How and where to get discount codes?

docandsix

The family and I have visited WDW many times and usually lodge on DVC points. Occasionally, however, we're spontaneous and book reservations the "old-fashioned way." In the past, we've used Annual Passholders discounts, but we're not currently passholders.

So I'm wondering: Where do people get all these discount codes so often mentioned on these boards? I mean the ones that include free dining, etc.

Any guidance on this would be most welcome.

DisneyJoe

I assume you are speaking about those codes that individuals receive via email or post card, not the general public offers.

Disney usually offers the individual PIN codes to those who don't visit WDW on a regular basis as an incentive to book trips.

If they have you on file as visiting many times, what incentive do they have to give you PIN codes?

That being said, most agree that if you visit disneyworld.com, disney.com, disneycruise.com, etc, sign up to receive their emails and special offers, and order a WDW planning dvd, and even begin booking a trip or put on in your "saved trips" list, your odds may increase on receiving a PIN code.

But that's just one theory.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Disney Joe - I go once a year and get PIN codes at least 2x a year so maybe it's just a random system thing?:shrug: You would THINK it's to entice people to book that normally don't...I could be an exception to the rule :) Or maybe they think I don't go often enough per year LOL

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Disney Joe - I go once a year and get PIN codes at least 2x a year so maybe it's just a random system thing?:shrug: You would THINK it's to entice people to book that normally don't...I could be an exception to the rule :) Or maybe they think I don't go often enough per year LOL

Could also depend on how far ahead you book.

There is definitely a random factor built in too, or some level of marketing secret that we haven't been able to figure out yet.

I've had clients book and THEN receive 3 separate PIN code emails.... go figure.

Upvote 0
In March 2011, I finally registered on DisneyWorld.com - not too long after that I got a PIN by email for 40% off any Deluxe resort up thru the end of September so I booked a vacation :)

This past January I saved a quote for the month of November at both WL and AKL. I didn't book either and 2-3 weeks later I got a 30% PIN by mail for either resort for the month of November only...so I booked again :sohappy:

My 2011 trip was the first time I ever booked a trip in my name. Any time we've visited in the past we've always stayed at Shades of Green under my dad's name. So far me registering has worked in my favor every year (even though it's only been a measly two years)

Upvote 0

Rob562

Best way to keep an eye on non-PIN-code special offers is to watch MouseSavers.com

Right now there are General Public percentage-off codes for the summer, and the Free Dining offer for dates in August/September.

-Rob

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Also you can watch these boards as well as our Kingdom Konsultant Travel facebook page. If any offers come out for the general public we do post them on both. Have a great day! Marie

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

As a clarification, AAA members definitely do get a discount on the resorts but it is not usually as high as 20% and it does vary by resort type. The tickets are slightly discounted, definitely not 20% though, and I have never seen any of Disney's Dining plans be discounted in cost due to AAA membership. Also the bonus of the AAA discounts is that the discounts are released for the entire year all at one time. The downside to that is that if Disney comes out with a discount offer for that same time frame, historically Disney's offers have been better. I hope this information is helpful!! Marie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom