Horrible...

soin2disney

Hi,
Can't believe all the specials on Mousesavers.com and NOT ONE is for the month of April. I know it is peak season, and Easter, BUT Disney should offer something....Every other month has a special. That is not fair to those who can only go at certain times....Come on Disney...Give us something in April :cry:

mls

I'm right there with you!

I wasn't trying to be FOOLISH, just sad because all the specials came out and none for April. I am a HUGE Disney fan, and will go no matter what. I have been going every year since 2000. Just was hoping for a little DISNEY MAGIC....... :)

I was thinking and posted somewhere else the same thing. I'm a teacher, so I can only go during peak times it seems. I thought I'd be safe this year the first week in April with Easter so late, but no. Let's both hope they add something last minute :wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

No, its not 'could go either way'. Its going to ridiculously busy from the 10th to the end of the month. The first week may see some sort of discount, but thats all.

See, thats the thing. Your recent travel dates are all busy periods. There are tens of thousands of people that do the exact same thing that you do. Go at the busy times, no matter what. And thats why there are no discounts.

Well I don't know how busy it will be in all of April of 2011. But I do know that we went Easter week of this year and had a discount offered about 60 days prior to our trip. So we jumped at it. I wouldn't give up, just keep an eye on the boards and if something becomes available go for it.
Then we had another discount for our July trip...so we jumped at that one too...40% off at YC for July 17-24 made for a nice second trip. That trip we were also able to get Le Cellier booked in under 45 days prior to our arrival.

With two trips already under our belt this year I don't know if we will bother with a trip next year if its only rack rates available.

Upvote 0

soin2disney

Original Poster
I was thinking and posted somewhere else the same thing. I'm a teacher, so I can only go during peak times it seems. I thought I'd be safe this year the first week in April with Easter so late, but no. Let's both hope they add something last minute :wave:

We would love to go some other time, but our vacation is in April...I know it SUCKS :)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We would love to go some other time, but our vacation is in April...I know it SUCKS :)

Our oldest is starting high school this year so we can't change our vacation times. So our options are early April or summer. But if the rates stay the same we probably won't renew our AP's and just forgo the WDW trip in favor of something else.

Upvote 0

DisneyNut7578

I suspect there will be some sort of discount available, they just haven't announced it yet. They have to determine how many people are going to be there before they start offering discounts.

BTW - The post is not foolish. There weill be discounts in April (even if it's only for a week or two) and it's more foolish to say there won't be.

Upvote 0

phllymouse

Hi,
Can't believe all the specials on Mousesavers.com and NOT ONE is for the month of April. I know it is peak season, and Easter, BUT Disney should offer something....Every other month has a special. That is not fair to those who can only go at certain times....Come on Disney...Give us something in April :cry:

I know what you are saying, we promised my son for a senior trip we would take him and a friend to Disney. One last hurrah before he is off to college. Middle of June is the only time. Me working at a school (No discounts for teachers and workers in High schools up east?). Him finishing school and starting up college in mid August.
We totaled the trip right now 4400 for two rooms at POP with dining (dining is neccesary with two 18 year olds they can eat!!!). Or 3700 with one room and all four of us (which we prefer not to do). AAA may help a little. However I look at it and go 4000 plus for one week!!! This is a value resort!To see no new attractions since we went two years ago. It seems rather expensive before Air also. We are not poor..not rich..middle class, we can make it work, but sometimes I think...HUH. So yes I know, I wish there was some discount for people who are just stuck in certain months.

Upvote 0

phllymouse

Hi,

On another thread, I mentioned this situation. WDW is effectively Blacked out from Feb 15 2011 to May 1 2011. If you normally go in April? STRONGLY consider booking in May.

Sandy & I have already done this :)

Plus it is kind of false advertisement to say "FREE DINING OCTOBER 10 TIL SEPTEMBER 2011" When June, July and most of August is no free dining. In reality it is free dining through May. Free dining August 20ish into Sept.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom