How are Crystal Palace and Akershus booked?!?

AndyMc

Original Poster
We're going to Disney World the first week in December. In trips past, I have always been able to find a reservation for these two places (Crystal Palace and Akershus) while on the trip (for a next day reservation).

It's still 2 months out, and I really thought I'd have no problem getting reservations for these places. Is something going on that I don't know about? Is there much hope of reservations opening up?

Thanks,
Andy

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
All Disney restaurants can bee booked at 180 days out by anyone. Right now the resorts are booked solid for early December. It would stand to reason that the restaurants would be as equally packed. All you can do is keep trying and hope something opens up. It is really anyones guess as to if it will or won't.

wizards8507

What size is your party? If you're 2 people, try looking booking a reservation for 3, and if you're 4 people, try booking for 5. Sometimes you get lucky and they'd never turn you away because your party size isn't exactly what you had booked.

Mukta

We're going to Disney World the first week in December. In trips past, I have always been able to find a reservation for these two places (Crystal Palace and Akershus) while on the trip (for a next day reservation).

It's still 2 months out, and I really thought I'd have no problem getting reservations for these places. Is something going on that I don't know about? Is there much hope of reservations opening up?

Thanks,
Andy

I'm not sure when your past trips were, but a few things have changed in the last couple of years. ADRs changed back to 180 days instead of 90. Free dining has also been offered in December for the past couple of years. These two changes have made ADRs hard to get less than 100 days before a trip.

AndyMc

Original Poster
All booked the first couple weeks of December?!? Uh-oh... that's not good for crowd factor. If that's the case, it seems touringplans.com needs to update the Crowd Calendar a bit.

There are 4 of us. I'll try the 5 party size idea. Thanks.

We have gone twice in the last 2 years, one time during free dining in August. Both times was <24 hour notice to get a reservation.

slappy magoo

All booked the first couple weeks of December?!? Uh-oh... that's not good for crowd factor. If that's the case, it seems touringplans.com needs to update the Crowd Calendar a bit.

Those two restaurants being booked doesn't necessarily mean the place is going to be packed. They're two of the more popular eateries, they're both in the MK, and the Castle is very tiny. What it more than likely means is that people are more savvy to the fact that they can't rely on getting reservations day-of or day-before anymore.

LisaG23

Wow.....resorts and restaurants book in early Dec.....NOT GOOD......we have ressies for Dec 10-16th for daughters 4th bday/first trip.......we made our ADRs 180 days out. the only thing i can think of is that dec had FREE DINING!!!!!! that could definately contribute to the crowds this year.....just a guess though!!!!!!!

HouCuseChickie

I also think you need to blame some of the planning books. Mine stated that CP often books up exactly at 180 days out. I saw available spots for CP a couple of months after our 180 day mark- but the book scared me enough to book right at 180 days.

As for Akershus- I think a lot of people book it if they're unable to get CRT- and that's what all the books recommend to do. It wasn't until a couple weeks ago that I noticed all of the Akershus slots gone for our Dec trip (we'd already booked it- but I like keeping on eye on these things to anticipate crowds).

Considering Akershus requires 2 day cancellation notice- you will almost definitely see openings 2 days out. Either way- I'd try a few times a day each day to see if you luck out and get an opening at both places. You may get lucky- I messed up our ressie's for CP and after 2 months of trying, I got a pre-park opening spot last week.

Good Luck!:wave:

HouCuseChickie

BTW- I don't know the dates for which you were trying to get ressies, but I was looking at openings on Dec 8th since I might switch out our current plans and I saw a 5:45 spot for a party of 4 at CP. Not sure if this works for your dates- but it's at the very least hope that things will open up. :wave: I also cxld my 6:05pm at CP for our party of 4 for that nt as well.

mike10

Strange I was able to booked Crystal Palace in less than 3 weeks away from my trip. The only ones I couldn't get was the ones I knew were long shots even the two places I thought no chance I got which were Les Chefs de France and Tutto Italia.

Just makes me make another note to not go to WDW in December.

AndyMc

Original Poster
I also cxld my 6:05pm at CP for our party of 4 for that nt as well.

I picked up a 6:05 of Crystal Palace! Maybe I took your cancellation. Thanks a bunch. The date I was looking for just happened to be December 8th - what are the chances.

There's still hope, and apparently it does help to keep checking ;)

One down - one to go.

HouCuseChickie

I picked up a 6:05 of Crystal Palace! Maybe I took your cancellation. Thanks a bunch. The date I was looking for just happened to be December 8th - what are the chances.

There's still hope, and apparently it does help to keep checking ;)

One down - one to go.

That's awesome! Glad to hear you got the CP ressie! Hopefully, something at Akershus will open up as well! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom