How many runDisney miles have you run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas84

Original Poster
I added another 13.1 to my total, so I'm up to 283.52.

Awesome! We love watching them - usually we go to every show, but weren't able to go to last night's or tonight's performances. I was thrilled that they finally added Last Train to London back into their set. It's been probably 4 years or so since they've played it at Epcot. Enjoy tonight!

Just got back from Epcot, saw all three sets. Final crowd was on their feet. Great night. Go home tomorrow but back for Berlin next weekend.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@Texas84 - I think you updated me by mistake - At the moment the only Disney miles I've done is the DLP half, but I just saw today that it says 35+ for me.

But you've earned those miles, running in cold some of us never experience.....or you were given credit for miles you run in your sleep. ;)

Speaking of miles, I saw a post on another forum from someone who'd signed up for the virtual 5ks. This person was so excited about the cute medals..and running a virtual marathon. :eek: A real one is tough enough, but I can't imagine running a virtual one..... I didn't have the heart to respond to her post and say, "honey, a 5k is only 3.1 miles. However, if you want to add another 23.1, go right ahead!" :D

Swissmiss

Premium Member
When it really gets cold (and luckily this only lasts for about 8 weeks here) I go back inside to the treadmill. And the few times I've run in colder or raining weather, it's because I'd agreed to a collective training. Otherwise I'm sure I could have come up with a good excuse ;) Looks like it will pay off though, because the forecast for my 10km is rain ... and since it's a night run, I doubt it'll be a warm rain...

LAKid53

Premium Member
When it really gets cold (and luckily this only lasts for about 8 weeks here) I go back inside to the treadmill. And the few times I've run in colder or raining weather, it's because I'd agreed to a collective training. Otherwise I'm sure I could have come up with a good excuse ;) Looks like it will pay off though, because the forecast for my 10km is rain ... and since it's a night run, I doubt it'll be a warm rain...

:eek:

Now that's dedication.....

surfsupdon

And some of them will be in Paris, lucky dog....
I didn't book yet!!! Ahhhh I am nervous and cannot commit. I did get my Passport, found a flight, and found a great priced package, but just feel like I should go to California instead because I love that place!! I am nervous about abroad, and have been watching Taken a lot recently.

I feel I should, but I haven't committed. Oy

LAKid53

Premium Member
I didn't book yet!!! Ahhhh I am nervous and cannot commit. I did get my Passport, found a flight, and found a great priced package, but just feel like I should go to California instead because I love that place!! I am nervous about abroad, and have been watching Taken a lot recently.

I feel I should, but I haven't committed. Oy

@Texas84 came back okay, so I wouldn't worry about it....

And you've got to stop watching Taken

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
@surfsupdon, your choice is between the DLR Half or the DLP Half? I agree with @Swissmiss, you may fall in love with Paris.

My DLR trip will be 2018 SW Light Side, whenever runDisney opens registration - grrr. Registration for 2018 Dark Side is 2.5 weeks away - gonna mess up a lot of us planning on running the Kessel. Surely they've had enough time to figure out new names for the races...unless the delay is due to construction for the new SW Land at DLR.

JillC LI

When it really gets cold (and luckily this only lasts for about 8 weeks here) I go back inside to the treadmill.

I far prefer running in the cold to running in the heat and humidity. It's all about proper attire. Took me awhile to learn that, but the cold never moves me indoors. Snow or ice may but not cold. I even like running in a light rain except for when my glasses get wet and I can't see. A sun visor helps in those cases.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Yes, being dressed properly helps but the cold here also means nightfall is before I leave the office and I am not a run in the dark person.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I far prefer running in the cold to running in the heat and humidity. It's all about proper attire. Took me awhile to learn that, but the cold never moves me indoors. Snow or ice may but not cold. I even like running in a light rain except for when my glasses get wet and I can't see. A sun visor helps in those cases.

I have the same problem - someone needs to invent eye glasses with small wipers... :p

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@Texas84 - If you've counted the virtual run for @LAKid53, could you please add 3.1 for me too, thanks! Just "officially" did my June one, even though at least one other run and one other walk done so far this month would have qualified. But choosing today allowed me to force my grumpy tween to do it with me and it made it oh so much more "special" ;) (all the while I kept asking myself why I thought including her was a good idea :rolleyes:).

LAKid53

Premium Member
@Texas84, can you please add 3.1 miles to my totals for Virtual 5k #2?

Thanks.

By the time I complete Light Side Half, I should hit 100 Disney miles. Yippee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom