How do you hydrate?

pdmedic

Last time we were there I carried a camelback that my wife and son also drank out of. Filled it with ice from the resort ice machine then water so it stayed nice and cool. Probably do the same thing this upcoming trip.

krankenstein

I take a bottle of water into the parks. Once I am done with it, I fill it up at the fountains and add some of the individual packs of Kool-Aid to help with the flavor.

Scooter

Here's how my wife and I stay hydrated.
It's kind of complicated but it works for us.

We have a metal Thermos brand sports bottle. The ice cubes from the resorts fit into it, so we fill it up with ice every morning at our resort. We add a little water but not much.

We made an insulating bag with a draw string out of a Disney wash cloth that we carry it in because the metal sports bottles tend to sweat a little from the ice. We carry it in our back pack.

As the ice melts we have cold water to drink. That usually lasts us until about noon.

At noon we buy a counter service lunch and split a large diet Coke between us. When we are done with lunch and the diet Coke is gone, we pour the remaining ice from the Coke into our Metal Sports bottle. Then the process starts over again and the ice water usually lasts us until the end of the day.

This way we save money by drinking a lot of free ice water, but have a Coke in the middle of the day so we don't get sick of drinking water.

Sounds silly...I know...but it works for us! :)

10East75South

Key factors for us: on dining plan, and we drive to Florida. Allows us to bring 24 packs of bottled water and keep them WELL-CHILLED overnight. Throw a couple of those into bags we take into the park and they stay cold until they are needed. Just make sure they are kept from sources of heat. If anything else is needed to hydrate, snack credits and meals help to sustain.

hemloc

Ladies and gentlemen... I bring you the ultimate in WDW park-going accessories...

ivstand.jpg

lilfritzy

We use a Brita fill n go, it's a sports bottle with it's own filter we just fill it up as we go along and usually grab some ice from the carts when it's very hot out. Saves a ton of money I have a real problem paying 2.50 for a bottle of water it just really bugs me especially when a case is about $6 or $7.

bgraham34

I always have 2 glasses of water before I leave the room and 3-4 when I get home at the end of the day. I try to drink when I can during the day. If its warm I go every few hours or so.

klineski96

My wife and I each have a Camelbak which we bought for Sedona and the Grand Canyon last summer... and oddly enough only use them as bags even on the hottest days, leaving the water "bladders" at home. :shrug:

The night before we go I'll usually put a couple bottles of water in the freezer and they'll melt throughout the day, along with a bottle or 2 of cold water to start the day, that's usually enough. We don't mind paying for a bottle every now and then.

When we stay overnight or for a long weekend, I'll actually bring a small cooler, use the hotels ice machines or fill it up with ice before we leave, and have about 8 bottles of ice cold water for the weekend.

*Edit:
And we go to Club Cool at Epcot for free samples of the different cokes.

sarabi

Take water bottles and fill them up at the fountains. And add some crystal light or wylers to it to mask that Disney Water taste.

antman157

Original Poster
Last time we were there I carried a camelback that my wife and son also drank out of. Filled it with ice from the resort ice machine then water so it stayed nice and cool. Probably do the same thing this upcoming trip.

See, I am looking at getting a camelbak .. But wasnt sure if I wanted to spend the extra cost for one .. It seems more convenient though

antman157

Original Poster
We use a Brita fill n go, it's a sports bottle with it's own filter we just fill it up as we go along and usually grab some ice from the carts when it's very hot out. Saves a ton of money I have a real problem paying 2.50 for a bottle of water it just really bugs me especially when a case is about $6 or $7.

I feel the same way ..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom