Horizons Demolition

bamboo7

Original Poster
wow. thanks for that pic.
if you or anyone else has any others, i'd be gratefull if you'd post them. maybe we should post some pics of horizons in its fully operational glory, to balance this out.

WDWFREAK53

Wow...I didn't think I would ever get emotional over the destruction of a building before...

the first was the towers...the second, the pentagon...the third, horizons :(

Fievel

RunDisney Addict

Attachments

• demo3a.jpg
    demo3a.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 219

Invero

Originally posted by jmarc63
Still hoping to find the orginal Logo somewhere

It can be found on every WDW Monorail, near the door control panels :)

Attachments

• wdwlogo.gif
    wdwlogo.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 200

Invero

Here it is from the Mark IV monorail red... cant seem to find any of a Mark VI... but it's the same thing.

Attachments

• disneyd.jpg
    disneyd.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 216

jmarc63

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

It can be found on every WDW Monorail, near the door control panels :)

Thanks Fantasia Boi, This is where My ears came from

Attachments

• wdwlogo.gif
    wdwlogo.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 174

stingrock23

wow. those demolition pics made me sad. i'm sure mission space will be a great attraction, but i'm sad to see horizons go. I love the classic omnimover rides. i'm listening to the horizons ride soundtrack right now.:(

cuteypatooty78

:cry: My favorite ride being torn down...that photo is so sad to look at. That building brought back so many childhood memories. Ya think they'll ever bring Horizons back?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by cuteypatooty78
:cry: My favorite ride being torn down...that photo is so sad to look at. That building brought back so many childhood memories. Ya think they'll ever bring Horizons back?

Nope...it's gone for good :(

Merlin0402

If you want to see pictures of Horizons' destruction, go to The Horizons Tragedy, look it up on Google, I don't know if it's still up...

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by TinkerBell9988
:eek:

:(

:cry:

I have never seen anything so disturbing in the most magical place on earth...

don't say i didn't warn you all.

anyway, does anyone know where i could see a GOOD quality video of the whole horizons ride?

cuteypatooty78

I know like the rest of you I am sad that horizons is gone too. Bu according to Disney the building that was 16 yrs. old at the time of demolition was becoming very unstable and might have collapsed eventually on its own. I'm glad Disney decided to think of our safety and make the tough decision of tearing down the building. Don't be sad dear friends, Horizons will always live on in our hearts and minds and video tape will teach future generations about the wonderful ride that was Horizons....we shall not foget! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom