How bad is the ToT drop?

Tom

Beta Return
Every "elevator" is identical. Each gets one of four drop programs, chosen at random, as it enters the drop shaft.

Please don't tell me how ToT works. I kind of know. With respect. Thanks.

Yeah, but you don't know half as much as the guy who drew this!

towerofterror2.jpg

Pooh'sBuddy

For years I looked at ToT and thought no way. I rode a ride called the demon drop which goes straight up and then drops u straight down. Not very fun at the time. In 2012 I finally got up the courage to ride ToT. I giggled the whole time! I regret all those years I was scared to ride it. I like it so much I am willing to ride it by myself because no one else in my family will ride with me.

Same here! When we drop, I let out a little scream, and when we stop, I can't help but giggle.
It's interesting how most people are giggling or laughing at the end of the drop. It's just a fun ride!

It's our eight year old's favorite ride. It's totally fun!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Trying to correct Martin. Akin to Sisyphus and the boulder. No shock though....

From Wikipedia:
In Greek mythologySisyphus (/ˈsɪsɪfəs/;[1]Greek: Σίσυφος, Sísyphos) was a king of Ephyra (now known as Corinth) punished for chronic deceitfulness by being compelled to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this action forever.

As a punishment for his trickery, King Sisyphus was made to endlessly roll a huge boulder up a steep hill.[8] The maddening nature of the punishment was reserved for King Sisyphus due to his hubristic belief that his cleverness surpassed that of Zeus himself. Zeus accordingly displayed his own cleverness by enchanting the boulder into rolling away from King Sisyphus before he reached the top which ended up consigning Sisyphus to an eternity of useless efforts and unending frustration. Thus it came to pass that pointless or interminable activities are sometimes described as Sisyphean. King Sisyphus was a common subject for ancient writers and was depicted by the painter Polygnotus on the walls of the Lesche at Delphi.[9]

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
No elevator is identical. From wikipedia:

Drop sequence

On the last word of Serling's narration, the elevator starts its drop sequence. Rather than a simple gravity-powered drop, however, the elevator is pulled downwards, causing most riders to rise off their seats, held down only by a seat belt. At least once during the drop sequence, wide elevator doors in front of the riders open to reveal a view of the park from a height of about 170 feet (52 m). The back of the "Hollywood Tower Hotel" sign partially obstructs the view (it is on the back of this sign that the on-ride camera is located, which photographs the riders for purchase later).

Randomized pattern of drops and lifts have been added, where the ride vehicle will drop or rise various distances at different intervals. Other effects were also added, including new projection images of the breaking window, wind effects, lightning flashes, and ominous bluelit figures of the five ghostly original riders. These changes were made so that each trip on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is a slightly different experience. The ride was reprogrammed most recently in its fourth conversion. The result of the reprogramming is that the ride system allows for any number of randomized drops and lifts. When guests enter the drop shaft, a computer randomly chooses one of four drop profiles, one of which is a modified version of the ride's third incarnation. Regardless of the number of randomized drops and lifts, each drop sequence always features one "faux drop" meant to startle the riders, and one complete drop through the entire tower.

Wikipedia: Getting it sort of right, since...when?

DonnaBell

My DH doesn't really like ToT. He rides because I like it. He likes to sit at the end of the aisle so that he can hold onto the bar along the wall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom