How long have you waited to catch a bus

debvath

Original Poster
If you stayed in a WDW resort how long have you waited to catch a bus to go to the parks, and which resort did you stay at?

daverube

Depends on the resort. I always feel that the busses come more frequently to the WL than they do the Value resorts....but that could just be because I like the WL A LOT more than the the Stars or Pop....

As for wait times....I've waited 5ish minutes for the bus at the WL and 20ish minutes for the bus at the value resorts....

Oh, btw, Welcome to the Boards!!!

my 2 cents....

dave

debvath

Original Poster
We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. Catching a bus from Animal Kingdom back to the room in (sideways) rain 2 hrs!!!!

The other resorts had no problems

wdwCC

If you stayed in a WDW resort how long have you waited to catch a bus to go to the parks, and which resort did you stay at?

15 minutes from Pop Century to DHS, less than that to MK or EP. Longest wait we had was from DTD back to Pop, 45 minutes.

MKCP 1985

I doubt it is a function of the resort. More likely it is a function of bus driver scheduling.

The last three times we stayed on property, we were at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside and we saw the same thing happen at each resort:

Day 1:
Arrive at bus stop, with plan to visit (Park A).
Buses come for Parks B, C, D and Downtown Disney. Next bus - Park B, C or D again. :brick: Finally, bus comes for Park A.

Day 2:
Arrive at bus stop, with plan to visit Park B.
bus comes for Park A! :lol: Buses come for Parks C, D and Downtown Disney. Next bus - Park A! :brick: Finally bus comes for Park B.

It is really just the luck of the draw, but the usual wait is 5 - 10 minutes and the longest wait was 30 minutes.

One time my hubby and I waited for over an hour for a bus to DTD. We were staying at POFQ and figured that taking the bus would be faster than taking the boat as sometimes the boats were full and we'd have to wait longer. We were going to see La Nouba and we were at the bus stop more than two hours before show time.. We went inside to the main desk to tell them that the bus was not coming (busses for every other park had been by at least twice each) a CM got a van and drove us to DTD Westside just in time to get to the show.. It must have been a scheduling problem but the CM's handled it wonderfully.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
After waiting 30 mins at Old Key West for bus to Epcot one day during the Food & Wine Festival, we gave up and took the car. :brick: (The bus stop was right across from our room/parking)

The rest of the trip, we waited about ten minutes when we wanted a bus.

KristieLC

We were at POP late week and never waited more than 5 minutes or so. Maybe we just had lucky timing. Seems a lot of people wait at DTD. We happened to have our own car, so we drove to DTD ourselves just because it seemed more convenient and took the bus to the parks.

Gig 'Em Mickey

Last time we stayed at pop and we never waited more than 5-10 minutes except early in the morning at park opening or at night at closing. Then I think we waited 15 minutes one time. Not bad at all. Good thing about Pop is it has its own bus line. Bad thing about pop is the bus space is always the furthest one from the gate.

Philo

I don't think I've ever waited more than 20 mins from a resort.

To a resort I've waited upto about 45 mins (the longest I've ever waited was for a boat back to WL from MK - no idea why it took so long?!)

From DTD I've waited a maximum or around 45mins again to go to the Poly (this was on a grad night though so delays were expected)

I do wanna say that this is only the odd occasion and generally speaking the bus / transport service is great.

kathyjacks

well we stayed at Pop Century for 10 days.The bus service from POP and TO POP were great . Never waited over 10 min. Even when we went out in the morning and the 1st bus was full another bus would pull up within 5 min. Same when parks closed at night. The one time we had a problem was we went to dinner at Ohanas at the Polynesian. And then wanted to take a bus to DOwntown disney. WEll we waited for an hr and a half and still no bus.I was IRATE:mad:, the people at the polynesian were great though and gave us a ride to downtown.I can't remember what happened but we had asked a bus driver on the way over to poly for dinner if a bus left from there for downtow(think he was wrong!)Anyway the head of the busdriver department(whatever you call that LOL) came and met us at the hotel after he heard what happened and gave our whole family free fastpasses to any attraction and a free meal for everyone (which we had dining plan) so we used it as a breakfast.Anyway probably not the norm and possibly our fault cuz it was our first time at disney and didn't know how things worked. THe people at the Poly and the head of the bus driving thing went over and beyond to make it up to us and I hold no grudges. I couldn't ask for more then that.So all in all over a 10 day period of using the buses 100% of our trip around the park it went great. WE had park hoppers and dining plan so we traveled from our resort to the parks in the morning . Back to the resort in the afternoon. Back to a resort or park for Dinner, Back to a different park in the evening and then back to our resort for the night Daily for 10 days. Pretty good track record if you ask me.At least 40 bus rides and only 1 problem. Saved us a ton in gas and trouble finding our way around and through their enormous parking lots.Would reccoment their bus service to anyone!:xmas:

Jekyll_Baker

During my last visit in early November, I stayed at WL. One mid-afternoon, I waited for the bus to DTD for about 45 minutes. During the wait, there were 6 busses for MK, 4 for Epcot, 5 for Fort Wilderness, and at least 3-4 for each of DHS and AK. There was a bus there for DTD, but it was broken down and waiting for service. I just amused myself watching a few of the other guests also waiting for a working DTD bus - they'd run up to almost every bus that arrived, no matter where they were going, and ask the driver if they were going to DTD. BTW, I was the first person waiting for the DTD bus, and most of the other guests who were panicking had arrived at least 20-30 minutes after me (so yeah, do the math - most of the other people only waited 15-25 minutes).

kathyjacks

During my last visit in early November, I stayed at WL. One mid-afternoon, I waited for the bus to DTD for about 45 minutes. During the wait, there were 6 busses for MK, 4 for Epcot, 5 for Fort Wilderness, and at least 3-4 for each of DHS and AK. There was a bus there for DTD, but it was broken down and waiting for service. I just amused myself watching a few of the other guests also waiting for a working DTD bus - they'd run up to almost every bus that arrived, no matter where they were going, and ask the driver if they were going to DTD. BTW, I was the first person waiting for the DTD bus, and most of the other guests who were panicking had arrived at least 20-30 minutes after me (so yeah, do the math - most of the other people only waited 15-25 minutes).

Ok from reading these post I have a suggestion take the bus to everything else and when you visit downtown disney drive over.(that is if you have your car with you)I didn't realize that others had had the same problem going downtown and think I will do that next time.Wish i had known before i waited an hour and half rofl.Plus we only visited downtown once the whole 10 days so I guess it won't be too much trouble to drive to the one stop.

EvilQueen81

We always stay at pop and its different everytime. We have waited 10-15 minutes and we have also waited 45 mins. Usually the hotter it is the longer the wait or at least it seems that way.:shrug:

dazzer68

feb 2006, we waited for 2hours and 40 minutes to get home from blizzard beach resort, which closed early due to thunder storms. we were the only guests in the park, and the bus drivers didnt believe any one would be at the water parks on such a bad day (we are british!), we eventually wenet back to blizzard beach booth to get them to get a bus over.we were staying at all stars and could have walked back quicker but didnt know if we were allowed to walk.

paul436

I've experienced a couple of long waits (~30 minutes) for a bus during my several trips over the years but it is usually 5 -10 minutes. The longer waits were from DTD. Also, after a EPCOT fireworks I've waited a long time. Not because there weren't buses but there were so many people! I've had 3 or 4 buses pull up, fill up and go before there was space for me.

Jekyll_Baker

Ok from reading these post I have a suggestion take the bus to everything else and when you visit downtown disney drive over.(that is if you have your car with you)I didn't realize that others had had the same problem going downtown and think I will do that next time.Wish i had known before i waited an hour and half rofl.Plus we only visited downtown once the whole 10 days so I guess it won't be too much trouble to drive to the one stop.

Usually I do take my car whenever I go to DTD, but just that day I decided to take the bus

Bug715

Last year I had to wait over an hour for a bus from OKW to MK a few days before Christmas.

The only reason I got on the bus I got on was because I begged the driver. I had taken my car over and checked my parents into the resort before work so after work I could play in the parks with them. It was crazy!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom