How much did your trip cost?

disneygeek90

Only thing that makes it “worth it” is the extra time for fast pass and extra magic hours.
And even that...you really only need the 60 day advance for a couple rides. Rides that, if your priority, you would be able to ride whether by rope dropping or even just a good old fashioned stand by.

Tony the Tigger

If it were fully up to me I’d stay off site, as it is it’s not fully up to me...

We mix it up. If it's a quick, last minute trip, a couple of nights off site are fine. If it's a birthday or something, we might splurge for whatever moderate is discounted most. On one trip - our 10 year anniversary - we used Chase points to extra splurge and did a split stay, 2 nights at AKL and 2 nights at GF. That will probably never happen again LOL.

But all for staying off site to save $$. (And now to save additional $$ via parking fees.)

Willmark

We mix it up. If it's a quick, last minute trip, a couple of nights off site are fine. If it's a birthday or something, we might splurge for whatever moderate is discounted most. On one trip - our 10 year anniversary - we used Chase points to extra splurge and did a split stay, 2 nights at AKL and 2 nights at GF. That will probably never happen again LOL.

But all for staying off site to save $$. (And now to save additional $$ via parking fees.)
Just the two of you though right?

We look forward to the day when it’s just the two of us going! ;)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
With gas, food, hotel, and tickets combined (Driving from Upstate SC)...

October, 2017 - $2,300 for 2 people, 3 day tickets+MNSSHP, 4 nights at Hilton Palace (I do not recommend.)
May, 2018 - $3,000 for 3 people, 4 day tickets, 5 nights at Pop Century.
June 23rd, 2018 - Estimating $2,300 for 4 people, 6 day tickets, 5 night stay at a rented condo.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can only speak for my family, but we live in Wa. state and can camp for pennies anytime. I am not trying to rough it when I spend $2100 on airfare for 4 people to fly 5400 miles round trip. Just no. If it works for you, I can dig it. But there are a whole lot of people coming from far away that probably don't want to work that hard on a Disney vacation.

That was jersey sarcasm...

...is there no joy anywhere else in the US of A?

jaklgreen

My upcoming trip this fall for 11 nights: I am using SWA points for the flight but payed for early bird $30. DVC stay at SSR equivalent cost is $2720. I have annual pass from last year so that is taken care of. I booked some F&WF events $800. Plus probably a few hundred dollars worth of food.

Tinkerbella16

We have 8 of us going but I will just give what I am paying for myself for November. 8 nights at POR, 8 day park hoppers - $1,500. Round trip airfare $272. EMM bought - $73, MVMCP $95.

We are paying for all food, snacks, TS/QS, souvenirs with discounted Disney gift cards.

Missing_Aria

The two of us have been lucky enough to keep tickets and resort prices in the $2200 range staying in moderates for a week staying in Sept/early Dec. Last time our spending at Disney was around $1100 with food, food and wine festival, and souvenirs. Plane tickets another $450 or so? Soooo our last trip was about $3750 for 2 people for the week give or take.

Missing_Aria

You just reminded me. Any trip during a food festival (which, considering Epcot is practically a year round festival, happens more often now) adds about $1000 to my budget, from events, tastings, booths, etc. No wonder I don't want to face food for a week or so after the trip.

Yeah we got one of the cards where you break off chits to turn in for yummy things but we only used that for the super expensive stuff (like the lamb, ohhhh boy the lamb). Anything under $10 we paid for without using that because it wasn't worth using the chits.

PeoplemoverTTA

Here's the breakdown for our trip in August:

8 nights at POP - $1,100 (I think it's actually like $1,142)
8-day tickets from Undercover Tourist (no hopper because we're traveling with an infant and figure our days will be shorter): $800
Round trip airfare from BUF => MCO on Southwest (direct flights): $800
Spending money/food (we get snacks, breakfast and water from Instacart delivered to the hotel, then eat a few sit down meals and mostly counter service...we're also minimalists and don't buy a lot of souvenirs): $1,000

Total for 2 adults and an infant: $3,700

Mickey shaped world

August 2012 - (10 days) 1 bed room Saratoga springs, DDP, 14 day park tickets (3 adults) = £2560 ($3350)

Not a clue what we spent on flights or extras but if I could get that price again it would be a dream :cry:

KenHutch

We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge from 6-3 to 6-13. Two room 8 individuals basic meal plan ran me around $16,500. Then add the trip there and back and one day Universal tickets for 4 people to make the Harry Potter freak (she is 8) happy and I spent in the neighborhood of $21,000. Taking the girls to a deluxe was a mistake for our 2021 trip they want the deluxe plan and the Poly. Estimated cost is around $22,000 for 2 room, tix, and the meal plan. Sigh

disneyflush

With gas, food, hotel, and tickets combined (Driving from Upstate SC)...

October, 2017 - $2,300 for 2 people, 3 day tickets+MNSSHP, 4 nights at Hilton Palace (I do not recommend.)
May, 2018 - $3,000 for 3 people, 4 day tickets, 5 nights at Pop Century.
June 23rd, 2018 - Estimating $2,300 for 4 people, 6 day tickets, 5 night stay at a rented condo.

How much are the 6 day tickets for 4 people you are budgeting? I guess without park hopper. I'm pricing the same 6 days for my 4 people and its $1940. Want to make sure I'm not missing a savings opportunity.

disneyflush

We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge from 6-3 to 6-13. Two room 8 individuals basic meal plan ran me around $16,500. Then add the trip there and back and one day Universal tickets for 4 people to make the Harry Potter freak (she is 8) happy and I spent in the neighborhood of $21,000. Taking the girls to a deluxe was a mistake for our 2021 trip they want the deluxe plan and the Poly. Estimated cost is around $22,000 for 2 room, tix, and the meal plan. Sigh

Try renting DVC points next time. You'd likely save a ton of money.

Ghostdog

4 night stay (July) at AKL with a Pool View (2 queen beds), 3 day park hopper ticket, dining plan (1QS, 1TS, 2 Snacks per day and a drink refillable drink mug) $4,084 - $452 in Disney Rewards Visa Dollars = $3632. Plane tickets $1,150. This is for 2 adults and 2 teens (17 and 16), so we might as well say 4 adults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom