How much do the houses in Celebration go for?

DisneyLover10

Original Poster
After I go to University to become a teacher I want to go to the Disney College and buy a house in Florida. The question is in the topic

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You'll likely need a better salary than you'll get as a teacher. Most homes go for over a half million.

A good inheritance would help... But don't kill anyone off to get it. :lookaroun

maelstrom

Those houses and condos go for more than what most of us make. I don't think you'll be able to afford a house in Celebration on a teachers salary, unfortunately. But there are other nice and similar communities in the Disney World area that are more reasonably priced.

I wanted to live in Celebration too. I had it all planned out, a $180,000 terrace home. But I think they've all been bought now and they aren't building any more. And most if not all of the apartments are condos now.

figmentmom

If you're planning on buying a home in Celebration on a teacher's salary, I'm afraid you're out of luck (unless you're about to inherit a nice big chunk of change from a long-lost relative...) :lol:

fillerup

As of 12/31, there were 339 homes for sale in Celebration listed in MLX.

148 are single family, 191 are other - townhouse, condo, etc.

The median listing in December was 934,000 and the median sales price was 902,600. The average sale is concluded at 97% of the asking price.

The lowest sales price was 500,000 and the highest was 2,349,900.

These numbers don't include FSBO, of which there are quite a few.

wedway71

Anybody know if the rumor that Artisan Park will NOT be the final section is true or not.I have heard that there maybe more new developments in Celebation due to the popularity there.

wedway71

I suspect that by the time you're ready for college the houses will will be 3 million.
And teacher will still be knocking down 35K

Yep,thats one of many reasons why we moved from Fla.Teacher pay stinks.We lived in SW FLA and you cant touch an old,beatup,crappy house for less than about 250k there and starting salaries for Lee County was about 30k.Luckily we sold our house made a small fortune and left the state.The state is very desperate for teachers so much that while my wife was in the process of walking the stage to get her degree in Education she got trampled by 4 county school board recruiters.
The housing/salary crises for teachers is sooo bad in SW Fla that Lee County has plans to build Dorm style housing for new teachers close to each school to attract teachers locally and fromout of area.

beachclubbasics

I live in NJ. The price for a house in Celebration that is comparable to what I own here was about 100K more. And, the property taxes on the home were...believe it or not, DOUBLE what mine are in NJ (and I have much more land here).

Launchpad

Account Suspended
I live in Hunter's Creek about 8 minutes from Disney property, 10 minutes to Magic Kingdom, 10 minutes to Sea World, and 15 minutes to Universal. We are far enough where we are out of the touristy areas, but close enough to go over for as little as a couple hours for a quick fix. I couldn't be happier with where I live.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. I've been wondering this myself, ever since I realized the only way to fix (or whatever :D) my Disney obsession is to move closer.

And thanks to all the posters for their replies...that's a lot of money for a house (and I say this as a person who lives in Bucks County :hammer: )!!! But I guess I can do it...if I work hard...and keep believing.

Best of luck to you, OP, hope your dream comes true!

P.S. - Williamsberg sounds nice.

P.P.S. - I love teachers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom