• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

How could Galaxy's Edge go wrong?

Joeamc

So with all the hype and anticipation surrounding Galaxy's Edge, it's become a given that the new lands will be a massive success, draw massive crowds for years and be the most immersive lands Disney has ever built.

All of that seems likely.....but what if assumptions are wrong?

Therefore, I'd like to discuss ways Galaxy's Edge could fall short of expectations or fail, just for the sake of speculation.

A few off the top of my head:
-What if all the hype scares away visitors?
-What if the massive crowds do come and Disney doesn't provide them a satisfactory experience? (Like not being able to get into the land at all)
-What if creating a new location -- rather than recreating a familiar Star Wars locale -- ends up being a negative for guests?
-What if the attractions aren't the huge leaps in tech or experience they're hyped as?

Please speculate wildly!
If you are a fan of Star Wars, you are excited about galaxies edge, PERIOD... All Star Wars fans are excited and cannot wait for the time where they can experience the sights, sounds, characters etc that they have grown to love. With galaxies edge being such a massive land, I don't think it will disappoint. With that being said, I can see some people staying away in the beginning afraid of the crowds. But once these people see its "possible" to get in, they will go. And most likely, it will have lines out the door right from the get go. Just my Take..

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Advertisement
If you are a fan of Star Wars, you are excited about galaxies edge, PERIOD... All Star Wars fans are excited and cannot wait for the time where they can experience the sights, sounds, characters etc that they have grown to love. With galaxies edge being such a massive land, I don't think it will disappoint. With that being said, I can see some people staying away in the beginning afraid of the crowds. But once these people see its "possible" to get in, they will go. And most likely, it will have lines out the door right from the get go. Just my Take..
I do think that one ride has to be a home run like FoP. If it's Fast and the Furious and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train then it will have Toy Story like crowds but not 7 hour waits.

FettFan

That's not a ride park. That's a water park which is usually not considered a gate. If it were then we wouldn't keep talking about a "5th gate".
You some kind of theme park racist, boy? We don't tolerate that none 'round these parts.

'Cept'n maybe with the Six Flags. *spits tabacky*

justintheharris

I think Galaxy's Edge could ruin the DL experience. I don't know that Disney cares though as long as the crowds are there.
It's not farfetched to say Galaxy's Edge was DESIGNED TO ruin the Disneyland experience and turn the park from a locals' park to another cash cow like Walt Disney World.

The Pho

That's not a ride park. That's a water park which is usually not considered a gate. If it were then we wouldn't keep talking about a "5th gate".
It may not be considered as a full gate but it certainly is a snow themed area in WDW, which you said there were none of.

tl77

The setting of Galaxy's Edge, a place called Black Spire was mentioned in the new Han Solo movie, and will probably be making appearances in future films and that TV show they are trying to produce, and it will most likely be popping up in video games and other media as well... like with Pandora they're build movie themed lands for movies that haven't been made yet

righttrack

To me, this is about appearances. It should not look nor be "cheap". It needs to live up to all of WDW and all of SW (at least the good parts). If it's evident they took the cheap way out, for anything, it's going to get roasted, by all the WDW and SW fanboys, self included.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
The setting of Galaxy's Edge, a place called Black Spire was mentioned in the new Han Solo movie, and will probably be making appearances in future films and that TV show they are trying to produce, and it will most likely be popping up in video games and other media as well... like with Pandora they're build movie themed lands for movies that haven't been made yet
It's been showing up a number of places...

1547655790256.png

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Spire_Outpost

Top Bottom