How good is Via Napoli?

Chef Kronk

Original Poster
Hi all,

We have 2 dining reservations for Chef Mickey's on two different dates. We want to get rid of one of them and Via Napoli seems like a good option to replace it. Our kids (14, 10) like Chef Mickey's but they don't love it enough to go twice in one trip (same with me and my DW). Everyone in our family loves Italian food, especially a good pizza!:hungry:

For those of you who have visited Via Napoli, I would like some opinions on it. How is the food? The atmosphere? And any other things you may have to say! Thanks!:)

zurgandfriend

The pizza is very good, another time DW and DS had the tortellini soup and spagetti and meatballs and they enjoyed it. I had the pasta fagiloi and the white lasagna which was aslo good, not as good as I get in Boston but good.

HolleBolleGijs

I hear a lot of complaints about it on here, but I ate there about 2 years ago and had a fantastic experience. I had some sort of spinach lasagna the was DELICIOUS, although quite small for the price (man, was it filling though!).

Disney4family

We always enjoy our experience here. It's a loud, bright, open room. Some people would say it's too noisy. It's Disney. It's exciting. The three ovens named after volcanos are large and neat to see. ( I would say "cool" to see, but that wouldn't make much sense I guess). Three of us get the individual pizzas. My daughter always gets pasta. Everyone eats everything. It's a fun meal. We've never had an issue with the staff. We'll be back there in a month! :hungry:

Disney4family

We have never been but have reservations to go on our upcoming trip! I am anxious to see how people respond! I could not decide if I wanted to keep these reservations or cancel! Thanks for posting this!
Try it once and see for yourself. We've tried the other Italian restaurant many times over many years (and many "new owners") and won't be back. We keep coming back to Via Napoli.

Sparkle1566

I go every trip..... I have always had great food.... pizza, lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs. Yummy deserts too !!!!
The only negative... it is a pretty fast paced place, sometimes you feel rushed, as they are working hard to turn tables and keep reservations on time. I would absolutely try it !!!!

DisneyPrincess5

We went there a few months after it opened and got the veggie pie. It was truly one of the worst pizzas we've ever had (and we live close to NY and have had all kinds of excellent pizza). The vegetables were clearly canned. Maybe in the future we will go and try something else. Every photo I see of the food looks incredible-we were so disappointed that our meal didn't live up to the excitement.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We absolutely love the pizza and have to go every single trip!! And yes we have had good pizza before. Lol. Me and DH always get the Melon and prosciutto pizza and one other pizza and add extra cheese (to us they are better this way). Never had a bad experience there and have been quite a few times. :)

bee

My DW and I have been there three times now and have never been disappointed. We have had broccolini, capricciosa (minus meat), and funghi pizzas. There were all amazing! Then service tends to be on the quick side but we have never felt rushed. Definitely give it a try!

Mary<3sWDW

Thanks for asking this, I was wondering myself! I have a question too - if you have the table service dining plan what type of pizza can you get? For example, if my mom and I both have the plan, can we get a large pizza or only individual pizzas? How many toppings can we pick?
Thanks!

sxeensweet

Thanks for asking this, I was wondering myself! I have a question too - if you have the table service dining plan what type of pizza can you get? For example, if my mom and I both have the plan, can we get a large pizza or only individual pizzas? How many toppings can we pick?
Thanks!
You get the individual pizzas with the plan. You can get any pizza they have or create your own with any toppings you want. They are pretty big even though they are individual pizzas. I'd say they are 10" about. Me and DH get each a different one and share and usually can't finish them eventhough we don't fill up entirely fast. But we do usually have an appetizer or 2 before. :)

Mary<3sWDW

You get the individual pizzas with the plan. You can get any pizza they have or create your own with any toppings you want. They are pretty big even though they are individual pizzas. I'd say they are 10" about. Me and DH get each a different one and share and usually can't finish them eventhough we don't fill up entirely fast. But we do usually have an appetizer or 2 before. :)
Thanks for your response! I was wondering how it worked!

sxeensweet

Thanks for your response! I was wondering how it worked!

Your very welcome! Yep before our first visit there we wondered the same thing. And as weird as this combo sounds try the prosciutto and melon (canteloupe) pizza. We were like huh!? But now we absolutely love it and it's something you can't get just anywhere. :)

JasonDeyoung

Went for the first time in May and again in June. The pizza is really good. As for the service, our waiter/waitress both times were not the best. The seating is fairly loud I thought. I still love it though and will def continue to go. I just booked two more reservations

Last edited:

Mary<3sWDW

Your very welcome! Yep before our first visit there we wondered the same thing. And as weird as this combo sounds try the prosciutto and melon (canteloupe) pizza. We were like huh!? But now we absolutely love it and it's something you can't get just anywhere. :)
That isn't a combination I would think of but it sounds interesting! Thanks for the idea!

sxeensweet

That isn't a combination I would think of but it sounds interesting! Thanks for the idea!
I thought the same and so did DH. Lol He was the most skeptical and he fell in love with it too. So glad we did not end up passing that pizza up. Now we can't go there and not order it. :hungry:

ekutchey

One of the best restaurants within Epcot that is not a signature restaurant. I have seen several posting it is just pizza. I would beg to differ! It is some of the best pizza around. The pizza is fresh (you can watch the dough being prepared by the chefs and tossed), all the ingredients are fresh (most grown right at Epcot) and baked in stone ovens directly from Italy. The ovens are quite impressive! I would also recommend dessert! The gelato is wonderful, smooth and fresh. I would highly suggested going! But a reservation is usually a must.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom