House of the Future - Week 11

DashHaber

So, any ideas? Here's my list of potential lands from last time, though slightly edited now that we've used Shambhala as our inspiration for the previous land.

• El Dorado
  • Atlantis
  • Avalon
  • Lemuria
  • Buyan

AceAstro

So, we have an arctic research base a Himalayan sherpa village. I think next either an underwater (atlantis), mount Olympus, El Dorado, or potentially Dinosaurs could all work for the next land!

PerGron

I think El Dorado would be a great next step, but I also would like to throw a new one in there. In researching for my show, Zerzura is an African mythological location set in the middle of the Sahara desert. I think that the desert would be a unique biome to play with, since we have three extremes already, the arctic with The Passage, Mountains with the last round, and Island with Adventure Atoll

AceAstro

I think El Dorado would be a great next step, but I also would like to throw a new one in there. In researching for my show, Zerzura is an African mythological location set in the middle of the Sahara desert. I think that the desert would be a unique biome to play with, since we have three extremes already, the arctic with The Passage, Mountains with the last round, and Island with Adventure Atoll
Oooooh a desert could be a lot of fun!

I think that extreme with the desert or the El Dorado could both be fun here (we could play off the idea the land is hidden away and guests have to walk through deep trees before the land opens up)

spacemt354

Chili's
Remember when I liked Goofy watching me?

Yeah, me neither.
sub-buzz-592-1587592017-1.jpg

DashHaber

Interesting. I hadn't heard about Zerzura before, but that desert biome would be a lot of fun to play with.

If we consider a more directly water-based one, Buyan might be interesting. It's a city on an island, said to sink and rise with the tides magically. It's also home to a number of characters tied to Slavic folklore, such as the Zoryas (who serve the sun god Dazhbog) and the hiding place for Koschei the Deathless's spirit.

AceAstro

Question for @TheOriginalTiki and the rest of them. How many total lands are we expected to do?

With a large lake in the middle, I think it is important we have a water-based land to tie into it somewhere. While we don't have to plan out the rest of the park right now, we should keep in mind if it is only two lands left, either this one or the next one should be water-based.

PerGron

Interesting. I hadn't heard about Zerzura before, but that desert biome would be a lot of fun to play with.

If we consider a more directly water-based one, Buyan might be interesting. It's a city on an island, said to sink and rise with the tides magically. It's also home to a number of characters tied to Slavic folklore, such as the Zoryas (who serve the sun god Dazhbog) and the hiding place for Koschei the Deathless's spirit.
I like this option too. I’d avoid Atlantis because we used it for Adventure Atoll and I want to tie that land into this park through some sort of transportation (and I tied it in throw my show), but this is a really great concept too.

Also, El Dorado would be a great choice, but I think a jungle directly next to the Mountainside is a bit redundant with the Forest morphing into the jungle.

However, if we have three lands left, I think these should be our picks in whatever order we do them
- Zerzura (Desert)
- Buyan (Ocean)
- El Doeado (Jungle)

this would give some great biome extremes

AceAstro

However, if we have three lands left, I think these should be our picks in whatever order we do them
- Zerzura
- Buyan
- El Doeado
I agree with these exactly. I would vote Zerzura here for the contrast with then El Dorado next for a nice jungle. Putting Buyan last of the three allows it to transition back into The Passage

DashHaber

I like this option too. I’d avoid Atlantis because we used it for Adventure Atoll and I want to tie that land into this park through some sort of transportation (and I tied it in throw my show), but this is a really great concept too.

Also, El Dorado would be a great choice, but I think a jungle directly next to the Mountainside is a bit redundant with the Forest morphing into the jungle.

- Zerzura
- Buyan
- El Doeado
I agree with those three as our remaining lands. A hidden city in the Sahara Desert, an aquatic city-island from Slavic folklore, and the legendary "city of gold" from South America would offer a great variety of lands. Plus, most of these are also lands that aren't as well-known in popular culture, so it's like giving our guests something new.

Also, put me down for Zerzura for our next land as well.

AceAstro

With only 4 of us, there’s a lot of work we need to do to keep it be a full land.

I think we should discuss the “aesthetic” of the land more. Do we want it to be a full desert? A land split in half (front half desert, back half oasis)? A full oasis? Something else?

Reading the Wikipedia page, I think there’s a ton of great options to go on for both the land and everything in it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom