How do you pay for your trip?

mrtoad

Original Poster
Other than the extremely wealthy who just have extra dough to pay for your trips.

How do you save for your WDW vacation? Do you eat Ramen noodles for 3 meals a day? Do you stay home more rather than go out so you can save more money? How do you do it?

I am currently on a strict diet of PB&J for lunch (it is getting old fast) and working eBay to make some extra cash to pay for our upcoming trip in January.

We usually stay at POR but decided to upgrade on this trip to stay at the Polynesian.

I think next week I might switch it up and swap Fluff for the jelly...

How do you do it?

DivineMadness7

With our "suprise" trip last month before our "previously planned" trip this December, there was doubt for awhile that we could still go this December.

Mom has been putting some things up on Ebay in an effort to raise some extra cash for the trip.

Additionally, my dad has made a deal with my mom. If she quits smoking, we're going in December.

Mom has been struggling all summer and she really wants to quit. However, she feels like she needs that motivation.

And with the money she'd save from not buying cigarettes, there's a little extra money as well!

And for my spring break trip, I am going to the bar much less this semester... :lookaroun and saving my checks from my work study job to afford my trip! My AP is already bought, may as well use it!

Raven66

Well, we make our reservations and then put several hundred down each month. And we have a change jar, that any money found lying around goes in it. That is the money my daughter gets to spend on stuff for herself. It takes us a while to save for a trip, but it's all so worth it!! :sohappy:

LuitaChris

How to save

I have been saving for just about 2 months now to take my best friend and suprise her and TRUST ME it is not easy. I'm doing that diet right along with ya. But if you truley put your mind to it, you can do it. Whenever u get that craving to get mcdonalds, just say NO!! and put that money away. You will be suprised how many extra dollars you will get.

WDWScottieBoy

I love spending my money as soon as I earn it from work being only 18. I work for a real estate company so the pay isn't bad, but I only get 14 hours a week so that doesn't help me much in building my checking account figures. As soon as I have enough in my account, it's right to the airlines and WDW to book my vacation. I use my Disney Visa card (which gives you 6 months no finance) but I pay it off right away so I don't have to worry about it later. I just have to learn that I can't spend my money and anything and everything and save it so I can get another vacation to WDW. Right now I'm saving up for a trip in December for 3 days or so and buying and AP as well. I can't wait and look forward to going...again! :sohappy:

yensidtlaw1969

My parents don't like eBay :( .
Otherwise, I would have a ball with eBay. I'd be rich in about a day if I had an account.
But I don't, so, oh well.

:(
I'm over it now.

Oh, right, on topic.
I don't necessarily pay for my trips (thats the good part of being 13 :D), but if I'm saving for something BIG, I'll set aside about 15 dollars (it may vary depending on th item) and then every time I break a dollar, I add the change to the money. I usually end up having alot. And it only costs about a dollar a week!
Hope this helps!
Yensidtlaw1969

rainfully

You mean I'm supposed to save up before I leave? :hammer:

yeah... I end up spending a bunch of money I don't have...

yensidtlaw1969

Wait, you have to pay? Maybe that's why those security guards run behind us all the time! My mom said that they were trying to get in line for Dumbo before us!
Excuse me while I go re-examine everything I know and love in this world :cry: :lookaroun

djmatthews

For my last trip I cashed in some shares I had, and used eBay money. I think I only actually spent around £100 of "actual" money! :sohappy:

barnum42

I afford it by staying off-site. I search the bargain travel websites in the UK and get my room & flight that way. Last trip cost me £350 for the flight and two weeks in the hotel. I also have an annual pass.

KUNZEWORLD

Ebay is a beautiful thing. I made thousands this year selling junk i came across at work and paid for our entire trip and spending money in cash :wave:

tigsmom

We pay for our trips with a savings plan. My DH has money taken out of each check & deposited in our vacation account at his Credit Union. We never see the money so we don't miss it. The kids roll the spare change, recycle money (we drink way too much soda) and use that for spending money. This year we also had our Disney Reward Dollars to spend. :wave:

Debbie

What I used to do is buy a pass and pay for a night once a month until we went. Then everything is paid for except spending money and food. Now with the discounts announced two or three months in advance; I save what I WOULD BE WILLING to spend on a room.
I also shop the sales, clip coupons, ad-match at Wal-Mart. I'm also not a girl that is high maintenence and that saves alot of money.

Buzzes Dad

My wife has money taken from her check and deposited into the credit union plus any extra money I get ie overtime goes in there as well. In addition I sell items on ebay(ebay is a wonderful thing) plus we have a big yard sale 2 times a year. Also those soda bottles really do add up, I bring ours, my inlaws, my parents, and the neighbors of my parents to the redemption center every 2 weeks(about 15.00 each time give or take 1.00 I am lucky If I contribute 1.00 worth of bottles every 2 weeks, nobody else wants to be bothered with them.)

Also any odd jobs that I do over the summer(landscaping, moving people to their new house,building decks, ect...) that money goes into the Disney fund.

SewIn2Disney

We start a change jar, like others have mentioned. Also, one of us gets up and makes coffee for my dad so he dosen't have to go out and buy it, then he has to put a dollar in the jar (may not sound like a lot but its a little under $400 for a year, which isn't bad) Also, theres the Disney Visa card, but I would also consider getting a card with a better cash back reward. That way you get cash for things you're going to buy anyway. We put my college tuition (eek!) on there, as well as groceries, gas, clothes, etc. You can build up money fast that way!
Good luck!

djmatthews

barnum42 said:
I afford it by staying off-site. I search the bargain travel websites in the UK and get my room & flight that way. Last trip cost me £350 for the flight and two weeks in the hotel. I also have an annual pass.

WOW BARGAIN. What were the details of this please.... just out of interest?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom