How many visits?

Starfan82

12 times for me and counting! My DD has been accepted to the Disney College Program beginning this August so trip #13 is right around the corner. Since my DD will be in Disney for 5 months the DW and I are contemplating upgrading our park tickets this August to Annual Passes. A lot depends on how I handle the drive from PA to FL this August as I have flown to FL on all my previous trips to the World.

crxbrett

9 Disneyworld vacations for me so far, with my 10th coming up this summer - totaling 92 days over those 10 trips.
DL is pretty insane since I grew up in LA and have been going to Disneyland since I was 3 in 1982. I tried to do a conservative estimate recently and figured I have now been to DL about 210 times in my life. The crazy thing is 90 of those trips have been in the last 3 years.

HouCuseChickie

First WDW trip was 1985. We went nearly every year until my family moved to FL in 1991, which meant going even more often (lost count), but usually only day trips or mini visits. It tapered off after we lived there for a while because many of the people we knew were very anti-Disney and it's hard when your friends don't want to go. In 1997, I moved to Texas and while I visited WDW with DH in 1998, that trip inspired us to give Disney a rest go out and see more of the US and the world. So, we took a 12.5 year break from WDW (really, all Disney parks). :eek:

We had the option of going to Disneyland Paris in 2000, but it was that or the Louvre (and some other Paris sightseeing), so I have no regrets over skipping Disney. We also went to Anaheim in 2003, but after walking around DTD, we decided to extend our Disney break and see more of SoCal vs. visit the CA Disney parks. Our first trip back to WDW after our long break was in 2010, and that was our girls' first trip. We've gone at least once a year since then (including a trip to Disneyland/DCA), but after our Dec 2017 trip...we decided it's time to give all things Disney another break.

I don't plan on returning to WDW (or any Disney park) until at least summer 2021...possibly summer 2022. I still love discussing Disney, seeing all of the new stuff that will be there when we go back and get excited with even long-range trip planning, but we really need more variety and I want the kids to see other parts of the country/world. Still, I don't view it as a complete Disney break. Our last break was inspired by the World Showcase, Walt's nature films and influences in the parks, as well as US history in the parks. I plan to have a lot of these same themes factor into our plans during this current Disney break. So, instead of seeing WL and their Fire Rock Geyser this summer, I'll be seeing the Old Faithful Inn and all of the natural geysers. :)

wplong1

Premium Member
1980 Disneyland
1984 WDW
1989 WDW
2001 WDW
2013 WDW
2016 WDW

Jealous of everyone else's high numbers. I would go annually but we have other things we enjoy doing and I'm unlikely to get my wife there more than every 3 to 4 years. She didn't go as a child and so has none of the nostalgia draw that is such a huge part of my personal experience. Next visit will likely be a year or so after Star Wars land opens (although I'm open to something between now and then). Looking back I've no idea why there were two 12 year gaps. Just busy with school, life, etc. Shame. Would have like to see Horizons again before it was closed...

graphite1326

1996 (ASSports)
1998 (ASMusic)
2000 (ASMovies)
2001 (ASSports)
2002 (ASSports)
2004 (FQ)
2006 (FQ)
2008 (FQ)
2010 (POP)
2012 (POP)
2014 (ASMusic)
2016 (POP)
2018 (POP)

jaques21

its in my signature :) I lost count after the year 2000. I go at least 12 times a year since I got my AP in 2010. I'll be there this Saturday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom