How do cast members / Disney security make sure everyone is out of the parks?

raven

Its very interesting -- I've driven work golf carts all over Future World and WS promenade at Epcot at 3 am. The park is a whole different place flying by at 10mph with no one in sight. :cool:

Golf carts? We don't have those at Epcot. Only pargos. :animwink: And I too have driven them everywhere at Epcot at night.

shakes20

I remember one time being in Epcot and getting a chance to see Illuminations from a private area in front of the Italy pavilion (a cast member at TT had been rude to us and a manager set it up as an apology). The only other group there was a cast member and their family. It was increbile to see the show iwth an unobstructed view and benches to sit on! Anyway, we got to talking with the family and before we knew it, we were the last ones in the park. It was neat to slowly walk around the lake and out almost alone. I was very impressed that no one tried to shoe us out (or use cattle prods on us, or sick dogs after us...:animwink:).
On that note, can I just mention how fanatical we must be to think that working a third shift would be fu? :shrug: :lookaroun :rolleyes:

TomHendricks

We had some wedding pictures taken in front of the castle at 5am. It was really weird, we drove right up to the castle. The photographer got out and set up and we stood in front of the castle, without a soul around.
051974-0703.jpg

girlface

thats another reason why they have the finger print thing and stuff,they count the capacity,but mostly people do nightshift cleaning up the park etc,so there would be no way(Or a point) to staying.

hpyhnt 1000

We had some wedding pictures taken in front of the castle at 5am. It was really weird, we drove right up to the castle. The photographer got out and set up and we stood in front of the castle, without a soul around.
051974-0703.jpg

Wow, now that is pretty amazing! Great way to remember a wedding. :)

kcw

I figured that after 26 posts, there would be more than one or two helpful answers!:lol:
ok have you ever seen them do the sweeps before a hard-ticket event to get all non-party goers out? A bunch of CMs in a triangle start at a specific point in the park (say the back of Tomorrowland) and move forward sweeping everybody out. If there are any guests staying behind (waiting for someone in a restroom, straggling behind in a store, just plain being stubborn, or whatever else) one or two CMs will break off and go stand by the guests while the rest of the triangle plows forward.

That being said, while I've stayed the night in the park quite a few times, I've never actually been a part of a sweep of the park at night. I did however pick up a Parade Audience Control shift for fun, and it ended up being on a MNSSHP night. We had to clear out the park of non-party guests (using the triangle sweepy thing) and someone told me that that's similar to how they do it every night... maybe not exactly though.

Like someone mentioned, the park doesn't sleep- so if someone wanted to hide in the park, they'd have to find a small space, cross their fingers, and literally not move all night. They wouldn't be able to run around and explore the park or anything. Not fun.

I know of a CM that slept in the park...where characters change...take breaks?? He was also one of the dancers in the late parades.He said he got off late & had to be in real early....where he lived he said it would be faster just to stay.Never did ask him or his Dad how that turned out!
Jim

raven

I know of a CM that slept in the park...where characters change...take breaks?? He was also one of the dancers in the late parades.He said he got off late & had to be in real early....where he lived he said it would be faster just to stay.Never did ask him or his Dad how that turned out!
Jim

I know of a lot of 3rd Shift CMs that sleep in break rooms all night when they are not supposed to.

dclick4968

I've slept in the park many times. Worked entertainment. Late night show/parade rehearsal (usually in park) followed by an early morning breakfast shift. We'd sleep in the castle (where the suite is now...used to be just a dressing room). This usually happened around Christmas/New Years and Easter (when there used to be an Easter parade). We also slept in a trailer (a portable building) back stage somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was!

crhensel

ok have you ever seen them do the sweeps before a hard-ticket event to get all non-party goers out? A bunch of CMs in a triangle start at a specific point in the park (say the back of Tomorrowland) and move forward sweeping everybody out. If there are any guests staying behind (waiting for someone in a restroom, straggling behind in a store, just plain being stubborn, or whatever else) one or two CMs will break off and go stand by the guests while the rest of the triangle plows forward.

Aside from forming a triangle, this is exactly how we work the sweep at the end of the night in the ballpark (I work gameday security at Citizen's Bank Park in Philly). It can be time-consuming, especially on Sundays when there are lots of families with little little ones who always have to hit the bathrooms before heading home, but ti is also very effective. We'll each sweep out respective levels that way (there are 3) and then work to the main concourse by which time we have one gate open and any very late stragglers have to exit there. Once the 2 groups sweeping in opposite directions meet at that gate we're done and the full time secutiry takes over!

That said, I can't imagine how time consuming it would be to sweep one of the WDW parks!

kcw

Jim

I know a lot of first shift CMs who sleep in break rooms all day when they are not supposed to.

It's not at all uncommon for entertainment CMs to do it- like another poster mentioned, sometimes you only have a few hours between an overnight rehearsal and then your normal shift the next day. It's not like it's not allowed- I had managers actually tell me to....:shrug:

Duckberg

After PARK Dump

Can't speak for MK but I work 3rd shifts at Epcot and the parks are well let. We have over 500 people in the park working on any given night, and that's only Disney Employees. Every building, prop, attraction, show, shop and restaurant are cleaned each night as well as all pavement in power washed. No place goes unseen.

There are also tons of contractors in the park each night that paint, clean carpets, work on pavement, sewage, plimbing, etc. Security also walk the park all night constantly checking every door, corner and dark spots (often with dogs) so I can almost certainly say...no, you can't hide.

And anyone trying should know that if they are found, be warned that Disney will prosecute to the fullest of the law. They don't mess around with stuff like that.

Good reply Duckberg :rolleyes:

dsnyfreak

I would second that statement.

As for clearing the parks, each attraction, land, gift shop, and bathroom is checked sweeping from the back of the park to the front. Usually, security doesn't get involved until the chearing gets to the front of the park. It is mostly managers and coordinators who clear the individual lands/sections, then the main entrance team takes over with security to close off the front entrance of the park.
do they check up in the trees? someone could hide out in the top of any one of the trees Im talking about BIG trees.:lookaroun:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom