How do you get a boys themed breakfast message to Disney?

AEfx

It's not a popular opinion among many Disney fans, but I think they need more character meals, period. Often people lament that they seem to be "everywhere", but try to book one less than 5-6 months out and you'll see that, especially in the parks, they really could use some more of them.

It's understandable why Disney has so many, and will continue to add more (hopefully) - the ones they have are generally booked solid and there are still 100's, or even 1000's, of families turned away as walk-ins every day because they are so booked so far out. Disney could add two more in the MK alone and still they'd likely have unsated demand.

I think a Pirates meal as some are suggesting is an amazing idea and I'm shocked they haven't done it yet. I know quite a few adults (mainly straight males, interestingly enough) that are enamoured with Pirates in general, as well as PotC in particular, that would gladly pay a premium for a Pirate-themed meal. Let's hope the rumors of one going into the El Pirata someday are true.

There isn't a great variety in characters, unless you count the various incarnations of the Fab 5 (Farmer Mickey vs. LTT Mickey, for example). A Pan-themed meal, an Aladdin themed meal (I can see some great fun in that one), I mean, there are so many things they could do besides Princesses and the Fab 5.

It's actually shocking there aren't more already, now that I think about it.

AEfx

Greenlawler

My idea has always been for a Disney Classic Movie Character Meal. This would feature 4 or 5 characters who rotated with in a larger group. It should include plenty of characters for boys like characters from Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Hunchback etc...Charaters from even Atlantis or Traesure Planet. Just make sure at least two are main stream like Peter and Hook. It would give some characters who have been "retired" a chance to appear more often. It would also appeal not only to boys but those looking for different or rare characters.

Unplugged

It's understandable why Disney has so many, and will continue to add more (hopefully) - the ones they have are generally booked solid and there are still 100's, or even 1000's, of families turned away as walk-ins every day because they are so booked so far out. Disney could add two more in the MK alone and still they'd likely have unsated demand.
We scheduled our first character meal for our son (then 2) for our vacation this past September. Let me say, you hit the nail on the head with the requirement for Priority Seating. We've been to WDW enough prior to having our son to know...schedule, schedule, schedule. I knew the character dining was always very booked, but was honestly amazed how many families were turned away and how long non-priority folks were waiting.

For those who think there are too many, you're missing the justification. I know I was prior to taking my son as I thought "how many of these do they really need?". Let me just say that my son thought it was the best thing ever to be able to see "his buddies from Playhouse" while having lunch and NOT having to wait in the heat to meet them. The food was very good, plentiful, and the time the characters spend with each child is priceless. I had a great time between my son's wonderful experience and the meal. It's just plain Magical fun!

When the new character dining at AK (old Tusker House) opens, we'll be there on our next vacation! I like the idea of 1 per park as it helps distribute the load.

I think a Pirates meal as some are suggesting is an amazing idea and I'm shocked they haven't done it yet. I know quite a few adults (mainly straight males, interestingly enough) that are enamored with Pirates in general, as well as PotC in particular, that would gladly pay a premium for a Pirate-themed meal. Let's hope the rumors of one going into the El Pirata someday are true.
Again, you're right. Speaking only for myself I love PotC as it brings back the imaginative playtime we experienced as boys. Pirates aren't "fluffy and cute" and lend to great imaginitive adventures during those awkward years between child and teen. Needless to say even as an adult, there is a something about the whole pirates scene that brings back those fond memories of adventure, free spirit, with no bounds.

Though my son loves Pooh, his new "buddy is Buzz. He already loves the Pirates and yells "Yo Ho, Yo Ho" when his Mickey Pirate pj's are on. I absolutely love the idea of "Dining with the Pirates". Caribbean food, Cap'n Jack, Cap'n Hook, some wenches perhaps, all good fun.

I'll add this comment as well for those with girls only. My wife never understood my complaints about stores and Disney catering to girls. She didn't see the differential I tried to convey. Now our only child, our son, is 2. She is very aware of the issue I speak of (you all have posted) from her own experiences with him and is also frustrated that she has limited options for her "Little Prince". I understand the whole marketing dynamics of shopping and goodies for the girls. However, WDW is not short on little, bigger, and older boys who would enjoy a good meal with some of their favorite characters who aren't fluffy and have a bit of an "edge".

Common WDW Guest Relations, if you read this thread you can see it's worth looking into as it'd be a gold mine.

drew81

My idea has always been for a Disney Classic Movie Character Meal. This would feature 4 or 5 characters who rotated with in a larger group. It should include plenty of characters for boys like characters from Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Hunchback etc...Charaters from even Atlantis or Traesure Planet. Just make sure at least two are main stream like Peter and Hook. It would give some characters who have been "retired" a chance to appear more often. It would also appeal not only to boys but those looking for different or rare characters.

That would be cool.....

ThinkTink721

Not to say anything against the Princess or Preschool character meals but it is time for Disney to have a themed meal directed towards boys

Whatever happened to the Toy Story character meals that they were suppose to be doing at MGM?

Any chance of a Prince and male supporting character meal?

As the child fan base grows up, the Princess/Pooh/Playhouse meals are fine for girls going from infant/child/preteen/teen but for boys going from infant/child/preteen/teen the choices stop after the child phase.

Simple marketing 101 guys.

How do we get the message across to someone that matters??
I wish I knew!...
There always seems to be an abundance of character meals for my DD, but my DS's choices are more limited.
I wish they had a POTC character meal - my DS's would love that! :D :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom