How Do You Countdown the Days??

LoriSue

Original Poster
So, we're making our annual Spring Break trip and I just finished our calendar. I make one every trip to count down the days we have left. I used my Cricut (One of my very favorite toys) to make the letters and numbers and also the Mickey heads to cover the number as the days get smaller. This is one of my favorites, so I wanted to share it. How do you count your days?
Calendar SB 2012 001.jpg

Bowler Hat Girl

We do paper chains once we're under 100 days. Last trip we used the Mickey punch, this time it's the Cinderella castle punch. The first time I did that, I kept it in my office, and everyone at work seemed as excited as I was as it got shorter.

LoriSue

Original Poster
That's a great idea! The big flaw in my calendar is that you can only go 41 days out on the first page and 42 days out on the additional pages. How do you use the punches? To punch the shapes into the links?

Bowler Hat Girl

That's a great idea! The big flaw in my calendar is that you can only go 41 days out on the first page and 42 days out on the additional pages. How do you use the punches? To punch the shapes into the links?

Yup! Each link gets 2 shapes before we assemble them. It's not a short activity, and it really gets us talking about the trip for a few solid hours, so it's a lot of fun.

I like your calendar too. Visual aids make it even more exciting! :)

JIMINYCR

With a calendar in my house next to my comfy chair, a second one in my workplace where I pass by a million times a day, a third one in my car, and a fourth one in my bedroom that I cross off before I go to sleep and dream about the upcoming trip. No matter how many times I cross off a day in the day it's still too many. Maybe I shouldn't torture myself so much!!! To make it worse, every time I meet friends, the first thing out of their mouths is " So how many days now ?"

LoriSue

Original Poster
Yup! Each link gets 2 shapes before we assemble them. It's not a short activity, and it really gets us talking about the trip for a few solid hours, so it's a lot of fun.

I like your calendar too. Visual aids make it even more exciting! :)

The the original poster - GREAT calendar!! Just love it!:wave:

Thank you so much!! They've "evolved" quite a bit since the first one, some times they're tied in with our resort (Brother Bear for a Wilderness Lodge visit or Lion King for Animal Kingdom Lodge visit) and sometimes not but it's so fun!

EvilQueen-T

my sisters and i go on an all grown up girls trip once a year and for our countdown we send each other trivia questions, top five lists like asking what are your five favorite xxx, guess what the other person will order at a dining venue... that sort of thing. it breaks up the days at work with a little disney magic and keeps everybody excited about the trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom