How Do The Characters Manage In This Heat?

Mecha Figment

Because honestly, ice does nothing for our furry friends. It melts, and ends up just being extra weight to lug around. Plus, 20 minutes isn't as long as it seems.

i believe another part of the reason, ( we were discussing this today) is that the ice packs can thin your arteries and cool the blood and around your chest area but in turn causes the limbs to expand and get warmer. thus eventualy causing a heart attack or stroke.

haveyoumetmark

What about the characters performing in the parades. Doesn't the parade take longer than 20 minutues to travel through the park. Like in DDCT and even MJJP they have choreography. So I imagine it's much worse to be out for >20 minutes and hopping around.

rcapolete

I remeber last time we were there my kids were wainting on line for Woodyand he had to go feed Bulleye (my kids loe the reason)
Buzz had to go recharge his laser
can't remember some of the other excuses they use

IROC it

Mater had to go drain his radiator... err.. um... just kidding. But that would be funny.

Chip and Dale had to check on their nuts...

Buzz needs to go cool his jets....

Remy and Emille are leaving because no one calls them anything but the film's title...

Horace needs a break from being called a horse's (donkey)...

Let the fiction ensue! :lol:

Atta83

key word here hydrate hydrate hydrate, something most park guest dont do.

that and a nice cool brreeze......

Laura

Premium Member
I don't know how anyone works in the heat. My husband's in the Marine Corps and just spent 3 days in the field (out in the woods training with no relief from the heat for 3 straight days) and he has to wear long pants, long socks with boots, 2 shirts, and a hat while running himself ragged, and this week we've had a heat index around 120 every day. I honestly don't know how he doesn't die. I can barely make it to the mailbox without soaking myself in sweat.

I also can't imagine how he did it in Iraq in hotter weather than this having to wear a 30 pound bulletproof vest, helment, all his gear and weapons, while trying not to get killed.

I'm kind of getting off topic, but my main point is I just don't know how people can work in the heat. It's nice that the characters at Disney only have to do it a few minutes at a time.

mouselvrmom

I don't know how anyone works in the heat. My husband's in the Marine Corps and just spent 3 days in the field (out in the woods training with no relief from the heat for 3 straight days) and he has to wear long pants, long socks with boots, 2 shirts, and a hat while running himself ragged, and this week we've had a heat index around 120 every day. I honestly don't know how he doesn't die. I can barely make it to the mailbox without soaking myself in sweat.

I also can't imagine how he did it in Iraq in hotter weather than this having to wear a 30 pound bulletproof vest, helment, all his gear and weapons, while trying not to get killed.

I'm kind of getting off topic, but my main point is I just don't know how people can work in the heat. It's nice that the characters at Disney only have to do it a few minutes at a time.

Hats off to your husband for all her does for us! :wave:

I don't know how anyone works in this heat either! My husband is in construction and has to wear long shirts and pants and he comes home so sweaty!

I would imagine being a character really helps with weight control! Maybe I should try it to lose a few! :lol:

drew81

We deal with it. That's how we manage. On behalf of other characters as well, when you come to visit a character, please don't say or ask any of the following:
"WOW you must be SO HOT in there!"
"Are you hot under there?"
"Do you have air conditioning or fans in those suits?"
"Try to stay cool! Hahaha"
"Geez, you must be sweating in there. Is it really that hot?"

That really annoys me especially when someone says that in front of a bunch of kids.

disnyfan89

What about the characters performing in the parades. Doesn't the parade take longer than 20 minutues to travel through the park. Like in DDCT and even MJJP they have choreography. So I imagine it's much worse to be out for >20 minutes and hopping around.

Depending on the parade and your role I have heard that it can be up to 30min in costume before the parade starts and then you have to perform in the parade which can last from 15-45min.

PhotoDave219

Heh. Three years ago when i was a CM.... i had to help out a guest in need due to heat exhaustion..... about 95 degrees and very humid out. It was 2ish, and they only had "a coke" to drink and had beeen at the park since about 10.

Reedy Creek showed up and basically gave the guest a lot of crap for not taking care of herself, saying that she should have had about 1 bottle an hour for every hour she'd been in the heat. Then they gave her a bottle of powerade diluted with water and arranged for her to be taken back to her resort.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Depending on the parade and your role I have heard that it can be up to 30min in costume before the parade starts and then you have to perform in the parade which can last from 15-45min.

Correct... although the time in costume in a parade is never 15 mins... usually 25-60 and up

In that case, how do they survive in parades? Do they just "suck it up?"

Yes

Yes! It is the longest parade currently.

Yes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom