How early have you checked in?

ELG13

Original Poster
We leave home on Thursday very early so we can get the the park for a decent day (6 hour drive for us). The plan is to go straight to MK so we don't anticipate our room will be ready but I'm wondering if it's possible we may be ready to go directly to our room around noon or 1?? We wanted to bring a few items like milk and coffee creamer but if we will not be able to drop it in the room first we won't bring it. It's obviously not a big deal but just curious what check in times have been like lately. I'd much prefer to just drive to the park but my husband loves riding the busses so if we can go to the room first and then ride the bus to the park he will be happy. He was worried check in after being at the park would be rough but I reminded him it's direct to room like we had done previously at the cabins.

Club Cooloholic

Yeah, you can't count out it. That said if you have no room preference, they can probably fit you in somewhere, but you would have to stop by front desk first.

ELG13

Original Poster
Ok that's good to know then. I'll let him know its an option and go from there. I've never driven to the parks so I'm kind of interested to see the process and it would probably be the only time on this trip we can ride the monorail or ferry.

Buck Wheelie

The earliest we have checked- in and the room was ready was 10:30-10:45a.m. The last few trips we have had to wait until 4 pm and the sometimes the room wasn't ready then. I had to go the desk to bug them to get our room.

KellBelle

The earliest we have ever had has been about noon. Usually, it's been closer to actual check in time. If it were me, I would probably hit a Target or Publix just off property for the perishables before you check in. In December, we hit a Publix and it was not far of a drive at all.

KTK

We were there in December. Room at GF was ready by 11:15-11:30 am. There is a Publix not that far away just outside of WDW. You could always bring a small cooler to put food in.

crawale

We leave home on Thursday very early so we can get the the park for a decent day (6 hour drive for us). The plan is to go straight to MK so we don't anticipate our room will be ready but I'm wondering if it's possible we may be ready to go directly to our room around noon or 1?? We wanted to bring a few items like milk and coffee creamer but if we will not be able to drop it in the room first we won't bring it. It's obviously not a big deal but just curious what check in times have been like lately. I'd much prefer to just drive to the park but my husband loves riding the busses so if we can go to the room first and then ride the bus to the park he will be happy. He was worried check in after being at the park would be rough but I reminded him it's direct to room like we had done previously at the cabins.
It all depends. We have checked in at 7am and room was ready and sometimes the room was not ready until past 4pm. You can always buy milk in the gift shop and pick up a few creamers when you get coffee.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
It's really quite variable. We have arrived as early as 4:30am (Boardwalk, room wasn't ready then... but was ready at 7am) and most visits we arrive around 7am. I'd say that about 50% of the time, the room is ready by 1pm. However, the other 50% of the time the room isn't ready until right at (or a bit past) 4pm.

During our split stay in July, both rooms were ready early in the morning. We visited in November and stayed off-site, but the room also was ready early morning.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It's all over the place. Sometimes as early as 10am. Other times I had to wait past 3pm. I think time of year and hotel occupancy play into the equation. The good thing is you can just leave you stuff with the bell-hop and go about your day. I've had times where I tried to check in (well I actually did check in) and didn't have a room - so went to a park and didn't get back to the hotel until 9 or 10pm.

Kristopher Rannells

We have checked in as early as 8:30ish but our room has seldom been ready before 1:00. In fact I can only remember twice in 20+ trips it has ever been ready in the morning. Most times we are in between 1:00 and 3:00. On the flip side, I also can only remember once we didn't get our room until late and that was when we hopped resorts during our trip so it was no big deal

DisneyGigi

We have checked in and had a room ready several trips before 7 am. Was able to go to the room before 7 am again this past week at Yacht Club.

NelleBelle

My fingers are crossed for an early morning check-in, too! We arrive on a red-eye at 6:00am. Trying to decide if we should use DME (likely the last time we could) and use up some time but risk sitting with people (lol, after flying, what's a bus ride) or take a ride-share. Otherwise, we're dumping our bags, going to breakfast and killing sometime until Storm-along Bay opens so we can take a nap! Then we'll head over to Epcot in the afternoon. But would dearly love it if we can be in our room to nap and shower rather than at the pool.😊

ELG13

Original Poster
Ok thanks y'all!!? Sounds like it's a possibility it may be ready so we will probably go there first!!

SaltyD

Make sure you do your online check in and specify early arrival if you can. They won't and can't guarantee it but it doesn't hurt, and like originally stated, bell services can hold your stuff for you so you can head to a park. Hit the ground running!

ELG13

Original Poster
Make sure you do your online check in and specify early arrival if you can. They won't and can't guarantee it but it doesn't hurt, and like originally stated, bell services can hold your stuff for you so you can head to a park. Hit the ground running!
Does bell services put your stuff in your room or would we need to get it?

SaltyD

Does bell services put your stuff in your room or would we need to get it?
You would need to get it - easy enough - when you return to the resort, you go to Bell Services and let them know you are there to get your stuff. They could then bring it to your room but you would have to stop at Bell Services first.

ELG13

Original Poster
You would need to get it - easy enough - when you return to the resort, you go to Bell Services and let them know you are there to get your stuff. They could then bring it to your room but you would have to stop at Bell Services first.
Awesome!! Not a problem at all for us to grab our stuff!! Thank you!

ELG13

Original Poster
My fingers are crossed for an early morning check-in, too! We arrive on a red-eye at 6:00am. Trying to decide if we should use DME (likely the last time we could) and use up some time but risk sitting with people (lol, after flying, what's a bus ride) or take a ride-share. Otherwise, we're dumping our bags, going to breakfast and killing sometime until Storm-along Bay opens so we can take a nap! Then we'll head over to Epcot in the afternoon. But would dearly love it if we can be in our room to nap and shower rather than at the pool.😊
We are loading the kids into the car at 4am in their pjs so I was kind of hoping they could change at the hotel room before we hit the park. Changing in a bathroom isn't the worst thing but I wouldn't mind freshening up a bit just to get the road trip grime off 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom