotel, tickets, food and spending money.

Is this way out-of-line when compared to others participating on this site?

TwoTigersMom

April of 07 we had planned that it would be our last trip to WDW for several years. We decided to go all out with the platinum plan and spent about $13000 all said and done for 3 adults and 2 children. Of course before we left we ended up buying DVC :lol: Now we go several times a year and spend about $2000. I'm going in october for 4 nights with my 6 year old and not staying DVC. I'm planning on right at $1000 for hotel, airfare, food and MNSSHP tickets. We already have the APs.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If we fly in August its £800+ a skull
Because of work we are going late Nov = £450 each, thats a big saving. Car is arounf £350 inc ins

Our Accom is DVC so its about £600 for the 12 nights, 4 nights at the HRH £500. Tickets for Universal inc so just the 14 day disney @£164.

Food is around £100 a day plus say £500 on shopping etc

so whats that about £4.7k or $9K give or take.

The rising cost of living may see us give up our Vegas trip in May next year, but who knows.:shrug:

Upvote 0

CinderALLIE

OK. I went for 4 weeks (Sep-Oct) in 2006. I travel with my bestfriend so seperate monies. The following is what I paid and does not include her and Includes a few days at Universal and SeaWorld. Flight, Shopping, Food, Passes, and Hotel (Half) was around $10,000 (Each) Australian. Which is I'd say about $9,000US (Each) . We stayed at a cheap hotel while in Orlando, and then went and stayed at All-Star Movies, while doing Disney. We are going back this year and again with the cheaper hotels probably spending about the same EACH. This year though I was going to fly to Orlando on Sat and got told to change to Tues as it's Off-Peak and I'll save $500-$1000. The flight to Orlando and back to Australia is about $3000US.

I would not lower my budget at all. I'll sacrifice anything to go, proof in point I still live at home with my Mum as it's cheaper than moving out. Sometimes I want to but I just remind myself Disney would be more like every 10 years than 1-2 Years. I could have gone back last year but got addicted to buying stuff online at www.disneyshopping.com. I work for a small business and do not get paid alot. About 1/3-half of what I earn a year is for DisneyWorld.

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

I usually manage a 8 or 9 day trip for myself and my daughter on $2000 or less, considering just about ALL costs.

Here's the breakdown for this year, for Aug 22-30:

Hotel/Tickets/Dining Plan (2 nights room only reservation + 6 night package w/free dining plan, all at ASMusic) - $1142
Plane Tickets from West Coast (Frequent Flyer miles from my credit card - I usually get enough points each year for 2 free tickets) - $0
Single Day Waterpark Tickets - $80
Misc. Spending (Souveneirs, food not covered by dining plan, etc.) - $500
Cat Boarding - $195
Airport Parking - $63

Total: $1980, about 2% of my gross. I have a child to put through college, an old house in need of some serious renovations, and retirement coming at me faster than I'd like. And with the state of the economy being what it is, I'm not sure I'll even have a job six months from now. So any more than that would be foolish at this time.

(I will say though, at this point, our souveneir budget is low because we've bought everything we wanted already on previous trips. And my daughter has her own stash of about $100 that she's saved from birthdays, allowance, etc. And that's more than enough for any kid to have to spend at WDW! Frankly, I'd be happier if she only had about $50 - we end up with too many junk toys....)

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I've been fortunate enough to have gone twice in the past two yeasrs, with a third trip planned for this December. With flight, parks hoppers, dning and resort, and souveniers, I spent $3500-4000 on the last two trips for DD & I, and have budgeted $5000 for this next trip with my sister & her 2 grand kids - works out to about 10% of my gross (not counting DH's - his goes towards his yearly hunting trip to Montana.)

Could I go cheaper? Definitely. Do I want to? Absolutely not! I put in a LOT of overtime hours these past couple years, and the last thing I want to do on vacation is economize. Nothing wrong if it works for you - just not for me.

This will be the last trip to WDW for awhile, though. DD will be spending her spring 2010 semester in Ireland, and so I've got to save my pennies so I can go over for a week or so while she's there.

Upvote 0

Joy Peace

So this is our first time to WDW for 7days/6nights at PORw/king,DDP, and 5day PH passes we spent $1673, flight was a little over $600 in total. Together with 2 day rental car and spending money we will probably spend between $3-$4000. Is that to much?:shrug: I think it will be totally worth it.:D We have waited a long time for this and have been talking about it for years. A Very Merry 15th Anniversary to us!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

So this is our first time to WDW for 7days/6nights at PORw/king,DDP, and 5day PH passes we spent $1673, flight was a little over $600 in total. Together with 2 day rental car and spending money we will probably spend between $3-$4000. Is that to much?:shrug: I think it will be totally worth it.:D We have waited a long time for this and have been talking about it for years. A Very Merry 15th Anniversary to us!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Congrats on the 15 years! We are striding to 18 years next month. Where does the time fly? :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

shawn

we are staying for 14 nights at Port Orleans with 2 adult and 2 children 10 day no expiration park hoppers with free dining and bought 4 tickets each for Universal and Sea World and we are driving and I figure we will spend between $7000 and $7500 which is about 7% of our gross but we like to splurge on vacations because we bust our butts all year long and we want our kids to have great vacation memories

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Congrats!! :)
We spent our 15th anniversary at WDW last year. It is great, so much so that we are going back for our 16th this year.

Back to the OT
We spend about 5k a trip.(10 days)

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Congrats! Hubby & I just celebrated oue 29th on Tuesday the 1st. Time sure flies when you're having fun!

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Sorry - double post - having some computer issues........

Upvote 0

Jodileigh

Hey, this year is our 15th anniversary, too! Sept 18 to be exact!!:sohappy: Congrats on yours, too!! And what better way to celebrate than with a DW trip!! WOOHOO!!:D

Jodi

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom