How awesome are these?

rsoxguy

Very cool. I put together a similar roller coaster set with my daughter when she was young. It takes a long time and a lot of careful work, but they are fun in the end. The Space Mountain looks particularly nice.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They are about a 9 on the awesome scale. The prices that I have seen them go for outside the parks are a little insane but I am hopeful that the prices in the parks is a little more reasonable.

devoy1701

the only thing i find "cool" about those are the little K'nex figures that are decked out in Disney merchandise. Other than that, i put these on the scale of the Monorail Playset accessories...I can't stand that they don't make those things more realistic. The Dumbo set isn't bad....but the only thing that resembles Space Mountain with this set is the lift style and the somewhat round enclosure over the track. :shrug:

The WDW blog updated with prices on these:

K’NEX Space Mountain retails for $229.95 & K’NEX Dumbo the Flying Elephant retails for $69.95.

That's the price they will charge you at Downtown Disney.

ABigBrassBand

I remember the 90's, and the countless hours of trying to build a working Space Mountain set with my K'Nex, LEGOs, and those tracks with the wind-up cars. Now that its a reality, I might buy it to fulfill my childhood dream :p

the-reason14

It looks pretty cool, well the space mt one, but I dont think I could actually get it lol. I already have a few disney world inspired toys laying around in boxes somewhere collecting dust, and even though space mt is my absolute favorite ride, I can see this toy suffering the same fate. Plus, knex takes a lot of time and patience to build and I think I lost that patience years ago.

I'm really really hoping they have these setup and running when I'm there in August. That way I can enjoy them, get some video, and not have to spend hours building them. :ROFLOL:

harveyt0206

This definitely ranks somewhere in the "totally awesome" range, but the reality is more along the lines of "there is simply no way that I can justify $200+ on an item like this at this point in time. Too bad for me.....:(

EpcotServo

But Space Mountain doesn't have an accurate track layout or vehicle design. And dumbo doesn't tilt like that...
\(=_= )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom