How do you start your resort stay?

acrab3t

Freshen up, find some food (we are usually starving at this point) and head to the parks. We take the earliest possible flight so we have almost a full day. We usually go to Epcot or MK depending on which is closer to our resort.

75disney

We like to fly late morning so we arrive at our resort in mid-afternoon. I love that feeling of excited anticipation as we step off DME bus at our resort for the first time. It is always more beautiful than it is in the pictures (we try to do a different resort each stay). Once we check out our room, we explore the resort. I take a ton of pictures and we stop in the gift shop to buy our DDs their autograph book for the trip. Then we are off to O'hana for our traditional first day dinner. After dinner, we take a monorail ride and then it's back to our resort for a good night's sleep so we will be ready to hit the MK for rope drop the next morning.

LucyK

A well deserved nap after a red-eye 10-hour flight! After that we unpack, freshen up and go for some food at the resort or a favorite restaurant.

prfctlyximprct

I love exploring the resort first! The resorts alone are so incredibly beautiful.. you can easily miss a lot of the details if you head right to the parks! I usually take the earliest flight out of jersey and get to the resort around 930-10 thanks to our lovely 2 1/2 hr flights. I like to check out the room and walk around the resort, grab a bite to eat and then head off to the park. :)

SagamoreBeach

After dropping off the luggage, I grab a fresh hot cup of coffee and then explore the resort and see whats new or different. Check out the pools and maybe go in for a swim before heading out to the parks. Usually my first park is EPCOT if I get there after noon. I like to be at Animal Kingdom as early as I can. But that depends on how fast I can get moving :rolleyes:. I never tire of Animal Kingdom or EPCOT.

The Mighty Tim

Shower and change, then off to MK. By this point, I am usually running on adrenaline, due to getting up early, a nine hour flight from the UK and the time difference. But I am eager to get started!

Last time, we managed to set a "Plane-to-Pirates" time (that is, the time from plane arrival at the gate at MCO to boarding POTC - our traditional first ride) of about 2.5 hours. Next time, we will try and beat it!

Skibum1970

Check in and go the room. Sit down and unwind for a moment while looking around. Then, hit the food court (we don't eat from the time that we head to the airport until we arrive). Afterward, we will go for a walk (especially at WL, walk to Fort Wilderness) and then return and relax some more. It feels so nice to just unwind for the day without any crowds, lines, or anything.

Weather_Lady

We begin our resort stay . . . naked, aflame and singing!

Just kidding. We typically arrive on property around 11:00am. After check-in, we stroll to our room, take a look around it, unpack (which takes about 5 minutes but seems like forever because I'm excited to get to the Magic Kingdom), freshen up (another 5 minutes) and head off to the Magic Kingdom for lunch. We don't rush, but we don't really relax and spend any quality time lounging around the resort until at least day 2. :)

Last edited:

Tinkerbell397

Ha.....I thought the this thread was about how you start your day at your resort. OK...How do you start your "stay" at your resort. After we arrive and check in, we settle into our room by unpacking and putting our clothes in the drawers and closet as we watch resort television. Then we put our toiletries in the bathroom and on the sink so when we return to the resort in the evening, we can find things more easily to get ready for bed. Once we are all settled in, we grab our tickets and head into the park....usually the MK. :cat:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Tend to arrive right at 6am after driving all night, so check-in, quick freshen up in the closest bathroom (unless by some stroke of luck our room is ready) and then off to whichever park has morning EMH! Actual room check-in is usually followed by a nap.

s&k'smom

We usually go by the pool and have lunch, just chill for a bit because we too take a very early flight. We like to go to Fort Wilderness for supper as my kids love the boat rides over to the campground.

sparky03

If it's a resort I haven't stayed at before, I first spend a little time wandering around exploring and getting acclimated. Otherwise, I'll go to the room and freshen up a bit then head to DTD (now Disney Springs I guess). I like to have a fresh day to start doing the parks.

jimbo mack

Coming from the UK and not being able to sleep on planes I'm always exhausted when I get to the hotel, so we keep it low key and avoid the disney thing. Usually check in 5pmish at the hotel and unpack, quick walk aroud hotel and then walk over to Crossroads for some dinner and then pick up some groceries at Gooding's. Cab back to hotel. Then start disney with a bang the following morning.

I did try DTD on arrival day one year but practically fell asleep in my earl of sandwich.

disney4life2008

I arrive at 1pm Sunday. After DME and arriving at Sports to check in - if the weather is warm enough 65 or higher - I plan to take a quick dip in the pool have and have a late lunch in the food court (nuggets and pizza). Then freshen up and head to HS for Fantasmic!

WDW 3

Usually our room isn't ready so we check in, change clothes, leave our luggage with bell services, pick a park and go there for lunch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom