How good is Via Napoli?

MickeyMomV

We have visited Via Napoli on our last two trips. The pizza is very good and if you get an appetizer I highly recommend the arancini. It is to die for. But if you ask my boys they will tell you the dessert is phenomenal. They love the Zeppole di Caterina, which is the ricotta cheese fritters with chocolate sauce and fresh whipped cream. So Good!!!!

chrisrobin

We've always lived in the NY/NJ area until very recently and are therefore very accustomed to excellent pizza. We were very disappointed with the pizza at Via Napoli and would not recommend it. We thought it was more like a flatbread than pizza and was rather tasteless. In general, while the atmosphere is fun, if you can get good Italian food at home, we'd say try something else to avoid sad comparisons.

Rescue Ranger

Pizza was great! Atmosphere was enjoyable. Service was deplorable!!!!

Extremely rude and unaccommodating staff. Our server was too busy flirting with the girls at another table and even altered our bill to change his tip!!!! :facepalm: Disney was not too pleased by this and took it quite seriously. While the pizza I ordered was excellent, I do not know if I would return after this experience. Possibly give it another try, but it will not be a priority.

Hockey89

It might be the style of pizza and that some people are more accustom to a certain type. Personally, both times I've visited, the people in my party and I thought the pizza was delicious. I can also see how some people may not like it.
Having eating at many great pizza places in NYC and other locations, I can't even begin to agree it's because of the style... I love different styles of pizza.... I was so excited to try it last time too.... My wife and I both took a bite and said wow. :(

Jahona

Having eating at many great pizza places in NYC and other locations, I can't even begin to agree it's because of the style... I love different styles of pizza.... I was so excited to try it last time too.... My wife and I both took a bite and said wow. :(

Ah see you have had the privilege of eating at decent pizza places. Where I'm from it's almost all big name straight from the freezer to the oven pizzas.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

To each his own. Lol. Sorry to those of you that did not have a good experience there. We have had many kinds of pizza and styles of great pizza, and we put this on par with any great pizza we have enjoyed. That's okay it just leaves more for all of us that do love Via Napoli. Haha :hungry::hilarious:

ekutchey

After reading many of these posts I have to say that New York style pizza and the pizza at Via Napoli are like comparing apples to oranges. The styles, types and making process are completely different. I enjoy both types but do not want anyone to judge based on those remarks. I 110% recommend Via Napoli for the entire menu and atmosphere!!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
After reading many of these posts I have to say that New York style pizza and the pizza at Via Napoli are like comparing apples to oranges. The styles, types and making process are completely different. I enjoy both types but do not want anyone to judge based on those remarks. I 110% recommend Via Napoli for the entire menu and atmosphere!!
I couldn't of said it better!! Thanks! :D

JAG107

Went once after reading the countless rave reviews on forums like this one, had the melon pizza...and was sorely disappointed. Was told at the podium we would be seated in 10 minutes. We had our disabled grandfather with us who has a hard time standing and walking. We had to find him a seat at one of the outdoor tables in the vicinity because we waited almost 75 minutes for our table! Once inside, we were served with lightning speed. The check came 5 minutes after the food, which arrived very shortly after placing our order. They were definitely in a hurry to close. For a $40 pizza, it was definitely not causing me to levitate with enthusiasm. Fairly bland, hardly and cheese, the white sauce was very thin, and overall was underwhelming. For 2 Jacksons, I expect mind blowing pie. This was not it. One member in the party had the spaghetti, which was standard quality, no complaints. Sure, the atmosphere is nice. You get DVC and AP discount here, too. Maybe you will go there, try it out and say "boy was that guy WRONG!" I hope that is the case. As for our family, we will stick to the good pizza we have at home, and try other TS options on future trips.

worldfanatic

Anybody have an opinion on whether the atmosphere is better at lunch or dinner?
I know the menu doesn't change, but sometimes lighting and other subtle effects change the mood.

BuddyThomas

Hmmmmmm. Okay. I'm just gonna risk the flame attacks and go there.

We were there in June, and at the time, I felt that it was fine, but maybe that was just the good Disney vibes wiping all the negativity away.

But the more I think about it, the more I feel that the pizza was really substandard.

We ordered a large pie with mushrooms and "diced" tomatoes (their description on the menu, not ours). Here is what arrived, as previously mentioned on my trip report:

Via Napoli pizza.JPG

If anyone can find a "diced' tomato here, please point it out.

No, these were cherry tomatoes, cut in halves.

Also, please notice the distribution of the toppings:

There is like one piece that doesn't have a single tomato on it, and another that just has one, and another that has about 7. There is one slice that has one single mushroom and nothing much else at all.

The pie had barely any sauce on it and when we asked for extra sauce, the person waiting on us looked at us like we had three heads, smiled, nodded, walked away, and was never seen again until the end of the meal when the check was presented.

I mean, it was Disney, and we had a great time, but the more and more I think about that pizza I realize that it was just not that good at all.

Just our experience. I'm sure other people have exactly the opposite experience and all opinions are valid.

Jon81uk

It was 5 years ago, but was the best Italian style (very thin crust) pizza I've ever had. Loved the Proscuitto & Melone.

View attachment 102199

If anyone can find a "diced' tomato here, please point it out.

No, these were cherry tomatoes, cut in halves.

Also, please notice the distribution of the toppings:

Ouch topping distribution on that is awful and if as you say there wasn't much sauce then send it back to the kitchen.

Although sometimes Domino's topping distrubtion is too formal, every slice has one of everything!

Hockey89

Yes, I get that.... I have had pizza at many places that are doing the same style at Via.... Via is terrible at it... Soup on top of barley cooked dough.... Toppings not properly placed... Service nowhere to be found.... Just the most overrated place at Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom