How Much Do Guests $$ SPEND $$ At WDW??

ErickainPA

We are looking for this trip Easter week at about $1800 for hotel (Sports) for 6 days 5 nights, 5 day tickets, dining plan, airfare, food at the airport for there and back, souvenirs, tips and any extras.

We usually are at about $1500 during value season.

Montyboy

Good thread.

At POFQ I count on $300 to $350 a day for me and my eight year old. Room, park tickets and food... for a week, about $2200.

davinakb

So jealous, cannot afford these luxury resort stays. That said, we've been staying <hangs head> off-property </hangs head> in nice condos for about $500/week. Plenty of room for 5-6 adults (depending on the trip), cook breakfast in the room. The money saved is for park tickets and nice dinners. Even using the DDE card, that's got to be more than $1,000 in food and drink for a week. And yes, worth every penny.

slacker

We are going in August. We're a family of 5. 3 adults and 2 children. Deluxe resort, 10 day hopper and more, and the dining plan. We drive from Canada. Not including stuff we'll buy there, it has cost us $7,500.
A lot of money, but we love it and we pay it every time.

Tiggerfanatic

DH spends $5,000+ every other year on elk hunting on Montana - his overtime, his money - I stand in the driveway and wave bye-bye when he goes. My November 2006 trip, I spent $2500 for DD17 and I - resort, 7 day hoppers, dining plan, airfare and souveniers. Planning another trip for this December. My overtime, my money. He stands in the driveway and waves bye-bye when I go!!:wave:

raven

Here is the way I see it: A value resort looks the same as a deluxe resort with your eyes closed! If you don't plan on being at the resort except to sleep, like me, then do what I do and save the money for other things. It's nice to spend more on a nicer resort but then you feel you have to spend time there to get your money's worth. I've done both but rather stay at a lower end place just because I'm not going to be there during the day.

The meal plan is good if you are a bug eater and make time in your schedule for planned meals. I however only eat when I am hungry and like to find a place at that moment. I would never get the meal plan unless it's free. Just not worth it for me. I also bring food with me in my backpack to snack on.

As far as souveniers go I don't buy much unless it's practical and is something I really want. I think everyone gets carried away when they are there wanting to buy everything they see but when you get home you wonder why you came back with the silliest things.

I just bought a round-trip air ticket from Detroit to Orlando for $93. My 4 nights at AS Sports in May will cost $338 with my AP discount and since I have an AP I wion't need tickets. We will be spending 5 days in the parks and only spending about $800 total on the trip between 2 people. That's pretty good! :wave:

scorp111

Our amount per trip varies.

But the less we spend per trip, the more trips we can make.

When we first held AP's from Sept 2004-2005, we made 5 trips and spent a little over $10,000 for the year. It was 2 adults and 1 child at that point.

In 2006, we went to DLR for a week, and spent about $3500.

Last year, we stayed at a deluxe for 8 days with dining plan etc, and spent about $4600 total. We then went in November for less that $2000 (off-site timeshare).

Before our AP's expire this year, we will have 2 more trips and bring our yearly total in the 10-13K range.

We live pretty frugally outside of WDW vacation, this is our extravagance.

cooleo

One trip per year. 2 Adults & 1 Child 10
$1,100 Moderate resort (Annual Pass Rate / 9 nights)
$ 950 Passes (Annual Pass for me / Park hoppers for everyone else)
$ 750 Flights
$ 200 Misc.
$3,500 - 4,000 Spending money

$6,500 - 7,000 Total

May sound like alot, but the last thing I want to worry about when I'm on vacation is how much something cost or how much I'm spending.

Since1976

In the last three trips to Disney, we have never planned out a spending budget for the parks, nor have we examined the receipts post-trip. There's a general understanding of trying to be frugal, but once you're surrounded by the magic, you can't help but spend on whatever catches your eye.

I would guess that on average we spend about $600 more than we really should at WDW, which is why our kids will not be getting new socks this year :p

An additional note:

Do not underestimate the value of buying more ticket days than you can use up in one trip! We have plenty of leftover days from our previous WDW trip, and our kids will still be under 3 next time we go.

We'll also be driving instead of flying. And finally, we own a timeshare down in Orlando which we pay for monthly automatically. With all that, it is very possible that we will only incur total additional expenses of about $1000 next time we go. Unreal...

tracyandalex

for 2 adults for 6 nights at yacht club (fl res. discount) and 2 sit down meals most days, our budget is $2,600.00. we have annual passes, so we are hoping for an even better passholder discount. one of our dinners is yachtsman steak house (more expensive than i thought it would be, oh well it should be really yummy).
we pick our hotel based on the season
peak=value
regular=moderate (sometimes deluxe depending on length of stay & occasion)
value=deluxe

since it's just the 2 of us we have been able to spend more on trips, i have a feeling that will change quickly when we start having kids

tracy

wdwmomof3

Hey, it's Disney World, who cares who much you spend? There is a way to go to Disney on any kind of budget. We normally go for 7 or 8 days and there are five of us. We have stayed at different places on site. We have gone and spent 2500.00 and we have gone and spent 4000.00. We always have fun no matter how much we spend.:lol:

BRER DAD

I spend about 6000 dollars a year at Disney World. I usally go for 2 weeks. I have three kids, and I usally let them get whatever they want...........my wife has been known to do some shopping at Downtown Disney also. :)

ELopez

We are so cheap. We have a family of 6 and like to go every year, so we have to be very budget-conscious!

We fly for free and get a nice discount (usually around 50%) off most resorts because my husband works for an airline. Although sometimes we drive and take our camper (even cheaper). We prepare most of our meals (husband has a lot of food allergies, so we have to do that for him anyway).

We usually only do about 2-3 days in the parks - even when we stay a week. We like to take advantage of the many free fun activities.

Disney is our splurge, too. I don't think we've ever spent over $2000 on one trip (usually closer to $1600-$1700), but if the budget allowed it - I would spend way more!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom