How do you get a boys themed breakfast message to Disney?

marinoalulema

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Not to say anything against the Princess or Preschool character meals but it is time for Disney to have a themed meal directed towards boys

Whatever happened to the Toy Story character meals that they were suppose to be doing at MGM?

Any chance of a Prince and male supporting character meal?

As the child fan base grows up, the Princess/Pooh/Playhouse meals are fine for girls going from infant/child/preteen/teen but for boys going from infant/child/preteen/teen the choices stop after the child phase.

Simple marketing 101 guys.

How do we get the message across to someone that matters??

raremerebear

I agree. Something with the Disney Heroes would be awesome for boys. Mine just aren't into Pooh - they need more macho at the ripe ages of 5 & 3 :ROFLOL:

ImaYoyo

I'm going with chef mickey's and ohana. Stitch is a pretty big draw for little guys. However, you mention that the choices stop after the child age... what percentage of pre-teen/teen boys are going to beg their parents to go to a character meal? I'm betting very few. I know when I hit about 11 years old, the characters were no longer cool in front of all my friends, and stayed that way until I was about 17.

LuLaSue

Not having children this is a bit difficult to answer. But, as an adult I think there should be character meals geared for boys or adults that want a little something more. How about a meal with the Pirates...why not dine with Prince Charming or even the Incredibles! I think this would be a fablous idea.

RiversideBunny

It's probably the case that boys aren't as interested in a themed breakfast as they are in just getting into the parks and doing rides.
Girls, on the other hand, want the princess fantasy.

:)

steveNJ

Power rangers breakfast or pirates would be great. All my son (almost 6) is interested in is power rangers (wierd since we never let him watch power rangers) or kim possible (he's got a thing for redeads :lol:).

Only character breakfast he enjoyed last time we went was breakfastsaurus and it wasn't the characters it was the krispy kreme donuts.

tigsmom

Not to say anything against the Princess or Preschool character meals but it is time for Disney to have a themed meal directed towards boys

Whatever happened to the Toy Story character meals that they were suppose to be doing at MGM?

Any chance of a Prince and male supporting character meal?

As the child fan base grows up, the Princess/Pooh/Playhouse meals are fine for girls going from infant/child/preteen/teen but for boys going from infant/child/preteen/teen the choices stop after the child phase.

Simple marketing 101 guys.

How do we get the message across to someone that matters??

By sending the message to guest relations? I would imagine that if enough people request such a thing that the powers that be may consider it. Maybe they just don't realize that the interest is out there?

Years ago we went to a character lunch in MGM that had the characters from the Hunchback which was different. Before that it was Beauty & the Beast. Maybe they could go back to that sort of setup. :shrug:

mickey&me

At 7, my DS is also too grown-up for preschool characters. He'd jump at the chance to eat with Capt. Jack & crew, Buzz & Woody, the Incredibles, even just assorted villains. We haven't scheduled a character meal for Dec. b/c when I asked him who he wanted to eat with and gave him the choices, he said, "I don't know...maybe Tigger.":( I think it was more of an I-should-pick-one thing than an I-really-want-to thing. Not sure what we'll do.:veryconfu

tigsmom

At 7, my DS is also too grown-up for preschool characters. He'd jump at the chance to eat with Capt. Jack & crew, Buzz & Woody, the Incredibles, even just assorted villains. We haven't scheduled a character meal for Dec. b/c when I asked him who he wanted to eat with and gave him the choices, he said, "I don't know...maybe Tigger.":( I think it was more of an I-should-pick-one thing than an I-really-want-to thing. Not sure what we'll do.:veryconfu

Maybe just skip a character meal this time and try something else? Have you been to the Whispering Canyon Cafe for breakfast yet (or any meal really)? If your family isn't the shy, quiet type or you son over sensitive you could give it a try. Some kids that age don't want to be bothered or are shy and then I would say to pass on this.

Not only is the food yummy (<3 the skillets), but its fun and a bit loud. They have pony express races, the servers are quite the characters and you can have a great time. They love the kids (there is coloring, clean plate club) and I even saw a guy taken out onto the patio and "shot" because he didn't finish his food...all in good fun and the kids thought it was hysterical that an adult got in trouble. I've also seen them march a line of kids into the kitchen with their plates to tell the chef why they didn't eat it all. :lol:

Craig & Lisa

I'm going with chef mickey's and ohana. Stitch is a pretty big draw for little guys. However, you mention that the choices stop after the child age... what percentage of pre-teen/teen boys are going to beg their parents to go to a character meal? I'm betting very few. I know when I hit about 11 years old, the characters were no longer cool in front of all my friends, and stayed that way until I was about 17.
That's easy, go to The 50's Prime Time Cafe, and tell them it's somebodies B-day, or ann. and I quote,"Could you make it as embarassing as possible"? and believe me, they will.

ann0d1

I totally agree, I think they really need a boys meal, with Woody, Buzz, Aladdin, etc. My son is 8 and in a few years he won't want to go to them anyway, but Pooh is getting a little too old for him. They are being prejudice against boys, they have the whole castle and princesses!

Craig & Lisa

Even thought it's not owned by Disney anymore, I really don't like going into the Disney Store, it's way to much princess stuff than before they sold it to the childrens place. At least the one in DTD has different rooms for everything.

LuLaSue

Even thought it's not owned by Disney anymore, I really don't like going into the Disney Store, it's way to much princess stuff than before they sold it to the childrens place. At least the one in DTD has different rooms for everything.

We recently took a ride to the Woodbury Commons in Harriman NY and made a special trip to the Disney Outlet to buy Christmas gifts for our 14 nieces and nephews. I found there was a decent offering on boys clothing (thats what I was looking for) and some toys (cars and especially). I also saw alot of Grumpy, the rest of the dwarfs, Mickey and Goofy merchandise.

Like I stated before there should be some special offerings for the boys. It's not fair to them :(. How about a cars breakfast?

amajac167

I have a 10yo son and I have asked him about this, He is excited about going to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. He is a Disney nut like his Dad. To him it is all about the Disney magic. But I dont think he would like it if his hockey teammates found out. :xmas::xmas::xmas:

tigsmom

We recently took a ride to the Woodbury Commons in Harriman NY and made a special trip to the Disney Outlet to buy Christmas gifts for our 14 nieces and nephews. I found there was a decent offering on boys clothing (thats what I was looking for) and some toys (cars and schreik (sp?)especially). I also saw alot of Grumpy, the rest of the dwarfs, Mickey and Goofy merchandise.

Like I stated before there should be some special offerings for the boys. It's not fair to them :(. How about a cars breakfast?

WooHoo!!! :sohappy:

I live just 5 miles from there and love to stop in and see what they have.
I have noticed more and more non Princess things, especially Pirates and Cars.

Eyorefan

I have a 10yo son and I have asked him about this, He is excited about going to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. He is a Disney nut like his Dad. To him it is all about the Disney magic. But I dont think he would like it if his hockey teammates found out. :xmas::xmas::xmas:

Yeah, my DD who is 8 loved the Playhouse Disney meal, but this week while I was looking through the pics she said, "Mom, please don't let any kids see those." It's sad how fast they grow up.

Anyway I have two teenage nephews and neither one of them would be caught dead in a Disney park, let a lone a character meal. It's said, but true that girls of all ages are more willing, and more encouraged by society to embrace fantasy. I think having something directed to boys like a Heros meal or a Piriates meal would be a big step in helping them relax and not have to worry about weather or not they are mocho enough.

drew81

If there was a Toy Story meal it would be rather hard for Buzz to get around to the tables....Just because of his size...he would have to be a greeter. I do wish they would consider the idea of having The Hero breakfast with Peter Pan, Hercules, Jack Sparrow, Aladdin, Shang etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom