House of the Future - Week 11

Outbound

For the coaster, I've opted for a combination of story and thrills. The magic carpets fly overhead famous cities of the Mediterranean Sea, with miniature propped cities (similar to the beginning of Peter Pan's flight) underneath the carpets at all times. Great care must be taken to ensure this portion of the ride is both thrilling (around the same speed as Big Thunder Mountain) but also provides enough air time/top of the hill moments so you can take a look around. There will also be interactions with the various famous buildings, such as a helix around the Pyramids of Egypt and the Coliseum in Rome.

The starting and ending segments of the ride, on the other hand, are outdoors, where the coaster hits top speeds (representing departing and returning to the White City). Here is a map:

Mediterranen Flight Attraction.png

Here is the route -- starting from Zerzura in the Libyan Desert, and headed counter-clockwise from Egypt to Carthage.

Mediterranen Journey2.png

AceAstro

For the coaster, I've opted for a combination of story and thrills. The magic carpets fly overhead famous cities of the Mediterranean Sea, with miniature propped cities (similar to the beginning of Peter Pan's flight) underneath the carpets at all times. Great care must be taken to ensure this portion of the ride is both thrilling (around the same speed as Big Thunder Mountain) but also provides enough air time/top of the hill moments so you can take a look around. There will also be interactions with the various famous buildings, such as a helix around the Pyramids of Egypt and the Coliseum in Rome.

The starting and ending segments of the ride, on the other hand, are outdoors, where the coaster hits top speeds (representing departing and returning to the White City). Here is a map:

View attachment 516550

Here is the route -- starting from Zerzura in the Libyan Desert, and headed counter-clockwise from Egypt to Carthage.

View attachment 516555
I love this coaster design. Question for you though: is it a launch or lift hill? There doesn’t seem to be a long enough straightaway for either for it to pick up speed

Outbound

I love this coaster design. Question for you though: is it a launch or lift hill? There doesn’t seem to be a long enough straightaway for either for it to pick up speed
So I couldn't represent height with the map, but the station is actually fairly elevated, so the ride starts with a slight drop to give it enough speed to pass through the first room. Then after helixing around Egypt, the ride has its lift hill between Egypt and Mecca. It has a second lift hill during Modern Arabia, providing enough speed for the outdoor segment.

AceAstro

So I couldn't represent height with the map, but the station is actually fairly elevated, so the ride starts with a slight drop to give it enough speed to pass through the first room. Then after helixing around Egypt, the ride has its lift hill between Egypt and Mecca. It has a second lift hill during Modern Arabia, providing enough speed for the outdoor segment.
Oh, perfect! I love that style!

AceAstro

Basic land description:

1606851417735.png

Guests follow the path around the lake (silver) to come across a tighter squeeze place. Up against the lake, there is a small oasis between the path and the lake (the dark green). There is a small shop and QS there (the purple). Across from this oasis is a sandy area complete with two large obsidian "gurads" a small windy path leads between them. Upon going down the path, guests walk under a large sand dune to be transported into a large oval area. In the centre, guests can find dinging and shopping areas, to their left is the C-ticket catacomb ride (the olive), to the right, the camel peoplemover (maroon. loading platform and track highlighted with yellow underneath representing the dune). At the far back, the magic carpet coaster (teal).

The entire land is encased by this large sand dune to keep the outside out, and the city on the inside in.

It is a pretty rough draft but should be enough for the map! Let me know if you need more!

Outbound

Basic land description:

View attachment 516566

Guests follow the path around the lake (silver) to come across a tighter squeeze place. Up against the lake, there is a small oasis between the path and the lake (the dark green). There is a small shop and QS there (the purple). Across from this oasis is a sandy area complete with two large obsidian "gurads" a small windy path leads between them. Upon going down the path, guests walk under a large sand dune to be transported into a large oval area. In the centre, guests can find dinging and shopping areas, to their left is the C-ticket catacomb ride (the olive), to the right, the camel peoplemover (maroon. loading platform and track highlighted with yellow underneath representing the dune). At the far back, the magic carpet coaster (teal).

The entire land is encased by this large sand dune to keep the outside out, and the city on the inside in.

It is a pretty rough draft but should be enough for the map! Let me know if you need more!
@AceAstro 's how's this?

Copy of Mediterranen Flight Attraction (4).png

It's not as linear as your map shows, but I was worried having one of our five lands be locked into one entry and exit would cause huge traffic problems.

The "empty desert space" could be home to shrubbery, walking trails, camel people-mover track, and possibly even more animal exhibits (ex: Crocodiles near the swamp?)

Last edited:

AceAstro

@AceAstro 's how's this?

View attachment 516638

It's not as linear as your map shows, but I was worried having one of our five lands be locked into one entry and exit would cause huge traffic problems.

The "empty desert space" could be home to shrubbery, walking trails, camel people-mover track, and possibly even more animal exhibits (ex: Crocodiles near the swamp?)
I love it! I would just add a path for the camel track so it is clear, otherwise, it looks great!

PerGron

@AceAstro 's how's this?

View attachment 516638

Nile Crocodiles would fit nicely and be thematic as they were pretty prominent in most mythologies of Northern Africa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom