How early have you checked in?

NelleBelle

We are loading the kids into the car at 4am in their pjs so I was kind of hoping they could change at the hotel room before we hit the park. Changing in a bathroom isn't the worst thing but I wouldn't mind freshening up a bit just to get the road trip grime off šŸ˜‚
That's an EARLY morning but at least the kids should sleep (unless they're like mine and would be too excited, j/k...whenever we hit the plane, they were out the entire 5+ hr plane ride until landing). I hear ya about wanting the grime off! Have a great trip and let us know how it all went! šŸ˜

KaliSplash

We've gotten in before 8:30 a.m. on the two times we've tried it. We had not stated a room preference. This worked at All Star-Music and Pop. Have not tried at moderate or deluxe resorts. All this was pre-covid, of course.

ELG13

Original Poster
Well we are back from our short trip. Our room was ready by the arrival time we put, which was noon. We got stopped on the interstate for 1.5 hrs because of a wreck so we were able to drop off everything at the room and go. The park was EMPTY on Thursday. We walked on to Peter pan! Only thing we had to wait for was mine train. We got to the park around 230 and still rode mine train 3 times and everything else at least once, sometimes 2 or 3 times. It was a little busier on Friday but still an awesome time. Woke up to rain on Saturday so we were happy to be leaving on a high note after a FABULOUS dinner the night before at whispering canyon. Only thing that bummed me out was we were seated immediately for dinner and the gift shop was closed before we could make it in so that will have to wait until April. All in all it was a fabulous trip. Disney is doing a fantastic job keeping guests safe. I felt so much safer there than I do just going grocery shopping here in my hometown. If anyone is wondering if they should go.....JUST DO IT. If I could do it again I would pick a Tues/Wed or Wed/Thur trip just to really maximize the low crowds. After 2 days (really more like 1.5) we had more than enough time to do everything we wanted.

Nottamus

We always get in (driving) at like 9am.

First trip to Coronado, room was ready. Even the castmember checking us in was surprised.

Next 11 trips to AKL: after dropping stuff off at Bell Services and heading to a park, we'll get the 'room ready' text usually around noonish, then we head back and have our stuff brought up from to the room. Pretty easy and seamless if you ask me.

If we need things, we'll head down to rt 192 and the many choices of stores to choose from.

Have a great trip

HouCuseChickie

Earliest we've ever checked in was 7am and surprisingly enough, our room was ready. I do try to put in my anticipated arrival time on my online check in info to help with this. Although, we stayed at POR one time and it wasn't until sometime close to 4 when we got our room.

MickeyLuv'r

We leave home on Thursday very early so we can get the the park for a decent day (6 hour drive for us). The plan is to go straight to MK so we don't anticipate our room will be ready but I'm wondering if it's possible we may be ready to go directly to our room around noon or 1?? We wanted to bring a few items like milk and coffee creamer but if we will not be able to drop it in the room first we won't bring it. It's obviously not a big deal but just curious what check in times have been like lately. I'd much prefer to just drive to the park but my husband loves riding the busses so if we can go to the room first and then ride the bus to the park he will be happy. He was worried check in after being at the park would be rough but I reminded him it's direct to room like we had done previously at the cabins.
As others have reported, we too have sometimes had a room ready at 7am (split stays), and sometimes not ready until 4pm. On trip, I arrived at nearly 10pm, and had to go by front desk, despite doing online check-in. Turns out, my room had been upgraded, so they wanted me to stop by front desk to let me know.

Another option if you want to bring milk/cream for coffee is to buy shelf-stable milk boxes. As long as they are unopened, they don't have to be kept cold. A well known brand is Parmalat, but Parmalat tends to come in quart size boxes. Horizon is one of the brands that comes in 8 ounce boxes, like for kids' lunch boxes. I've even packed them in my checked luggage (I pack them in a large ziplock bag just to make sure, but they have never leaked. bottled water, yes. Milk boxes, no.)

The biggest challenge is to find it in the grocery store. The lunch box milk boxes are often with other lunch box snacks (chips, goldfish, cracker packs). they can also be in the juice aisle, with juice boxes and chocolate milk. I have also found them in the baking aisle with the canned condensed/evaporated/powdered milk or non-dairy creamer/artificial sweeteners.

As for where to go, to retrieve your cold items: it depends. At the deluxe resorts, I think we've always just called, and they brought up our stuff. I can only recall one time we asked them to actually keep stuff in a fridge. One thing I can tell you is on the tail end of the trip, some of the hotels couldn't freeze an ice pack for us. I could not say specifically where we had trouble, but I gave up on that idea. We bring a soft sided cooler to keep chocolate from melting. chilled soda cans stay cool for along time, and make good makeshift cold packs (not frozen, just in the fridge).

Last edited:

cmwade77

You can check in at any time, your room may or may not be ready when you do so. That being said, if you do an online check in and tell them when you plan to arrive you do have a better chance of your room being ready at that time.

cmwade77

We are loading the kids into the car at 4am in their pjs so I was kind of hoping they could change at the hotel room before we hit the park. Changing in a bathroom isn't the worst thing but I wouldn't mind freshening up a bit just to get the road trip grime off šŸ˜‚
Since you are driving, you could try to find a Flying J truck stop (or something similar) that has showers that can be used before you go to the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom