How long after a trip until you start receiving PIN codes regularly again?

Mikester71

So I've been back from WDW for just over a month now and noticed a trend pertaining to my email inbox....the lack of WDW PIN codes. I don't want to sound greedy or anything, and realize not everyone gets the elusive PIN codes, but I was getting them on a regular basis leading up to my trip last month. I did a quick search on here for PIN codes and read a few threads where people said they were receiving them every few months or so, which sounds about right. Just curious as to what your experiences have been, for those who receive them regularly, with regards to how long after a trip before you start receiving them again. :shrug:

mickeysshoes

Order a new free DVD and see if you start to get PIN CODES....that is what has worked for me. I have been getting 2 a month (one in my name and one in DD name..sent one to her at college but used my email) since the new 2011 DVD was released.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

So I've been back from WDW for just over a month now and noticed a trend pertaining to my email inbox....the lack of WDW PIN codes. I don't want to sound greedy or anything, and realize not everyone gets the elusive PIN codes, but I was getting them on a regular basis leading up to my trip last month. I did a quick search on here for PIN codes and read a few threads where people said they were receiving them every few months or so, which sounds about right. Just curious as to what your experiences have been, for those who receive them regularly, with regards to how long after a trip before you start receiving them again.

PIN codes are meant to encourage you to take another trip.

How long was it between this trip and your previous one?

Upvote 0

Korfar

I think PIN codes are a myth. :lol: Honestly though I have never recieved one. Maybe because we go every year and they just expect it so they know they don't need to send me one.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

We usually go in November and have received PIN codes starting the May before for the past 2 years. But I think it's just a coincidence - I happen to agree with MontyMon that there's no rhyme or reason!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So I've been back from WDW for just over a month now and noticed a trend pertaining to my email inbox....the lack of WDW PIN codes. I don't want to sound greedy or anything, and realize not everyone gets the elusive PIN codes, but I was getting them on a regular basis leading up to my trip last month. I did a quick search on here for PIN codes and read a few threads where people said they were receiving them every few months or so, which sounds about right. Just curious as to what your experiences have been, for those who receive them regularly, with regards to how long after a trip before you start receiving them again. :shrug:

I know that it is frustrating not to get Pin codes, however, it is completely at random and there is not any correlation between your last visit and getting the Pin codes. I get Pin codes after I have booked a trip and haven't traveled yet, and I have received Pin codes after coming back from a trip, and then an entire year went by and I didn't receive any at all.

Upvote 0

Mimi

A pin code is a code that can be used at booking to take advantage of certain promotions and discounts. Disney randomly sends them out in emails... make sure to check your junk email folder.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

I have some interesting tidbits. I recently took my folks to WDW and paid for their trip (as a separate booking) but used my address and email. Now every time I get a pin code (which has happened a lot of the past months since we went - Feb 09) it is under their name.

I haven't gotten any pins for my family since that trip, only ones for them .. hence, my conclusion is that the fewer times you go, the more likely you are to get a pin code. This makes sense, of course, when you think about it. I don't know if it's a fluke or what, but I can't use any of these pins since they don't match my last name! (parents have a different last name) Argh :)

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

We booked with a pin code for free dining this coming June and then received the exact same pin code again just last week. Maybe they want us to come twice? That would be nice!

Upvote 0

ABDisneyKID

I have been to WDW 5 times and never got a pin #.
Last year I took my 2 granddaughters and have gotten 2 emails with pin # addressed to my 9 y/o granddaughter and her mailing address.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
I agree with what most of you are saying about no rhyme or reason as to who gets them and when. I know I consider myself lucky when I do receive one. It just seemed funny that I was receiving them regularly when I had a trip on the foreseeable horizon (which was already booked and paid for months in advance) and now since I've been back, they've all dried up. Just piqued my curiosity as to why they stopped suddenly. I am not overly worried right now anyways, as it looks like we won't be back until later next year at the earliest. My wife and I are REALLY hoping to be able to plan a trip for just the two of us next Sept/Oct and I know a nice PIN code early next year would make our decision that much easier. :)

And I see I am not the only one to receive them in another family member's name. What is up with that! :ROFLOL: I have been the one to book all four of our WDW family vacations (3 of which my mother in law came with us) through my local CAA agent here in Canada, yet the two PIN code offers I received by regular mail in the past two years have both come in my mother in laws name, but with our address. And she doesn't even live in Canada! :brick: She's American (like my wife) and lives across the border in Michigan and doesn't belong to ANY Disney related websites or mailing lists. I think she did order the planning DVD one year, and her name WAS on one of the rooms for those 3 trips she did tag along on though now that I think of it. But it still seems funny that she gets them while I am the Disney geek in the family who spends WAY too much time on Disney sites and subscribing to Disney related stuff!! Oh well...what can you do!

Upvote 0

fosse76

I haven't received a PIN in two years, since I bought my first AP. Since I don't think there is any time where I don't have a reservation booked for some time of the year, I doubt I'll ever receive one again!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom