Votes: 21 14.7%
  • 400-499

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • 500 or more

Votes: 14 9.8%

• Total voters

Honor

We have 2000 points at SSR

Yes, you read that correctly. 2000 points. We spend 6 to 8 weeks a year at SSR plus at least one cruise. We bought December 2005, on the spot. Our son is a CM so we got the family discount. And we have yet to use all 2000 points in one year. We just got home yesterday (February 24) and will return on March 15. Then a busy summer of big projects at work and a big trip to Great Britain in June (cash, could not use DVC points for what we wanted to do -- DRATS). Then back to SSR in Sept, Oct, Nov, Christmas-New Year's, February, March, April, etc. Just one week each month to warm up. Can you tell we love it?

mouselvrmom

Wow, 2000 points! I can't even imagine it. Although, if you ever get tired of banking all those points, I'm sure we can find some people on here who would love to help you use them! :lol:

Disneyfalcon

Yes, you read that correctly. 2000 points. We spend 6 to 8 weeks a year at SSR plus at least one cruise. We bought December 2005, on the spot. Our son is a CM so we got the family discount. And we have yet to use all 2000 points in one year. We just got home yesterday (February 24) and will return on March 15. Then a busy summer of big projects at work and a big trip to Great Britain in June (cash, could not use DVC points for what we wanted to do -- DRATS). Then back to SSR in Sept, Oct, Nov, Christmas-New Year's, February, March, April, etc. Just one week each month to warm up. Can you tell we love it?

:eek: WOW. That's all I can say. WOW. :eek::)

:slurp::slurp::slurp:

Hey, you can stay in our house and we'll use up your points for you:lol::lol::lol:

makonyy15

We've got 450 at the Boardwalk. We could get some great long stays in off-peak times, but we usually go during holidays, so we don't get as much for the points at those times. We usually get a Boardwalk View, 2 bedroom villa. This summer we're doing 10 nights boardwalk view and we're very excited! Used points for a New Year's Eve room at Grand Californian in DL since we had some left over from our Christmas 2006 WDW trip.

cerigirl

None yet :(- but working on it!!!!! One day hope to have 150 at SSR or OKW, hopefully SSR so we can take full advantage of the longer expiration date.

Phonedave

You sound like the person I met in the hot tub at Boardwalk last time I was there (about 4 weeks ago)

He has his own invesment company, basicly he buys and sells businesses. He has over 2500 points. He originally bought in at OKW and then expanded. He and his - I assume girlfriend (he lives in Texas, she lives in Mass, I didn't pry :) )fly down about once a month just to relax.

Thats the kind of life I need :)

-dave

chwilson88

We have 300 points (250 at SSR, and 50 at AKL); We don't have children yet, but love to stay in the 1-bedroom villas, so 300 gets us pretty much whererever we need to. Althought I'd love to add more eventually and take the whole family to a Grand Villa.

PinMadness

My boyfriend and I just became members of the DVC.

We bought it at the lowest possible points - 100 points at the Animal Kingdom. It is just the two of us, so we didn't think we'd need a lot of points. We can always add on if 100 is not enough.

princessjojo

We bought the minimum at the time-160. But I bought them as an impulse buy when I was having a really bad day. Hopefully after I graduate, get a job, and finally get our house built I'll be able to purchase more. I'm sure I will, but when is not quite known. We're at that time where within the next 5, we'll be building a house, buying both boys and myself vehicles to drive and sending one kid to college.

:veryconfuNow that I think about it, anybody got any change they can spare?

DisneyFan1003

My wife and I just purchased 160 at SSR on our trip at the holidays. Our first trip as DVC members will be at the end of July and we can't wait! Once kids enter the picture, I'm sure we'll buy more. We can already tell that we'll want to do more than 160 will allow!:ROFLOL:

We have 270 at SS. Started with 150 back in Oct 2003 at SS and added the additional 120 during one of the many add-on promotions they were doing at SS a few years ago. I would love to add on additional at AKV but unfortunately the extra money is all going into the gas/oil tank these days. Oh well.......maybe another add-on in a few years.

Disney Doodah
Next Trip: Nov 2008 - AKV

MickeyspalJim

I just completed on an add-on of 1200 points at AKV. Takes the tally upto 3200.
I'm guessing that You have points in other resorts being that the max. for each resort is 2000. Wow, I would love to have that many points. I was excited last week when We upped ours to 400 points at SSR. Way to Go. WOO HOO!!!:sohappy:

disney-dan

we took 1000 at SSR when it first opened and then maxed it out when I got a big bonus. Then I used the xmas bonus to buy into AKV. I think we'll stop now as we will struggle to use them as it is, although I have no problem renting them out to friends and family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom