How are the crowds this summer?

Kristamouse

Original Poster
A family friend went in June and was giving us the scoop on their trip. They couldn't believe how light the crowds were. I was curious if any of you CM's or anyone in the "know" had any numbers or even observations on this summer's travel to WDW. Are the gas prices really affecting family trips or is WDW exempt? We called off our trip to WDW in Sept, with bounce back Free Dining at the POP (I hated making that phone call) because of a new baby due 08/08/08. But because of new baby we now have a bigger car/van so the gas prices would be a factor in our travel plans. We might have had to cut down a day or two to keep costs the same as 07. Anyway if anyone has any insight that would be great I was just curious.

RiversideBunny

There's a big difference in early June and late August versus the rest of the summer.

During those two periods the crowds can be relatively lighter.

:)

jedeye18

Seems about like LY to me

We went last week for 8 days from 6/20 to 6/28. Seemed about as crowded, although the one thing i did notice was not as many of the tour groups from brazil, etc. There were a few but nothing like the previous couple years (we go in the middle of june each year, to mark our wedding anniversary). ques were within reason (20 to 30 mins for most rides, except of course Soarin', Test Track, and the Toy Story Midway Mania at HollyWood (holy cow, 200 minute ques!)
ON an unrelated note, was anyone else as disappointed with the SSE refurb? The new AA figures were awesome, but once you get past the big earth and start to go back down, it was horrible; they dropped all the cool futuristic stuff including the light beams as you are descending (always a cool thing) and the stupid cartoon thing on our screen didnt even work. Took SSE from a mutliple ride each trip to a once a year. :cry:

yankspy

We went last week for 8 days from 6/20 to 6/28. Seemed about as crowded, although the one thing i did notice was not as many of the tour groups from brazil, etc. There were a few but nothing like the previous couple years (we go in the middle of june each year, to mark our wedding anniversary). ques were within reason (20 to 30 mins for most rides, except of course Soarin', Test Track, and the Toy Story Midway Mania at HollyWood (holy cow, 200 minute ques!)
ON an unrelated note, was anyone else as disappointed with the SSE refurb? The new AA figures were awesome, but once you get past the big earth and start to go back down, it was horrible; they dropped all the cool futuristic stuff including the light beams as you are descending (always a cool thing) and the stupid cartoon thing on our screen didnt even work. Took SSE from a mutliple ride each trip to a once a year. :cry:
Is that you Merf?:D

Disneykidder

We are journeying to WDW the very last week in August. It may be light for the locals because all kids are in school. But all the hotels are booked. I am curious to see how it goes then. Maybe the heat will let up, too...yeah right.

disneyfan123

have just got back from a two week holiday to WDW. Crowds were actually lighter than I expected - 30 - 40 minutes for most rides expect as already mentioned - Mission Space (60 mins), Soarin' (120 mins) RNRC (90 mins) and Splash Mountain (160 mins on the 3rd July).

Hope this helps xx

Disneybird

I talked to my brother yesterday while he was at DHS. It was around 8:30 pm. He said they had pretty much walked onto everything so far.

cndrellagrl

A family friend went in June and was giving us the scoop on their trip. They couldn't believe how light the crowds were. I was curious if any of you CM's or anyone in the "know" had any numbers or even observations on this summer's travel to WDW. Are the gas prices really affecting family trips or is WDW exempt? We called off our trip to WDW in Sept, with bounce back Free Dining at the POP (I hated making that phone call) because of a new baby due 08/08/08. But because of new baby we now have a bigger car/van so the gas prices would be a factor in our travel plans. We might have had to cut down a day or two to keep costs the same as 07. Anyway if anyone has any insight that would be great I was just curious.

Congrats on the new baby coming! That's also my birthday (big 21) - its a great day!

I was very disappointed in the SSE refurb also. Could barely hear Judi Dench narrate and miss the original terribly. I knew it need a refurb but this really was a letdown. The cartoon was ridiculous and cheapened the ride--why anyone would put that in a ride like SSE is beyond me.:confused: But I love anything EPCOT so I'll take it anyway!!

Getting back to topic, from past trips we've noticed a huge difference from June to July. June is lighter but July is usually big crowds. Don't know the specifics for this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom