HORIZONS 30th Anniversary

Figments Friend

I know it might not make sense, but when I listen to this music, it makes me sad. Kinda like watching the video for HOR and WOM. Sad....:(
That is understandable considering how the lifespan of the attraction came to a end, but when i hear the music i find it rather uplifting.
It is probably one of the most inspiring attraction scores Disney has ever done, in my opinion.

Clamman73

Should bring one of my old guides to EPCOT and ask a CM where is this?
image.jpg

Big C 73

Original Poster
That would be a funny experience. Could you imagine the reply? "Uh, what is that?",or "That experience is no longer available, but it has been replaced with a new, more exciting experience." :rolleyes: On and on and on....

I totally miss this attraction it was so cool. WoL went up as this went down and now WoL is no longer used for anything other than sometimes a meeting spot. how stupid.

Figments Friend

-
A shout out to all you die-hard Horizons fans....
Disney is about to officially recognize the 30th Anniversary with this epic t-shirt release on November 21st via online -

You have three shirt choices....the front image is the same, with the original Pavilion signage and Butler robot.
The back has the three 'destination' logos from 'Choose Your Tomorrow'.

Rather neat to see this being acknowledged.

Everyone can have a shot at getting the shirts too...regardless of being in the Park or not.
They are being sold online at the Disney Parks merchandise website for four days only..November 21st to 25th.

Details here :

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-parks-online-store-from-november-21-25-2013/

:)

Figments Friend

I still miss the view of Horizons from inside Communicore.....

I miss ANY view from inside of Communicore...like, being able to actually SEE out of those once big beautiful windows!

Remember when it used to be bright and airy..and welcoming?
Since the windows were painted black/boarded up it feels like going into a man cave now...with lots of neon confusion.

sweetpee_1993

Did anyone else ever coordinate with their siblings to push every button for every choose your future ending simultaneously? I don't know what we thought would happen. Win a prize? Find a super-secret special end for smarty-pants kids like us? It would choose randomly for us every time but being kids it'd start a debate of who didn't push their buttons right. LOL!

Loved Horizons. I wanted to go live in all the environments. Definitely a good ol' attraction I'll miss forever.

donaldtoo

I have absolutely NO CLUE how I've missed this thread up to this point...?!?!?! :confused:
I have not read back through all the posts, but I'm sure there is probably not much more I could ad to the much deserved praise, admiration, and love for this classic Disney attraction.
Let's just say that I watch a video of the full attraction ride through, at bare minimum, twice a week. It was a true gem, that even though created well after Walt's passing, I'm sure he would have been amazed, impressed, and darn proud of himself. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom