Hotel...

AintNoOtherMan

So I want to go to Disney World this summer. IF we go, we'll be driving. But we need an affordable hotel that's not trashy (no pop-century or allstar), so basically a moderate resort. Which is the cheapest, but still nice, moderate resort? Thanks! :)

Rob562

All of the Moderates have the same room rates for comparable room categories, so price doesn't really vary. Though some have higher-priced special theme rooms, like the Pirate rooms at Caribbean Beach, or the new Royal rooms at Riverside.

-Rob

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

I don't think any of Disney's resorts are trashy. Pop is one if the better resorts on property if you're wanting just a nice, clean room thats easy on your wallet. Unless you've had a bad experience there, which can happen at ANY of the resorts, I wouldn't consider any of them trashy.

Upvote 0

goofysgurl

If I were you I would look at the PO French Quarter. The rooms are close so your not walking all over the resort to get to the pool or food court and they all have queen size beds. I love POFQ. I have stayed at the value resorts but they did not appeal to me. Some love them...some don't.

Upvote 0

wendysue

So I want to go to Disney World this summer. IF we go, we'll be driving. But we need an affordable hotel that's not trashy (no pop-century or allstar), so basically a moderate resort. Which is the cheapest, but still nice, moderate resort? Thanks! :)

Pop is better than the moderates. Larger food court and their own bus service.

Upvote 0

R W B

So if Pop and All Star is trashy what makes you think a moderate which is only 1 step above would be that much better? I mean 1 step above "trashy" is what, "bad"? You should try and stay at the Grand Floridian I would suggest.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Values are not trashy, just "less nice" - of all the Values I would say Pop first, then All Star Sports.

For Moderates I would go with Port Orleans, either Riverside or French Quarter.

If I have to stay in a Moderate that is where I go (when I run out of DVC points)

If you are looking to go on the cheap side though, you may want to look off property and weigh the pros and cons. You will have your car with you after all.

-dave

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

Kallik, I have recently acquired a room at the Coronado Springs Resort (5 days) for a total of $100 more than the rate for the All Stars on the same dates. This was a Florida resident deal, but still. Try calling to get the best "rates of the day" by asking the CM on the phone to take a good look on his computer. Best wishes.

Upvote 0

piglet66

Pop and the All-Star resorts aren't trashy, we stay there when we have a quick trip planned and only plan on "sleeping" at the room Moderates are great for us when we go for longer periods of time and want to relax a little more. We have always enjoyed staying at Carribbean Beach, we like the theme of it.

Upvote 0

AintNoOtherMan

Original Poster
By 'trashy', I meant crowded and not too cheap. I realize that they're all nicer than any off property resort. Trashy means the motel ranking of Disney!

Upvote 0

rob0519

By 'trashy', I meant crowded and not too cheap. I realize that they're all nicer than any off property resort. Trashy means the motel ranking of Disney!

Trashy and Disney, even the value resorts, do not belong in the same sentence. The Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Contemporary all get crowded. They cost several hundred dollars a night, which is not too cheap. By your definition that makes them trashy as well.

That being said, our favorite moderate resort is the French Quarter.

Upvote 0

AintNoOtherMan

Original Poster
Trashy and Disney, even the value resorts, do not belong in the same sentence. The Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Contemporary all get crowded. They cost several hundred dollars a night, which is not too cheap. By your definition that makes them trashy as well.

That being said, our favorite moderate resort is the French Quarter.

They are not trashy. Anywhere in Disney gets crowded, some more than others. The one time I've tried a value resort, and it was too crowded for my likings.

And thanks :) I've heard good things about it.

Upvote 0

britdaw

Well I definitely think using 'trashy' to describe anything in Disney World was a bad choice, I'm not going to flame you or blow a gasket. I'd simply call the reservations hotline and ask about latest specials and deals to see which moderate resort you can get a room at for the best rate. The only moderate resort I've heard bad things about in my research was the Carribean Beach resort...

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

If "crowded" = "trashy", then unfortunately, you are going to experience disappointment anywhere you go at the #1 tourist destination in the world. Crowded is everywhere there. Guests should be prepared to deal with crowds, and adjust their expectations accordingly. A good time can be had despite crowds. In my experience, WDW is not the place to find solitude, but good luck.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

If "crowded" = "trashy", then unfortunately, you are going to experience disappointment anywhere you go at the #1 tourist destination in the world. Crowded is everywhere there. Guests should be prepared to deal with crowds, and adjust their expectations accordingly. A good time can be had despite crowds. In my experience, WDW is not the place to find solitude, but good luck.

Do you take your "mid afternoon breaks?" We always do, and find that the time from 11ish to 5 or 6 is the most peaceful and relaxing part of the vacation.

In our Caribbean Beach days we laid out at the Aruba beach or quiet pool and rented bikes and boats.

Yacht Club we spend the afternoons at their quiet pool or on the beach, lounging, relaxing, enjoying the beautiful sights and ACTUAL peace and quiet. Theme parks at night and first thing in the morning.

You can find solitude at your Resort, but probably never in a theme park.

Upvote 0
My favorite moderate choice is always French Quarter but the others are nice too....since they are all the same price, basically, it's just a matter of personal choice on theming. I do know when discounts are released, lately French Quarter may only get a 25 percent discount when the other mods get a 30 percent so it seems like French Quarter is more expensive at times. Sometimes Coronado Springs also gets less of a discount.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom