How do you start your resort stay?

rocknroller81

Original Poster
I'm sure everyone usually does something out of habit when they're first getting to their room after check in. For me, I like to turn on the TV and find the channel that shows features on the resort hotel I'm staying at and listen to the music as my mom and I unpack our luggage and then head for the cafeteria after we're done. So what does everyone else do to start off their stay?

Here's a link of the channel I'm talking about

jlsHouston

Yes check in and food. And the food always varies depending on if we are flying in or driving and what time of the day or night we arrive onsite. We have nothing "traditional" for first day or last day.

Tinkerbell397

I wake up and turn on the television to the resort station to see what is going on. My husband goes to the QS at our resort and gets himself a cafe and me a decaf in our disney mugs. Then we leisurely get ready for our day, usually the MK. We wander to breakfast....QS or TS depending on our plans and the on to the park. :cat:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Get groceries, Check in , get Owners Locker delivered, Unpack and sleep for a while as flight for us usually leaves at 0 dark hundred. eat or swim and take in some early evening park activity

HouCuseChickie

OK- normally we head right out and do "something"- really ANYTHING! Just something that says 'I'm at WDW!!!!" Mind you- this is since we started staying onsite- back in our offsite days- it was more dull upon arrival...more stalling...more checking on this or that.

So, in 2010- we immediately hopped a boat from WL to MK, in 2011- we didn't even go to our room (which was ready at 7am!)...just went straight to MK for breakfast, in 2012-we started exploring YC and BC and popped into Beaches and Cream for ice cream since we had a late dinner and needed a "healthy" snack. 2013 was the exception as we were horribly delayed due to a car accident. We were supposed to arrive mid afternoon, but didn't make it until nearly 11pm. I pretty much flopped on the bed and then decided to "move in" to our room...something we NEVER do! Let me just say how much I regret not "moving in" on previous trips. Made things sooooo much easier! Although, I don't know if I would have moved in had we arrived on time.

PhilharMagician

Leave early in the morning so we are at the airport around 5:30 AM. Grab a bite to eat on the concourse after passing through security and then patiently wait for the first signs of palm trees. Once at MCO typically take a Towncar to our resort with a grocery stop on the way. Once at the resort we unload to Bell services and head into the desk to check in. Typically we get our room right away and head up to check it out. As soon as we get to the room we call Bell services to get our bags delivered to the room which takes about 20 minutes. While we are waiting you need to watch the resort channels and of course the Top 7. We unpack, change into our park attire and load and go for Epcot. We are always a Epcot first family with the exception that one time we headed to DTD to watch the Dragon Boats for a while and of course then headed to Epcot for some fun food and drink.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom