• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

How could Galaxy's Edge go wrong?

Kamikaze

Advertisement
Hard for me to move past the crowd levels being a big negative for people wanting to take their time to explore the land. Not sure how to avoid that though.
The lands will be crowd-limited at their entrance. Meaning that only a certain number of guests will be able to enter at once (same as when a park hits capacity). You will be able to stay inside the land as long as you want once you get in. They will be crowded, but they shouldn't be shoulder-to-shoulder overcrowded.

Sirwalterraleigh

What could go wrong:
Disappointment/disillusionment

The hype will be far bigger than the payoff.
There are just 2 ***TWO*** attractions to service millions who hold an interest.

The land was built way, way too small with 2 screen based attractions.......terrible planning. It should have been 3 times the size built with 6 to 7 attractions: think half of a park instead of just one single land.
I think it will not meet expectations due to the fact that characters from the original trilogy will not be represented. To me the land is already sub par without Vader,, Han, classic stormtroopers etc. The OT easily has the most fans as a whole. Disney could have built a land that creatively contained multiple time periods.
Rarely is there nothing to add. These qualify

HiJe

One thing that will annoy me about the land in general will be all the people that think they are witty and will wear Star Trek uniforms and ask about Captain Kirk and Klingons. I'm guessing you will run into an average of 4-7 people dressed like this per day in the first few months. Yes, they both have "Star" in the name. Very clever. Now back to Ohio with you (Some offense to Ohio intended).

lee.moles.disney

Galaxy's Edge is going to be timeless. Every new Saga trilogy which gets released over the years can easily be updated and implemented to reflect the rides and characters in the land.

networkpro

One thing that will annoy me about the land in general will be all the people that think they are witty and will wear Star Trek uniforms and ask about Captain Kirk and Klingons. I'm guessing you will run into an average of 4-7 people dressed like this per day in the first few months. Yes, they both have "Star" in the name. Very clever. Now back to Ohio with you (Some offense to Ohio intended).
Then troll them back as Star Trek 4 was cancelled due to Star Wars stealing it's market.

monothingie

Mean Girl Man since 2005
Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Then troll them back as Star Trek 4 was cancelled due to Star Wars stealing it's market.
That is not the case...beyond under and performed as with all Star Trek films...they don’t work with saturation. That’s why they have found it incredibly difficult stringing hits together and that isn’t tolerated by modern Hollywood.

Star Trek belongs on tv...which cbs is wisely going back to in the knew streaming world. Maybe they can get JJ to do a reboot?

...wait...this just in...

You know - back on course - you know what sci-fantasy franchise has a clear “arrow down” at the box office trend going?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My best friend is a self-professed SW geek....he thinks many of the "not living in reality" fans are going to be disappointed/angry because it's not based on a land that currently exists.

The rest of the SW fandom will be thrilled.
I don't think it being a new land will be much of a problem for fans since we are used to Star Wars constantly going to new locations. Other then the inside of the Falcon and the Cantina, both of which are getting in some form, Star Wars doesn't have that many truly iconic locations.

Animaniac93-98

The typical problems with new Disney attractions are demand exceeding capacity (aka long lines) and ride break downs. The question is if these issues are seen as worse by guests who plan their whole visit to WDW around Galaxy's Edge, and find it difficult to even get in.

I could imagine infrequent or first time visitors going to DHS Guest Relations and saying "we paid x to see Star Wars and got sent to the Muppet 3-D movie instead!".

I said before I felt badly for DHS CMs when all the construction was going on, but I don't think GE opening will make their jobs any easier.

FettFan

Sorry, but you are WAY off base on this one. Do you have any idea how popular a meet and greet with Rian would be? There are thousands upon thousands of fans that would wait hours for the chance to tell off Rian in person. And then they would get back in line to say, and another thing!.... :cautious:
They'd literally need to have Warwick Davis and Anthony Daniels sitting on either side of him to help keep the purists' anger in check.

Because honestly, how can anyone be mad when Mr. Davis is present?

Plus we'd get Daniels doing his C-3PO-isms. "Oh Dear. I do believe they think you're some type of devil."
"You seem to be made to suffer. It's your lot in life."
"The odds of successfully navigating away from this angry crowd are three-thousand-seven-hundred-and-twenty to one!"

FettFan

I don't think it being a new land will be much of a problem for fans since we are used to Star Wars constantly going to new locations. Other then the inside of the Falcon and the Cantina, both of which are getting in some form, Star Wars doesn't have that many truly iconic locations.
I've always believed that the Star Tours queue should have been Hoth. Enclose it all like the Wampa cave, have a few of the Matterhorn "ice wall" effects with the creature stalking the guests, then you turn a corner and exit to be under the feet of the AT-AT and a crushed snowspeeder with Dack's dead body inside.
That would have been cool.

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

I've always believed that the Star Tours queue should have been Hoth. Enclose it all like the Wampa cave, have a few of the Matterhorn "ice wall" effects with the creature stalking the guests, then you turn a corner and exit to be under the feet of the AT-AT and a crushed snowspeeder with Dack's dead body inside.
that would have been awesome. There really isn't a snow area anywhere in WDW.

erasure fan1

Until the Wampa breaks down and has to be put in "dico mode".

Sorry, someone had to say it. :p

Last edited:

pax_65

Reminds me of the scene in "The Big Bang Theory" where Will Wheaton attends a Star Wars film:

1547475273883.png

Top Bottom