How do I convince him!?!

Salanne41

Original Poster
I adore going to theme parks and disney blew me away when I went in 2000 and 2002... it was Incredible but now I need to convince my other half that he would love to go to WDW with me sometime.. !!

This boy has never been on a rollercoaster and says he hates the idea of being out of control so there for he has never bothered going to a theme park.. :brick: I am convinced thou that if he just tried it he would love it!!.. any ideas on how I can talk him round?!

stranger

If he dislikes roller coasters so much, promise him not to force him to ride, but let him know there are other things besides roller coasters in WDW. Bring up other things to see besides rides like shows, restaurants, the resorts, etc… You can always play it up to be a romantic getaway for the two of you. ;)

Erika

Disney is a great place to go for someone who doesn't like rollercoasters! Does he realize what else is there? Aside from showing him the rest of what Disney has to offer, I can't think of any ideas. What are his interests? Does he like golf? Animals? or maybe there is a special event you can schedule around (food & wine fest, etc).

dandaman

Since when has Disney been solely about thrill rides? :rolleyes:

"Theme parks" are one-of-a-kind. Disney, of course, tops all categories. Just because there's thrills, doesn't mean they're scary thrills. Take Soarin', for example. Nearly 90%, it seemed, reports that they've felt no motion sickness, if even minimal.

Disney isn't "committed" to thrill rides. They're committed to the experience of the thrill. :wave:

Salanne41

Original Poster
Thanks for advice! it will be a few years before we can afford to go anyhow so I have a while to talk him round! I have convinced him to go to our biggest theme park (Alton Towers) when it opens again in the April.. its not a patch on disney but it might go someways to convincing him!

Its nice to be able to chat to people who get the same buzz as I do from Disney! will never forget my first time throu the gates!! :sohappy:

Salanne41

Original Poster
dandaman said:
Since when has Disney been solely about thrill rides? :rolleyes:

I am aware that disney isnt soley about trill rides, in fact I would say it completely the opposite ! - unfortunatley as the boyf has never been to a theme park that is what he thinks!

Ducky_Love

I'm a "Certified Roller Coaster Chicken".. and I moved to Orlando so I could go to Disney all the time! Silly, tell him to join this board and read! :)

Uponastar

Sometimes I think that "Disney World" and "theme park" shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

Disney is an experience. It is the total package. A package that you're never quite through opening. There is something in it for everyone. You don't have to like thrill rides. You don't even have to go on any ride of any kind if that's your choice, and you could still have a wonderful time at WDW.

barnum42

If he was talking about six flags, he'd have a point. But this is Disney. Take him for a tour of the attractions via the Disney World website to see just what is there.

Nemo14

Uponastar said:

Disney is an experience. It is the total package. A package that you're never quite through opening. QUOTE]
I like that analogy. Quite fitting! We always do something we've never done before.

Slipknot

Does he like Video Games? If so, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is basically the same thing. Get a blaster, aim for the targets, get a score. You can make a game out of it between the two of you. For example: Whoever gets the lower score, buys the winner a souvineer(SP?) or an ice cream or something like that. And yes, you do spin, but you control it. :wave:

Salanne41

Original Poster
think I will have to show him all your replys.. how can he resist after reading this!?! thanks everyone! :animwink:

barnum42

Salanne41 said:
think I will have to show him all your replys.. how can he resist after reading this!?! thanks everyone! :animwink:
Just twigged you are not that far from me - Disney is NOTHING like UK theme parks. If your bloke thinks it's like Alton Towers he has nothing to fear :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom