how long have u been a member!?

prberk

Amazingly, September 2001, but after September 11. I still find it interesting each year to re-read the realtime comments made here, though, on that fateful day, as people resurrect the thread from that day (which, I think, is worth doing). (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=1994)

Anyhow, wow! Five years almost.

And I count several good friendships made here within that time.

Paul

Uponastar

prberk said:
Amazingly, September 2001, but after September 11. I still find it interesting each year to re-read the realtime comments made here, though, on that fateful day, as people resurrect the thread from that day (which, I think, is worth doing). (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=1994)

Anyhow, wow! Five years almost.

And I count several good friendships made here within that time.

Paul

Paul, thank you for that link. It's the first time I've seen it and it is chilling to read. Someone should post it every Sept. 11th.
This post stood out for me:

Quote:
Originally posted by disneycrazy
I'm gonna ask you as a retired Marine, do you consider this an act of war?
Tramp said:
As I sit here tonight next to my open window, the silence in the air is deafening and, occasionally, I hear the pulsating rotors of helicopters in the distance transporting victims to the burn centers in Yale-New Haven Hospital...kinda reminiscent of the Huey's evacuating the dead and wounded in Nam...if it ain't war, what is it?

nibblesandbits

October of 03...but I wasn't as involved back then as I am now. I really started getting involved probably in June of 04...when I decided I was going to go to Disney with my fiance. Then you all sucked me in.

Maria

I joined in June 2001, but I was a member a bit before that because the forums changed and we had to re-register.
In any case, it´s been already FIVE YEARS!! Unbelievable... specially when I think of the friends I made then and still keep in touch with! wow! Thanks Steve!

PixyDust

October 2003 - you're right, doesn't seem like three years, but then again, it feels like much more in some ways. This is by far the best Disney chat board. Much more civil than "others"!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The Mom said:
You don't want to know. :lol:

BUT, I haven't been a member for as long as Now Inc, Tramp, and a few others. We were all members of a previous forum, and some were members of a news group that preceeded Steve's website (I was only a member of the previous forum) So even though some have a "join" date of 2001, they've been around a lot longer. The forum was revamped a few months after I joined, so 2001 is still the year I joined.

That's quite interesting, I'd like to hear more. :wave:

I don't remember when I discovered this site, but remember snooping around before I joined in March 2003.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
26th October 2001 -- But... I was a lurker before then. I started lurking in June of 2001 -- so about 5 years now :wave:

mandib

October '01...yea it's been awhile but I don't post much just read usually. Oh well it's been fun. Wow and almost 5 years. Incredible!

NowInc

lol..uh...

As mom stated..i was a member of this version of the forum since day 1..

BUT..i was also a member of the ORIGINAL forum from back before this site was wdwmagic.com ;)

and before that...the mailing list...

Id say that goes back to about..99??

....woooo i feel old

pluto77

Since March 2005

I joined pretty much the day I found the site, too bad I didn't realize how much I would come to love it, maybe I would've picked a more creative name. :lol:

imagineer boy

Dec. 2002. Wow, has it really been that long?

Let me tell you guys, the forums have changed ALOT since then. There were many different people that hung out at that time, different screen names, different foum look, it's amazing how its changed.

But let me tell ya, you DO NOT want to read my first few posts. :lol: I was such a n00b.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom