Housekeeping Tips

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Who here tips the housekeepers?

If you do, what do you leave?

We do. We used to tip at the beginning but now we do it a bit different. We write a note thanking them and say that we will leave it at the end. We noticed that when we left it at the beginning - they already got what they wanted to and didn't do as much. When we left no note, we noticed 1/2 way through our trip, that they stopped doing stuff - like towels, etc. But we have noticed that when we leave the note, they really go above and beyond, and then we compensate them accordingly.

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

We don't take housekeeping every day, but we leave about $5 on the days that we do. I've found, however, that even when we put our tips on the table in an envelope clearly labeled "Housekeeping" (or "Mousekeeping"), the staff sometimes leaves the tip behind. Where is the most conspicuous place in the room to leave a tip?

Upvote 0

Mystic

We don't take housekeeping every day, but we leave about $5 on the days that we do. I've found, however, that even when we put our tips on the table in an envelope clearly labeled "Housekeeping" (or "Mousekeeping"), the staff sometimes leaves the tip behind. Where is the most conspicuous place in the room to leave a tip?

We always leave the tip with the Mousekeepers name card in the same place that they left it.

Upvote 0

PurpleDragon

On past trips we did not have the budget to always tip housekeeping. However no matter where we stay, my family always makes a point of keeping things neat and tidy so as to make less work for the housekeeping staff in our room. We recycle towels, we put all our stuff away in drawers/bags, we toss all our trash in the trashbin, etc... On many trips we just leave the DND sign on the door every other day to keep them from having to clean our room daily. We also make a point of personally thanking them for cleaning when we do see them.

However on our most recent trips we have tipped mousekeeping ($2-$5 a day) and always gotten a bit of extra attention paid to our room. I think if you can do it, you should, cause they work hard to make your trip magical so a little extra thank you goes a long way. :)

Upvote 0

Yensid40

Original Poster
It sounds like $5 is the going rate... Except for Braq who suggests that I straighten my work place at the end of everyday. :wave:

Guess I should have said Mousekeeping haha.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We tip an average of $5 per day. However, if we are there for special events...Christmas Eve, Christmas Day we tip more on those days. Generally Christmas Day we give them $25...I don't work on Christmas Day and I appreciate the fact that they show up for work on a day when most people want to be with family.

Upvote 0

spin0908

We are going in June- and we usually tip at the end of the stay. This year, i have premade envelopes for each day with my cricut machine. They are SUPER cute! (I'll try and post pictures) Each envelope is made out of colored card stock and has a disney character on the front, and the words MOUSEKEEPING on the front of the envelope. We will be staying for 10 nights, i sure hope our mousekeeper enjoys the envelopes as much as I enjoyed making them! I have 2 more to make yet- I spent about 2 hours on each envelope....maybe i overdid it :lol:. They are soo cute though!

Upvote 0

Scooter

We tip $5 a day.
I heard that if you leave any less than that, they wash your glasses and the ice bucket in the toilet.

I'm just kidding of course but but if I'm paying 9 dollars for a hamburger in the parks, the housekeeper should get at LEAST five dollars for scrubbing out my toilet. I mean...look what we do inside that thing. I know I wouldn't stick my hands in YOUR toilet for less than 5 dollars.:lol:

Upvote 0

stefan74

When my family and I stayed in two separate rooms at the AS Sports, we left a $5 tip in the room and the other half of our party left nothing. When we got back to the room that day, we had a towel animal and the other party did not. The next day, we both left $5 tips in our room and each of us got towel animals. We were so excited!!

When we stayed at GF the first time, there was only three of us, and we tipped $5 each day we stayed there, no towel animals or anything special.

When we stayed at GF the second time, there was four of us, and we tipped $5 each day. On one of the days, we came back to a hand towl penguin that my mom still has...she loved it.

Bottom line, I think a tip is needed. I have worked in the hospitality industry and the housekeepers, in my opinion, are the hardest working staff in a hotel. I always leave a tip no matter where I stay. Of course, as you can see from the three stories above, sometimes you get something special with the tip. I also left a little note each day to say "Thank You" or "Have a Magical Day"

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom