How much do you spend????

danpam1024

While this may be a very personal question, we were curious if anyone would mind sharing how much they spend annually on Disney visit(s).

We budget over 10% of our annual gross income for our single, 12 night visit. This includes hotel, tickets, food and spending money.

Is this way out-of-line when compared to others participating on this site?

k.hunter30

We don't budget we spend whatever is costs.
If I had to guess we spend approx 15000 a year. Included, dinning, AP, deluxe resort stay, and our DVC.
Wow. You must take wonderful vacations to WDW!

10-13% (us) of gross annual income, no matter how much you make, to me, seems to be a large portion of a family's money. Does anyone agree, or is it considered the norm to commit so much towards Disney?
Oh my goodness, I definitely agree. Considering the the first 10% (at least) of our income goes towards tithing anyways, and then the % we put towards savings, I don't know how we could finagle another 10% to go towards a vacation. Maybe one day...

DH and I went last year to WDW, but it only cost us about 3% for a 6 night stay. And we aren't making it a yearly vacation.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Last year we (2 adults and 1 child) stayed for 14 night W/DDP and have AP's & DVC. With airfare, DDP, AP, DVC maintenance fees, MVMCP, rental car, soveniers and tips we spent about $3700.00 for the year. Now this year we are going back and have our AP's and saved about $400.00 on airfare. I am hoping that I will be around $2500.00.

We are well under the 10% mark.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

Our last trip in 2004 was about 12% - but we splurged because I had graduated from college and it was a gift to myself, my husband and 2 kids who supported me during those years.

This year's trip which includes a guest will run us about 7% - but we are going a shorter time and not doing as many special activities as the last trip.

We will probably do it up big for the next one as it will be in 2012 - when my husband turns 50 (November) and his parent's celebrate their 50th anniversary (January) in the same year.

We tend to go to Disney every 4 years - a chance for excitement to build, new attractions to come in, etc. In the in between years, we take one big trip to another location we want to explore (like Hawaii in 2011) and then small regional trips (St. Louis, Chicago, Branson).

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Last trip to the Poly was 7%. Next trip to Pop will be 5%.

This will also be the first time (and probably only time) I have gone twice in one calendar year. (Just FYI, single income).

Upvote 0

Katybug

It cost me $2700 my last December trip for 2.

$450 airfare
$1600 POR stay and MYW tickets
$650 food :brick:

Total of $2700.00

:xmas:My next trip in December will cost me a lot more, but there will be 4 of us.

Gas...airfare was too high!! $300
$2300 WL resort and 4 MYW tickets $2200
Food and souveniers $1200

Looking at around $3700

Upvote 0

Boray

Here's an approximate breakdown for our upcoming trip in October:

2 adults, 2 kids age 9 and 6:

We're driving, so (ave. 25mpg, 2800 miles round trip plus 2 hotel stays, one each way, est. $4.50/gal gas): $750, obviously, this will be more if gas averages more than $4.50/gal.

3 br, 3 bath rental condo for 8 nights: $840

Tickets (we got 10 day park hopper w/ no exp. last year, and have 6 days left on that, so price for those tix) $938.52 (paid for last summer)

Parking at the parks: $11 X 6 days = $66

Food: approx. $750, but we'll have about $300 Disney dollars from our Visa card, so about $450 out of pocket.

We don't spend much on souveniers, so maybe $200.

Total for this year out-of-pocket approx: $2300

(If we go to Universal Studios, that would add about another $500 to the bottom line.)

I think that's pretty reasonable for 7 days in Orlando. That's about 3% of our annual income.

Upvote 0

nicnic

From the UK, we have booked again for next year 14 nights 2 adults 1 child = hotel plus flights = £2000 with virgin holidays, spending money £2000 including food, tickets (disney,universal,bush gardens, sea world), car hire, & mnsshp tickets £1000 = £5000 so in $'s almost $10000, my god thats alot when you work it out!!!!

Upvote 0

MomofKatie

We are used to doing WDW on the cheap. We took 2 trips last year (first was a Mom/daughter trip for 7 nights offsite, 6 day non hopping MYW tix- second was all 3 of us, 8 nights offsite, using leftover days on our 10 day PH+WP&M tix), and combined, they totaled about 6% of DH's annual income, which isn't huge. We are lucky in that we live close enough to drive, so we don't have to pay for flights down.

Our next trip is planned for January- just DD and I, and it will cost around $1500 for 9 nights offsite w/7 day non hopping MYW tix, meals, spending $$, etc.

Upvote 0

MMFanCipher

Our trip in April 29 through May 10th of 2007:

FtW Campground, 10 day part hopper tickets, dining plan = $4800
(2 adults, 4 kids (12, 11, 7, 4))

Spending money = $2000

Gas money= ?:shrug: (from central Iowa to Florida)

roughly 7%

Upvote 0

JVD512

We have been the last 4 years, We stayed at all star movies in 02 with 2 kids 6 months and 5. Now we stay at the GF for 10 days and nights.
Hotel and hopper pass $6700.00
Special events for kids, Princess tea party, Fish swim, Cindy Castle dinner. $600.00
Kids club so mom and dad can have some adult time $400.00
Meals, picked by all at all different parks : $2000.00
STUFF : about $ 2000.00
We are blessed that we can go and not hold back, we budget during the year and save spending money from coin and using coupons, it adds up to about $1500.00
We could spend more and could spend less, but we like to fully enjoy our 10 days and we save all year to make it happen,
PS , we drive from VA Thursday night and arrive Friday Am its fun.
Everyone does the best they can and we all need to remember that fact.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

For our upcoming 13 night stay at the Poly, with everything included, I will have spent around $12,000. I spent about $2,500 for a 5 night trip in May at ASMovies.

Upvote 0

fosse76

Let's see, for me (1 person):

4 Nights at Pop Century + 4 Day Park Hopper = $645.50
Roundtrip Airfare from JFK to Orlando = $226.00
Free Dining Plan; I rarely buy souvenirs so that is negligible

Basic TOTAL = $871.50

For me it will be around $1000.

Upvote 0

coulty

From the UK, we have booked again for next year 14 nights 2 adults 1 child = hotel plus flights = £2000 with virgin holidays, spending money £2000 including food, tickets (disney,universal,bush gardens, sea world), car hire, & mnsshp tickets £1000 = £5000 so in $'s almost $10000, my god thats alot when you work it out!!!!

we are booking for next year, 4 adults 4 children £5708 ($11.000) £2000 for disney tickets and flex tickets ($4000)meals and shopping I usually take£1000 my daughters take their own spending money. wow that looks worse in $ thats why we dont usually go every year.

Upvote 0

lscott933

here is one adult and one child 9. it cost for one week. aaa booked. it is 1800. it is during thanksgiving. stay at pop century. with park hopper and no water park opt. plus deluxe dining. then a three night cruise for 910 for roundtrip for transporation. that is cat 12 cabin. plus 266 for roundtrip from indy to orlando for two tickets.

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

We usually spend $4500.00-$5500.00 on our Disney trips. Thats everything, airfare, rental car, tickets, DDP (this past trip) and resort. The dining plan really saved us bundle of $, I came home with $1000.00 (spending money) from our trip this past April. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom