How do you divide your time??

jacksnightmare

Whenever I go for a week I do as much as I can everyday with no idea where I am going next. When we wake up and eat we might end up going to all 4 parks, or maybe 1 and then go play mini-golf. Or 3 and go to DTD. We will make a few resverations so that sort of guides us for the day, but there has been days that I have went to Epcot 3 times. Or AK twice, just to ride 1 ride.

Months before we will make a list of everything that we want to do, or didnt do last time, and make sure that 95% of that gets done. We never do it all so that on the way home we have a definate reason to come back.

We are going right after the new year so that list is going to be made soon. Our plan I doubt works for families with kids, and the fact that my girlfriend is a cast member that doesnt work in Florida, but used to, helps us out a lot.

frankd1962

Katie,

Are you staying on property?

When I lasted went and when I do go, I'll be on property. The way I usually do it is I get to the hotel, buy my mug, passports and anything else I forgot to pack then head over to DD. When I start to go to the parks, I see which one is the Early Morning (or whatever they'll call it by that time) and go there. Around 2-3p, come back and crash in the room for a little while to relax. Then head out to whatever will be the late night park or the fireworks show I want to see that night. By going to the early morning thing, you'll get into the Park early and there are usually some of the big rides openned. So I hit those first and move away from those toward the other side when the gates open to the non property guests.

I would look soon to see what will be open early and closing late to get a general idea of which to do. And you might want to hit one of the breakfasts they have in those early parks. My youngest loved the Crystal Palace in MK. She is a huge Pooh fan and I got a shot of her with Pooh then a Pooh frame for the shot. Pick up the Birnbaum book and then give all that are going a colored highlighter. Let them highlight in the book what rides, attractions, food places and stuff they want to see or do. Use that as a slight plan when you go.

But the break I plan around the room cleaners so I'm not making them avoid my room because I'm there.

Enjoy your trip.

KatieRenee

Original Poster
frankd1962 said:
Katie,

Are you staying on property?

yes my family is staying at the All Star Resorts (prob Sports), I liked it last time!! It will be my senior trip with my family, best friend, and boy friend (neither have been and I love being able to show them the magic!!)

I love being able to stay longer and I don't want a SET itinerary but I want to know where I am going every day and what type of things I'll do that do. I know I'll spend two days at Epcot, one for rides and another for the World Showcase. (knowing me though I'll be soo excited the first day I'll stry to do it all.)
Also I know I'll spend at least 2 days at the Magic Kingdom, I don't remember it having as many things as I am reading about now so I want to check it all out.
We are buying the extra thing for $50 that adds five tickets for: water parks, the 3 story arcade (unsure of name) and pleasure island.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
2 days @ Epcot.

1.5 days @ MK

1 day @ MGM

4 hrs @ AK

1-2 nights @ Downtown disney / Pleasure Island

That is usually how I break it down during my trips. :)

Buzzes Dad

We usually go for 8 days and the breakdown is as follows:

MK 2 full days
Epcot 2 days
DS 1 and 1/2 days
AK 1 day

Final 1/2 day doing our favorite rides again before leaving

bgraham34

For the 5 days I am going I will be at the MK at least 3 of them. That does not mean I will stay the full day there. I do more than 1 park per day though between 2-3 on a daily basis. I like it that way.

sleepybear

KatieRenee said:
I love being able to stay longer and I don't want a SET itinerary but I want to know where I am going every day and what type of things I'll do that do.QUOTE]

Maybe you could schedule around what your friends' interests are. For instance, the Studios is my least favorite park, so I don't schedule much time to be there.

But since you're there for so long, I definitely recommend a day of rest. On a trip a few years ago, we spent a whole day browsing at Downtown Disney, took in a movie, went to DisneyQuest. It was a much-needed break in the middle of the week.

For my five-day trip in two weeks, it's 1 day at each park plus another half day at the Magic Kingdom. I've been there so many times that I know which attractions I didn't enjoy and can therefore skip.

DeborJohn

KatieRenee said:
the 3 story arcade (unsure of name)

That's Disney Quest! It's alot of fun.
My husband and I are "arguing" about whether or not to try to do 2 parks a day (we have park hopper tickets) or plan on a full day for each. I say we "hop" and he says "Hopping" means we have to spend too much time in transit! Any thoughts?

bigorangeandy

We usually are in town for six days and go to a water park on one of the days in the middle of the week. This seems to give us a day that we can hang out in the evening and just relax, a little. When you go to EPCOT, make sure that you do Soarin early in the morning (or fast pass, or both!). We usually hit each park for a day, then have a day left over to go back and do the fun things again (we have been ending at MK on our last night, just seems the way to end the trip). I would suggest that somewhere in the middle of your trip to take a break in the morning, or afternoon and just relax, this will recharge your batteries for the rest of your week.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
A day of rest :eek: :eek: :veryconfu pahhhh wimps!

thats what water parks are for, they dont open till 9. so thats an extra hour in bed. They close early so you can either squeeze in a few hours in the park or "do" the boardwalk, DTD, crazy golf or some other such sundry activety. Have a meal at a resort, or of property :eek:. Almost a rest but still a good use of WDW time. :animwink:

Mystic

Here's how we usually divide up our time

Day 1 (arrival) - MK
Day 2 - AK until closing then EPCOT/DTD/Resort Hopping
Day 3 - MGM til mid afternoon then EPCOT
Day 4 - MK
Day 5 - EPCOT
Day 6 - Backstage tour/Dinner show
Day 7 - MK
Day 8 - Depart home.

wannabeBelle

natalia1681 said:
Welcome!
If I were going for 7 days, I would take 1 day for Animal Kingdom, 1 day for MGM, 2 days for Magic Kingdom, 2 days for Epcot (1 for Future World, 1 for World Showcase), then I would use the last day to go back hit my favorites from all the parks.

Good luck!
Absolutely perfect plan!!! Belle

kellydisney

Hi KatieRenee,

We usually start the vacation and end the vacation with a day at MK. Day 2 at Epcot, Day 3 MGM, Day 4 Animal Kingdom. We spend the majority of the day at the park, up until either the rain or 3pm or so. Then we go back to the pool for a dip, then out to dinner, then back to whatever end show we want to see each night. Usually that allows us to do a few things in that park we decide to watch the end show in before it starts. And this is only in the hot months. We also throw in a water park or two. We love us some water parks.

When it's not hot we just fly by the seat of our pants, but always end in MK.

righttrack

swimmom said:
2 days MK
2 days Epcot
1 day AK
1 day MGM

Essentially this is a good "time spent" listing, with the aforementioned extra day being for the park you enjoy the most. We spend it in half-days though, with the park hopper. Typically, we take advantage of extra magic hours in the AM at Epcot and MK, and evening at MK and MGM when they are offered. We break mid afternoon to go to the resort to swim and relax a bit.

RoninHood

I hope its not spent sitting on benches like that little dude in the vacation planning dvd,lol.
like where did they get these people any way?
the girl looks like linda lovelace and she's always a little too excited for some reason,maybe shes on disney speed.lol
and the surfer dude is soooo annoying ,seems like disney is stereotyping that all kids that age are dumb surfer dudes.shame shame on you disney.
oh i think we know what a fast pass is ,you don't have to talk down to us.
i hope next year dvd is a whole lot better and more intelligent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom