How does ToT actually work?

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
DH and I were wondering after our last trip, and are now being quizzed by a claustrophobic brother with a terrible fear of heights. Why, I do not know. I am sure we won't get him on it.

But, it is obvious that it doesn't 'fall' because it moves horizontally; it couldn't move forward into an 'elevator shaft' and be supported from the top to mimic a 'free fall'. So does anyone have a detailed explination of how it works? Or info on how I can find out? It would be GREATLY appreciated!

That is interesting about the Hightower Hotel. I think Disney must have done some research into Japanese culture, when making the ride. The glowing idol idea, does seem to play into the whole Japanese culture surrounding the idea of spirits.

RobotWolf

The glowing idol idea, does seem to play into the whole Japanese culture surrounding the idea of spirits.

I've read that several times in various posts and find it interesting. I know nothing of how the Japanese view spirits. So would you mind expounding upon that?

JML42691

What happens is a platform with a cagelike structure around it moves to the "twilightzone" floor and then the elevator car locks in. It is nessesary for it to lock in as this ride is not a freefall, it forces you downwards faster than the normal 32ft/sec. caused by gravity.

aeromike

After being seated in the elevator onto the floor where you see the ghost which is projected on an alngled piece of glass, you are moved into the 5th Dimension, the lift car works on its own power box thats programmed to moved, recieveing signals from the floor, thats why if a park map falls on the ground, the ride breaks down, the elevator moves into another shaft, at top you can see the rope, but its actually being forced down by a bar like a normal elevator these days, but considering the force under the elevator the imagineers had the blow out the shafts.

kaykay596

How did they do it?

The only question I wanna know is how they created VMK because I'm hoping to someday be as sucesful as them in my own website freewebs.com/kay-kay596

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom