how many more days for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bears163

we are down to 174 oops 173 days till our first visit home. still don't know what resort to reserve yet. thinking either saratoga or wilderness lodge. we are going sept 13-18. still looking for a good deal in airfare from philly to orlando

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
111 Days.

And, not that I get excited about the New Year's Holiday, as I think it's a humbug holiday. But, who else besides me is excited that, as of today, they no longer have to say they are going NEXT year? It seems so much closer to be able to say I am going THIS year! :sohappy:

Next month sounds even better! :D

DS11 & I'll be arriving 10 Feb, Epcot that afternoon to activate our APs and pick up a temporary DDE card. Then off to Davenport to find my Snow Bird Out-Laws [my ex-wife's parents are renting a house 7 Jan to 7 Apr and invited us to stay with them]. We fly out on the 18th.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
In 24 hours!!! We're driveing so it will be even longer untill i get to the sun state!! Can't wait!!!! :) :)

Where in Canada? I'll be driving for the first time in June [and again in August :D], but I'm not brave enough to drive in winter...

Upvote 0

sbkline

In 24 hours!!! We're driveing so it will be even longer untill i get to the sun state!! Can't wait!!!! :) :)

Ya, if we're counting the road trip there, then it is 110 days for me. And I don't know why my original count didn't include the trip down, as I consider the road trip part of the fun.

So, to revise it, it's 110 days until we hit the interstate. 111 days until we check in.

Just curious, for those of you coming from Canada, do you come down through Michigan over the Mackinaw bridge and then follow I-57 down through Illinois and then catch I-24 in Southern Illinois?

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
From Ottawa, we cross into the U.S. at Hill Island. then I-81 to Washington and I-95 to I-4... [Mapquest makes it sound more complicated than that, but those are the basics].

Upvote 0

sbkline

From Ottawa, we cross into the U.S. at Hill Island. then I-81 to Washington and I-95 to I-4... [Mapquest makes it sound more complicated than that, but those are the basics].

D'oh! Silly me, I forgot that Canada is a large country that spans the entire East to West of the US. So I forgot to take into consideration that the route you take depends on what part of Canada you live in. I was simply thinking about the route I would take from where I live if I were to road trip up into Canada. :eek:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
D'oh! Silly me, I forgot that Canada is a large country that spans the entire East to West of the US. So I forgot to take into consideration that the route you take depends on what part of Canada you live in. I was simply thinking about the route I would take from where I live if I were to road trip up into Canada. :eek:

:lol:

Second-largest country in the world! :D

I wouldn't worry about it, there are occasionally other Americans who make far worse assumptions about Canada! You're not crossing the border in July with skis on the roof rack looking for snow, are you? :lookaroun

Upvote 0

sbkline

You're not crossing the border in July with skis on the roof rack looking for snow, are you? :lookaroun

I've never been to Canada, nor have any plans in the immediate future to visit, and I don't ski, so I guess the answer would be no. :D

We've talked about going up there someday, and if/when we do, I know that most of Canada wouldn't be having snow in July, except for the parts farther up North closer to the Arctic area. :wave:

Upvote 0

H20Babie

From "Winterpeg"

Coming from Winnipeg, whenever we drive down, we go immediately south, then nose our way east as the snow fades! (Minneapolis, Madison, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Memphis, Nashville, Atlanta). We have occasionally gone east first, through Detroit, but prefer to get the snow behind us as fast as we can!

80 days, 21 hours, 12 minutes and 40 seconds

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom