hotel beds

BroodyGirl23

a friend and i are going to disney :sohappy: and are booking our hotel room this week.

we are staying at the Pop Century resort, and would rather have two twin beds instead of the one king sized. is there a way to request this? on the website, i didn't notice an option to request.

anyone know how to go about doing this? thanks for the help!

Rob562

Not 100% sure what you're asking, but most of the rooms in Pop Century come with two double beds. You'd have to pay more to get a room with a King bed, and they're rather limited in quantity (they only make up something like 10-15% of the rooms). So unless that's what you booked, you'll be getting two beds.

-Rob

Upvote 0

BroodyGirl23

Original Poster
okay thank you. on the website it just says rooms come in either two twins or a king sized, so its good to know that most often are the two.

thanks for your response.

Upvote 0

Bug715

Most of the time you will get two double beds. But if you get to your room and have a queen you can call down to the front desk and request your room be changed. This summer this happened to me and they didn't have an open room with two doubles but they offered to bring up a ______ but we ended up not needing it. I had a friend who lives down there spend the night a few nights and there was plenty of room for the three of us.

Upvote 0

Thessair

SUCK!! Unless you stay in a Deluxe. Just my two cent vent for the day.

Having stayed at every level of resort, I can say that I absolutely do not agree with this statement. In fact, the only bed that stands out in my mind as being really uncomfortable was one at AKL.

But I guess everyone has different standards.

Upvote 0

DISMOM

Basic bed sizes are twin, full, queen and king. Bunk beds are twin sized. A twin bed and a full sized bed [also know as a double] are different sizes.

That said, the beds at the Wilderness Lodge are the worse ever. French Quarter beds were a little more comfortable. The best beds are Hampton Inn beds. They give you six pillows for a queen sized bed.!!!! and usually for $109 a nite. !!! Why can't Disney do that?

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

SUCK!! Unless you stay in a Deluxe. Just my two cent vent for the day.
Hey, it looks like the baby is doing fine and and your more excited to bring her, glad everythings well with the little one and you. Hadn't heard when you had the little joy so I never had a chance to say congrats! And as for the rooms the majority of them are 2 queen size, most of the rooms with a king, or at least the one we had at ASM was a handicapped room, we didn't even ask for it, but it worked out because a queen doesn't have enough room for me anyway, 6'6" and about 220lbs, with my DW there's not much room for me at all.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

You'd have to pay more to get a room with a King bed, and they're rather limited in quantity (they only make up something like 10-15% of the rooms).

You do not pay more for a room with a king bed at a Value Resort. The Moderate Resorts charge you more for a king sized bed, but not the Values.

Upvote 0

Rob562

You do not pay more for a room with a king bed at a Value Resort. The Moderate Resorts charge you more for a king sized bed, but not the Values.

You're absolutely right. I'd gotten so used to seeing it as a more-expensive option at the Moderates that I forgot that it's different at the Values.

-Rob

Upvote 0

disneydiva72

Having stayed at every level of resort, I can say that I absolutely do not agree with this statement. In fact, the only bed that stands out in my mind as being really uncomfortable was one at AKL.

But I guess everyone has different standards.

I AGREE! I'm hoping that with the newly redone Villas they threw a pillow top on the beds....I hardly slept while I stayed there last time, the beds were terrible. Now Poly on the other hand, the beds were great!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom