How many only sleep, wash, poop in their resort and how many...?

durangojim

Spend time in the room, enjoy the amenities, etc.?

I hear that line of reason all the time when traveling and wonder if there is a majority of one camp or the other here on the site. I am definitely in the enjoy the resort and amenities camp

Figgy1

Spend time in the room, enjoy the amenities, etc.?

I hear that line of reason all the time when traveling and wonder if there is a majority of one camp or the other here on the site. I am definitely in the enjoy the resort and amenities camp
I don't even really sleep! Why sleep at Disney when you can sleep at work when you get home!!!! So much Disney so little vacation!!

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

I don't even really sleep! Why sleep at Disney when you can sleep at work when you get home!!!! So much Disney so little vacation!!
So true Figgy....sleep at work! My DH would love a day (or more) to hang around the WL but I just can't stay away from the parks. I do try to head back to the resort for a couple hours before we need to be out the door for dinner reservations.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Original Poster
We like to take a day off during our Disney vacation. We also use the take a break after lunch strategy. So we use the pools and beaches often. Some of my favorite memories from our last trip was making a sandcastle on the poly beaches with my 3 year old. It was magical!
This is us exactly. We like to extol virtues of taking it easy while on our vacation so we don't feel beat when we get home. The last time we stayed a the Poly, we spent one day at the beach and rented the large cabana and had a blast!

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

no, its pretty much sleep, get up go to the parks, and then return to go to sleep...occasionally if we are really tired and head back to the resort early, we will watch whatever movie they are showing by the pool that night.

Upvote 0

Sumrdog

We like to take a day off during our Disney vacation. We also use the take a break after lunch strategy. So we use the pools and beaches often. Some of my favorite memories from our last trip was making a sandcastle on the poly beaches with my 3 year old. It was magical!

I feel the same! We had an awesome day last trip at AKL, we did every one of the cultural activities to get the beads, we had a great lunch at Sanaa. And I won the Disney trivia contest at the afternoon pool party. The pool at Kidani Village is so much fun! It was a lovely relaxing day.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I have been to WDW probably 50 times, every time staying in an on-property resort, and for the last 10 years at only POFQ (except the rare occasion they are fully booked up and then its riverside)...I don't think I have spent more than an hour of waking time per day in the actual resort. Wake up, go, parkhop or do whatever, downtown disney, back, home for bed, repeat.

Upvote 0

sbkline

When planning my itinerary, I like to allow time to enjoy our hotel. I like to plan at least one supper "at home" at the table service restaraunt of whatever hotel we are staying at. After supper, we generally spend the evening at the resort, doing the pool and other activities. Or if we do leave after supper (to go minigolfing, Fort Wilderness, etc) then I will have at least one other free evening where we can do some pool time, relax at the beach (if our resort has one), do some arcade, or maybe hit the hay a little early so we can just lay in the room and watch TV.

In addition to a free evening or two, my son and I like to go to the pool during the midday break when my wife and daughter are napping. And I also like to have some free time during the morning or early afternoon for the whole family to do a surrey bike ride, let the kids play at the playground, or go out on a boat on the lake.

So ya, most definitely, I like to enjoy the ammeneties of the resort.

And on that note, just 9 weeks from today until we leave our house for the long road trip to WDW. Finally in the single digit week countdown!

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

well weve only been twice so far (2010 and 2012 with our next one in april 2014) so we havent had too much exp. Were on a budget so weve done AS Movies and Sports. On our first day there we check in around noon, hit the pools and were in dwn twn disney at 530 or 6 for some dinner and light shopping and just enjoying being at WDW again. Then the rest of the trip we do the parks based on EMH, and a couple of nights we will hit dwntwn disney again for trex or rainforest...maybe one day in the middle of our vacation, well go visit another resort and do a little more pool time before heading over to a park for a late late night...

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

There's one thing DH has learned about me over our years together...I like to stay in a pretty place, and no matter what the destination...I will ensure we get a little extra time each day to enjoy the perks of that pretty place. The pretty place is just as much of an activity and area of importance for me as are the parks. No, it's not run around riding rides and grabbing fast passes, but I feel like I'm ignoring some of the best WDW has to offer if I only devote my focus to the parks.

Upvote 0

Raven66

We usually just sleep and shower at the resort. Every once in awhile we use the pool and eat at the food court. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of time there so we just have to fit in all the park time we can.

Upvote 0

jmargarone27

I believe the resort is half the vacation! Especially when you have been to the parks so many times. Some of the most fun times we have at Disney are at the resort: listening to the GF band before a late night swim, a stroll on the Boardwalk, etc. We love it, and that's why we choose deluxe resorts: amenities make the trip.

Upvote 0

SMS55

For me the room is for sleeping and showering. Pooping happens where ever it hits:D(sorry couldn't resist). I live less than 4 hours from Disney so we'll head up a couple of times a year for a long weekend. We want to make the most of it, so we'll stay at a value resort and spend most of the time out of the room. It lets us save for our next trip. If it's summer we might use the pool one evening. I guess if I was staying for a week or so, the hotel would matter as I would need a day or two hanging out to recover from all the walking.

Upvote 0

awoogala

We go "off" season. So my answer would be "sleep" only if there was enough to do, but its getting harder. Just this last trip, we spent entirely too much time at the resort, since the world shortened the hours so drastically. everything but world showcase was closed before 8pm. Very few emh the whole week. I can't stand hours of shopping, so 2 trips to downtown disney was enough for me. Now I wish there was more to do at the resorts!
The fact of being done by 8 or 9pm with nothing to do was ing me off. for the amount of money (park tickets don't get cheaper, even though the hours were less!), there should be more to do. I can only hang around the world showcase so much, before I feel like I am being herded like cattle.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom