How many of you have the Disney blues?

Cmoore12282

Being in the northeast has a big part to do with it i think. With all the snow we've had this year im sure everyone has an itch to go somewhere warm and even more of an itch if they are obsessed with wdw. It was this same time last year my wife and i couldn't stop looking at our pictures from the previous fall and its happening again this year. We ended up going back this past september and hope to do it again, but won't decide until june or july, so it makes really tough not knowing. I am a plow driver for snow and have been working really long hours this whole winter. Everytime i come home i ask my wife if they annouced free dining because i'd book our trip right then and there because im so sick of the snow. Once spring comes i don't think about it nearly as much though, at least for a little while.

LoriMistress

I get the Disney blues. I don't get them as bad as my DH. He can't watch our WDW videos, because it makes him so depressed. He says it reminds him of how much of a great time he has, and it's just another reminder that he's not there.

I just spend time on the boards, watch WDW videos on YouTube, etc. Check out WDW pictures, listen to park music, etc.

DisneyPrincess5

I have the Disney blues big time right now, or as I call it a Disney depression. Although we had a great trip, we feel as if we missed out a tad on our last trip in January due to the freezing cold weather.
We're talking about our next trip however which has been helpful and fun.
We're looking at the first week of May 2011 and we're going to call this week for some rates, although they'll be for 2010, and see what availability is at a few resorts!

GoofyRacer11

Being in the northeast has a big part to do with it i think. With all the snow we've had this year im sure everyone has an itch to go somewhere warm and even more of an itch if they are obsessed with wdw. It was this same time last year my wife and i couldn't stop looking at our pictures from the previous fall and its happening again this year. We ended up going back this past september and hope to do it again, but won't decide until june or july, so it makes really tough not knowing. I am a plow driver for snow and have been working really long hours this whole winter. Everytime i come home i ask my wife if they annouced free dining because i'd book our trip right then and there because im so sick of the snow. Once spring comes i don't think about it nearly as much though, at least for a little while.

Yea, I was there for the Marathon, and I would rather deal with the "cold Weather" down there than what we get up here! I get the blues the moment we leave our resort.Hoping to go down for the Wine and Dine Half-Marathon this October.

Steve-B

"Disney Blues" is pretty much a constant state of existence for me, though it helps to get away from home to almost anywhere - but it's just not the same. Reading trip reports, looking at pictures, and watching YouTube videos are all a mixed blessing for me. Sometimes they help, but other times they only get me down. One thing that really helps me is listening to park audio.

pixiesteno

Just having a bit of the blues today. My brother and Sister in law have checked into ASMu this morning and they saw our son yesterday, so I'm having a bit of a pout today. Yes, I know that we were just there at the end of January but I miss my son and miss WDW.
Now, good thing is that the photopass calendar I made after our trip arrived on Saturday and they let you start the calendar year whenever you want so I made mine to run from April 2010 to March 2011 with photopass pics from our anniversary trip! We are also going back in Sept, but we haven't set the exact dates yet, we will get that set up in a couple of weeks. I have yet to put our photo album together yet so that exercise will help also. I'm reading my Walt Disney biography -- every little bit helps. I still miss the kid. **Sigh**

julsie

have big disney blues it will be 2 years in aug since my last trip and due to money situation dont know when i will be back! but coming on here helps it ease a bit

EaglesfanNJ

Absolutely! :mad:

We just went in October and i'm already feeling it, not good! To make matters worse....I live in the Philadelphia/New Jersey area and we've had a record winter season for snowfall! My friend/neighbor is a DVC member and right before the last batch of snow fell last week, he and his family left for 8 days of the World!:( To get my fix i asked him to send me pics every day....one of which was of the castle, not a cloud in the sky and he said it was in the 60's..... To which i had to go outside, scrape the snow and ice off of my vehicle, and shovel my walkways. Now THAT's the blues!;)

Luige11

Original Poster
I thought that is 1 reason we come here this is our meeting place for those that are obsessive with Disney.

Our last trip was Nov. 2009, this yr we are not sure we will be able to go with the economy and just my job being unstable.

I was just looking at pics from all of our trips, since 2005 just last week. I miss the enviroment of Disney. My 10yr even makes it harder for me when she talks about how she misses Disney. We have a friend that is a CM and so when we go we get to see her, so it makes if fun when we are there but hard when we are not.
In the videos I heard sounds that made me wanna go if that makes sense.

disney dharling

Those pictures and videos are a slippery slope, sometimes they are the cure and sometimes a curse, driving in the point that you're not in Disney. I believe I have had it since the day I left in November. Especially since I won't get to see Mickey & Minnie's houses again. There always seems to be too much Disney and too little time.

Working on justifying a trip this November!!

Avenger117

I get the Disney blues. We were just there in December and I can't wait to go back. Since I'm doing work and school I will probably only be spending one day at Disney this summer when I visit my mom is Florida.

FutureImageneer

True that I live in PA we got 3 feet!!!!!!!! Well anywayz I DEF have the blues! Every time I see something Disney my parents are anyoed for the rest of the day!! LOL! My mom tried to surprise me for the 3 time, but of coarse shes stupid and saves all of her emails under MAY CA. 2010 so I go on her email and I'm like WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I think I've been to DL 6 times and WDW 1 for my bday last Sep. :)

Pooh'sBuddy

Hi. My name is Jennifer, and I have the Disney blues. Our last trip was a little over a year ago, and I think our next trip will be in 2013, maybe 2012. I cope by listening to the Parks music and attractions and looking at WDWMagic forums and the great pictures from the Parks. When I get really sad, I try to tell myself we WANT to wait until our boys are tall and old enough to experience all the attractions with us (we think doing the child swap really made a dent in our touring time).

toetheline29

Of course I have Disney blues :)

It's now been one year and two(ish) weeks since I was last there, and I have no clue when I'll be going back. The next trip will be the first one I pay for myself, and since I'm a student... well, it's still a ways off. While (for me) it never entirely goes away, it does get much better. I don't post all that regularly, but I read this site almost every day. It definitely helps to be around other Disney fans and to be able to talk about it (since most of my friends would think I was crazy if I had these conversations with them :ROFLOL:). Trip reports can be good, and so are looking at pictures, either your own or somebody else's. Check out the picture-a-day threads here, or head over to Flickr (there's some really amazing WDW photographers out there). Youtube videos help, as does listening to park audio (try Live365 Mouseworld Radio).

Sometimes, when I'm really feeling the Disney blues, I'll plan a trip that I know I won't take. I might plan one for six months from now (and imagine that I have the money, lol), or just price out how much it would cost to go tomorrow, or this weekend. Then I'll think about what parks I would go to, what attractions I'd do, where I'd eat.

The only thing, though, that really "cures" it I'd have to say is actually going, though.

LiveyMouse22

I HAVE THE DISNEY BLUES. Been trying to see if we can manage a trip this year and crossing my fingers that everything will work out. HOPEFULLY! Also, the other day my computer crashed with MULTIPLE MULTIPLE problems and I wound up losing absolutely EVERYTHING on my computer. INCLUDING all the pictures from my past Disney trip. Hoping to make more pictures and memories this year! And that everything works out with everyone and we all get out of our Disney Depressions! :animwink::wave:

Mikester71

Totally agree with the ones on here who said that weather can contribute to getting the Disney blues. Living up here in Canada (albeit, the most southern part of Canada), we have long, drawn out winters with very little sunlight for weeks/months on end. To top it off, last summer was a real bummer too; very cold! So it is easy to sit here, looking out the window, pining for warmer and sunnier temperatures. Not a day goes by during the winter where I didn't wish I was at WDW, or just down in Florida for that matter. Of course when the weather gets warmer here in a couple of months, there is more to do and it helps take your mind off of Disney for a bit.

Our last WDW vacation was last March and we have another one booked for next March. I find starting a countdown immediately when you realize you are going back again helps the time go by quicker. The week after we returned from last year's trip, I knew we would be going again in 2 years. So I started the countdown at 722 days (or whatever it was) and looking at it right now, hard to believe we are already down to 376! The kids think it takes forever, when in reality, it really does fly by.

Mikester71

Oh yeah, almost forgot! This site does WONDERS for helping deal with a case of the Disney blues...don't know what I would do without it! Talking with other people who share the same passion towards something that you do is the BEST medicine out there! Just reading everyone else's trip reports and looking at your pictures makes me feel like I am there again!!!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

20009551sc

Disney Blues

Our last trip was in November of last year. We spent the weekend and went to Mickeys Christmas Party. We usually have our June vacation planned and paid for. We stay at the camp grounds for a week or so.
Not this year. We've had lots of medical bills and now I may be losing my job or at the least taking a demotion. My June trip was my stress release. It is the one time where I don't think of the outside world and truly unwind. It's really hard since we live in Fla. and are just 2 hours away. Can't afford the seasonal passes that we have gotten for the last 10 years
I check this site often as it keeps me up to date with the Disney happenings. We have gone for the last 19 years, right after our daughter was born. We are all suffering through the Disney blues and are hoping that something good happens to turn the year around. Time will tell.

todpatcam

We only obsess over Disney; we live in the Midwest and get the winter blues since we’re not into too many winter activities. We’ve been going to the beach in SC for 20 years and we look forward to our week on the beach but not like we do for Disney. We start planning our summer beach trip sometime in Jan or Feb of the year we’re going. We start planning our Disney trip on the plane home from Disney and get into planning for the entire year. We talk about Disney a lot more than any other trip we take – there is just something about the place. Has anybody checked the water? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom