How far into your first visit

Craig & Lisa

Original Poster
Just to be curious, I was wondering that while into your first visit you realized that this was the place you wanted to go to as much as possible? Our first visit was Nov. 1997, our sons were 4 and 1 1/2, it was about 2 days into that that I realized I wanted to go back again and again. Which will happen again April 10th to April 15th, 15th visit. The next one after is the first week of July.

ssidiouss@mac.c

For me it was when I walked into Epcot on the first night of our honeymoon.

During the first day we went to Magic Kingdom but it was really croweded and we had no idea what we were doing back then so the only thing we went on was the Tiki Room because everything seemed to have a long wait time. We hated the Tiki Room and after walking around a bit we went back to our room to finish unpacking and to watch the Eagles game on TV. We freshened up and then went to Epcot as it got dark.. and woah.. walking into Epcot was amazing. The lights, colors, music, spaceship earth, etc were just an awesome sight to behold. As we walked into World Showcase the lights went down, the torches lit up, and the pre-illuminations music came on.. all very cool... and Illuminations really sealed the deal for me.. what a show.. and after Illuminations while we were walking towards the front of the park with the post-illuminations song playing was when I realized that this was a place that I would have to come back to many many more times.

Mr. Friendly

this is a good topic

On our second trip when we steped out of the limo, I felt that I was home.

Disney World for so many reasons is just the best family trip, especial if you have more than 2 kids.:)

Shellybelle

For me, it was on the ferry ride to MK. There was just something 'bout seeing the castle from a distance and seeing the Poly & Contemporary with with wind blowing around us and seeing the kids with such happy faces. Magical!

amandagibbins

as soon as we got on the seven seas lagoon and saw THE CASTLE WOW were hooked hence spending thousands on DVC last year when we went back im poor forever but not for Disney:sohappy:

David

This is too wierd! just this morning I was thinking about our first trip and when I new I wanted to come back again. I think that by the end of the first day in the Magic Kingdom, the pixie dust had done it's job and I was hooked.

cooleo

Went for first time on Honeymoon in '87 & didn't think about it again for a long time. Then, one day in February '96 a coworker had just gotten back & was telling me about his trip. It was right then & there that I realized I was missing the place. I went home & told my wife to book a trip immediately. May '96 we were on our way back to paradise & I haven't been able to break the habit since. I feel like I should belong to a support group "Disneyholic"s Anonymous":p :p

laurann40

I agree, what a good topic... my first visit was my sr. class trip in 1984, and at that time, (if I remember correctly) there was only MK and epcot..but I loved it. Didn't go back until 1995. My parents went there in 1994, fell in love with Disney, bought into DVC, and started taking the whole family on vacation the following year. The moment I knew this was where I wanted to be..was while mom was checking into Boardwalk, and the rest of the family walked out onto that big patio, looking at the boardwalk and hearing the music playing, and all the smells.........we were ALL hooked. We have been going every year since, sometimes twice a year, if we are lucky enough to get the time. (moving to florida next year hoping to get a job at Disney, who wouldn't want to work where everyone is happy all the time..:) )

mickeysmom

The 1st day we were there,my son was 11 at the time. We did MK,MGM, and Epcot all in one day, boy were our legs sore,it was worth it. Went back the next year for 14 days. Going again in 59 days,can't wait.

EMThompsen

For me it was at the end of my very first ride at WDW, Splash Moutain. I thought to myself " We are coming back to do this again". My partner had been to WDW before but I think he had such a good time watching me experience everything at WDW for the first time. I knew we both could visit again & again. I'll always remember the last night of our first visit. We had watched Wishes and were leaving the park. Above us on the railroad sation bridge cm's were waving good -bye wearing their Mickey gloves. They also had placards that read " See Ya Real Soon" Every mouseketeer remembers that saying. I yelled up to them " You bet you will"
By the way, seeing Wishes fireworks is a great way to end your first visit to WDW. Talk about overwhelmed with emotion... Wha-Hoo!

hokielutz

My first visit was when I was one year old. I've been told that while I was in the stroller... I was smiling and clapping as we went into the MK. So I am going to say that qualifies as my way of saying I wanted to come back again and again.
Its a good thing that my parents shared my excitement.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We had already decided we had to come back to Florida at some point, wed been to Universal and Sea World, then half way down Main street we just looked at each other and said that we were definately coming back.

Didnt know then it would become a compulsion, I could have cleared my mortgage if I had visited all these times, but as my grandpa used to say, your a long time dead!

Rototom

The second I walked into EPCOT back in 1984. I was 15 so I could go back myself. But since I've been an adult I go about once a year for the last 14 yrs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom