How much are they altering the Country Bear Jamboree?

Chef Mickey

No one told you to spend $25,000 a year on Disney trips, and clearly, if you are wealthy enough to do that, you are wealthy enough to find a different vacation spot that will meet your needs without making you so very upset.
I go all kinds of places in addition to Disney. I've worked hard to be able to travel all over the world, but I love to always stop at Disney too. Disney is just a place I have enjoyed and have loved since I was a kid. Ruining it does upset me, and?

Smiley/OCD

Splash Mountain to Tiana.....................Tiki Birds to "New Management" (we all know how that worked out)

And possibly Country Bears too? Let's face it, modern Disney has a poor track record of taking great attractions and having an inferior product take its place. Snow White being demoted to a meet and greet. Yeah, if we are skeptical, then there is certainly good reason to be.
That because in 2023, an imagineer is no longer needed of desired to “plus” an attraction…now it’s a director of DEI…

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
That because in 2023, an imagineer is no longer needed of desired to “plus” an attraction…now it’s a director of DEI…

So I see. Well, that sort of nonsense won't fly for long if they keep going down that path. If you replace an attraction it is at least supposed to be better than the previous one.

Smiley/OCD

So I see. Well, that sort of nonsense won't fly for long if they keep going down that path. If you replace an attraction it is at least supposed to be better than the previous one.
I don’t think that’s been a Disney goal or part of their parks mission statement for decades…whether it’s attractions, experiences, shows, parades or even food.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I don’t think that’s been a Disney goal or part of their parks mission statement for decades…whether it’s attractions, experiences, shows, parades or even food.

Agreed.

I did a thread a while back on what would happen if Walt lived until 1986 and died a normal age. Especially if he was still involved in the parks. He'd have been 85. Dolly Parton is still involved in Dollywood heavily and she's 77, so I think if he was in good health it could be do-able.

Anyway, some thought things would be inferior to today. I disagree. I think the longer Walt is around the more his influence lingers. No one is still with the company from 1966, but if he lived until 1986 there would still be several people around that knew him and worked with him and would probably want to have the best quality product out there. The stories about Walt nit picking and wanting the guest to have the best experience possible just sounds so foreign to me these days.

Cmdr_Crimson

Agreed.

I did a thread a while back on what would happen if Walt lived until 1986 and died a normal age. Especially if he was still involved in the parks. He'd have been 85. Dolly Parton is still involved in Dollywood heavily and she's 77, so I think if he was in good health it could be do-able.

Anyway, some thought things would be inferior to today. I disagree. I think the longer Walt is around the more his influence lingers. No one is still with the company from 1966, but if he lived until 1986 there would still be several people around that knew him and worked with him and would probably want to have the best quality product out there. The stories about Walt nit picking and wanting the guest to have the best experience possible just sounds so foreign to me these days.
If he was still around that time WDW would not be the way it was intended and E.P.C.O.T. would have happened....So, their wouldn't have been any other parks except the "Disneyland like park" would have been made...

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
If he was still around that time WDW would not be the way it was intended and E.P.C.O.T. would have happened....So, their wouldn't have been any other parks except the "Disneyland like park" would have been made...

We always say that, but I would still never bet against Walt Disney. Walt was one who would crumple up a plan if he saw it wasn't working and start over. That could have happened with EPCOT as he had envisioned and it may never have gotten off the ground. Roy would have chimed in I am sure too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom