Horrible...

soin2disney

Hi,
Can't believe all the specials on Mousesavers.com and NOT ONE is for the month of April. I know it is peak season, and Easter, BUT Disney should offer something....Every other month has a special. That is not fair to those who can only go at certain times....Come on Disney...Give us something in April :cry:

soin2disney

Original Poster
Could really go both ways......Prices are really high in April, people may choose another time to go because that cant afford it. I usually book a deluxe, but at 5-6 hundred dollars a night....who can afford that??? They should offer something to the people wanting to go in April...

Upvote 0

Dwarful

April 2011 is going to be ridiculously busy. Thats why there are no discounts.

Besides Easter is there something special???
We were there the week up to and including Easter Sunday for this year and were able to get a discount for that trip. The discount didn't come until much later...but it was still offered.

Right now there are no discounts for our possible trip dates. If no discounts become available we won't be going to WDW in 2011.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Besides Easter is there something special???
We were there the week up to and including Easter Sunday for this year and were able to get a discount for that trip. The discount didn't come until much later...but it was still offered.

Right now there are no discounts for our possible trip dates. If no discounts become available we won't be going to WDW in 2011.

Lots of schools have their spring breaks that month.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Ok. I thought maybe I was missing something. We did get a decent discount this year but it was an AP discount not a GP rate. With Easter being so late this year many of the schools in our area have the spring break in March. It varies each year, but 2011 its March for most of the districts.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Could really go both ways......Prices are really high in April, people may choose another time to go because that cant afford it. I usually book a deluxe, but at 5-6 hundred dollars a night....who can afford that??? They should offer something to the people wanting to go in April...

I hear ya. My cousin wanted to go with his family in April just because that's when the timing would work for them with his upcoming schedule (he's military). I couldn't believe the moderate rates that came out when the 2011 stuff released. That's insane. I wouldn't pay that for a moderate. Heck, I don't think I'd pay that for a deluxe. The most I ever paid for a room at WDW was December 2007 at the Contemporary in a MK view room because no discounts were available for that room and our dates weren't flexible. I paid $444/night for 9 nights. Don't despair, tho. Hopefully when it gets close they'll at least do a little something for y'all. I just can't imagine how overwhelming it is staring down rates like that in the interim. Good luck! :wave:

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I was also really hoping for free dining in April when I heard aboout the discounts coming out. We could have gone spring break. Now I don't know what to do. I have a daughter who cheers and she can't miss a game, and this is messing us up big time! Right now I am looking at going in May/early June, but I have to check with the coach first. They normally practice every single day that week getting ready for camp. :mad: I am so torn!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The discounts are used in order to get people to the property at times when bookings would ordinarilly be low. Everyone would love a discount, but Disney has no reason to offer one during one of their busiest times of year. Whether there is a discount or not, people will be going for spring break and paying whatever the prices are. Disney knows this and sees no reason to offer a promotion.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Supply and Demand.
Offering discounts during a month in which they're not needed would be plain foolish. Kinda like the opening post.

I think the opening post was more someone venting than anything. A discussion forum is a good place to find people to commiserate. The rest of the world would simply say, "So what? Go somewhere else." It's just not that easy for Disney nuts. Her post was not at all foolish.

Upvote 0

EaglesfanNJ

Supply and Demand.
Offering discounts during a month in which they're not needed would be plain foolish. Kinda like the opening post.

That seems slightly harsh. The opening post was a fellow Disney fanatic venting about the lack of deals during the only time of the year that he/she can go. Look, we all know why Disney does not and will not offer them, but he/she is not "foolish"

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Supply and Demand.

Um, yeah. Not very nice. OP has been posting about how excited she was to book her April 2011 trip, and now she sees that all kinds of discounts are being offered for 2011 EXCEPT for when she is able to go. I'd be pretty upset, too.

Hang in there, sointodisney. Hopefully more discounts will come out. Or, they may lift the blackout dates as Easter gets closer, as they did last year. I hope it works out for you!

Upvote 0

soin2disney

Original Poster
Thanks everyone...

I wasn't trying to be FOOLISH, just sad because all the specials came out and none for April. I am a HUGE Disney fan, and will go no matter what. I have been going every year since 2000. Just was hoping for a little DISNEY MAGIC....... :)

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I wasn't trying to be FOOLISH, just sad because all the specials came out and none for April. I am a HUGE Disney fan, and will go no matter what. I have been going every year since 2000. Just was hoping for a little DISNEY MAGIC....... :)

Hang in there, girl! Just because there's nothing right now doesn't mean nothing will come available. It'll likely be closer to your travel dates if something gets released. Chin up! We're here for ya! :wave:

Upvote 0

Kamikaze

No, its not 'could go either way'. Its going to ridiculously busy from the 10th to the end of the month. The first week may see some sort of discount, but thats all.

I wasn't trying to be FOOLISH, just sad because all the specials came out and none for April. I am a HUGE Disney fan, and will go no matter what. I have been going every year since 2000. Just was hoping for a little DISNEY MAGIC.......
__________________:wave:

See, thats the thing. Your recent travel dates are all busy periods. There are tens of thousands of people that do the exact same thing that you do. Go at the busy times, no matter what. And thats why there are no discounts.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I hear ya on this one! We will be going during our Spring Break up here (middle of March) NO MATTER WHAT! But I have to say I was pretty disappointed when I got on the computer a few minutes ago to check out these BIG DISCOUNTS being offered for next year, only to find that we fall in that small window of nothing being offered so far. :brick: A room gift card or small discount would have been nice!!! Here's hoping they will offer us Spring Breakers something down the road here. :p

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I'm only seeing discounts up til the beginning of February... wouldn't March and April start coming out in a couple months?

Or am I just missing something here?

Ah, I was looking at the room only discount, not free dining. Sorry.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's called supply and demand. If the demand is high enough then people will pay a premium for it with no discounts needed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom