How many visits?

donnylambb

Original Poster
How many times have you been to Disney World and when is your next visit? My family live in Dallas and we have gone every year for the last ten years. We are going again in three weeks and I still get excited like its the first time. I know its hot but we live in Dallas so of course we are used to it. I wanted to ask this to see who else feels this way.

Schneewittchen

I've been 12 times. Ten times with my husband and/children. Once with my parents back in the 80's. And once by myself a couple years ago. I can't get enough.

I've got two trips planned in the coming year:
In November, we're going for a long weekend for my son's birthday.
In April, we're going for 10 days for spring break with another family and my parents might tag along as well.

I was planning to book a trip to Disneyland Resort for a long weekend in February for my daughter's birthday, but she wants to go to Great Wolf Lodge instead. :arghh:

winstongator

Growing up in Florida, I went twice with family, and once on a school field trip. Went twice in college. 15 years later, we're living in NC. One visit with the kids in 2013 & 2014. Move to FL in 2015, buy annual passes. 25 trips as pass holders over 3 years. Some one-day trips, couple 4 night trips, mostly weekends and long holiday weekends. So 30 total trips.

We have a lot of non WDW travel this summer, so let our passes expire. Next trip is probably Thanksgiving.
20 or so times when I lived in Florida + 1 trip a year for the last 20 years, sometimes with an additional trip each year.

I'd add up the total but I'd rather say... if it weren't for Disney, I'd have a decent 401k.
I contribute to my 401K so I can go to WDW when I'm retired.

DisneyFreak

1979, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995 (2x), 1996 (2x), 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005...

All the above visits are from I lived in the Midwest. We moved to Florida in 2006 and have been there more times than I can count since then. I am at least between 40 and 50 total visits. Between living only a 2.5 drive away, being DVC members and having had resident pass it makes for visiting pretty easy.

With that being said, our last visit was Feb 2017 and have decided to take a break from WDW for a while...probably until 2022/2023 when things calm down. We have still stayed at a Disney Resort a couple times (Vero Beach), been on another Disney Cruise and plan on staying at Disney's Hilton Head resort so we are still getting our Disney fix. There are also some other places we want to visit and take vacations to.

We just feel with all the construction leading up to the 50th anniversary and what we have noticed as a slight downturn in quality at WDW (mainly in the parks) we wanted/needed to take a break.

Goofyernmost

45 times to WDW since 1983
1 time to DL
1 time to Disneyland Paris

Have no idea when the next trip to any might be. Nothing currently planned.

Touchdown

2016 (x2)*
2017 (x3)*
MVMCP only 2017

*had an AP.

I’m now at the point where I can afford and have time off to do 5 week trips to a major theme park every year. I rotate between WDW (most expensive,) Universal (medium expense,) and DLR (cheapest because I burn my HHonors points to stay for free) and buy my AP in late October so that I get to do 2 Halloween trips a year (my favorite time to visit Uni and DLR) and two Halloween trips on one AP.

Mickey5150

21 times to Walt Disney World with number 22 coming in October, 5 times to Disneyland with number 6 coming next March, and come September it will be 1 time to Disneyland Paris.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom