HOP refurb days

Chernabog

Original Poster
For those of you traveling to the Magic kingdom during September, prepare for dissappointing news. The Hall of Presidents will be closed for refurbishment from September 10-30. I'm sorry this may have ruined some vacations, look on the bright side, you may still ahve time to rebook it!:rolleyes:

slappy magoo

September 10th, through the 30th? Is that when the impeachment is happening?

(And in the interest of fairness, something for those of you on the right)

They're adding AAs of Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity & Rush Limbaugh to throw tomatoes at Clinton.

Since1976

HM in WDW was closed when I went in November. And POTC in DL was closed when I went in June.

I was glad one or the other was open during each trip. Having both of those rides closed would totally ruin a park visit for me.

HOP, not so much, though I admit I've watched it on every MK visit!

Javier Boughton said:
damn! my nap on my september trip will be disturbed! :brick:

And I thought I was the only one that found the seating and ambience in there so sleep inducing. :lol: I'm sure its a great show, maybe they should take out the nice seats make us all stand, and then I might actually stay awake for it.

Javier Boughton

CommunicoreBabe said:
And I thought I was the only one that found the seating and ambience in there so sleep inducing. :lol: I'm sure its a great show, maybe they should take out the nice seats make us all stand, and then I might actually stay awake for it.

it is a great show..but the combination of A/C, great seats, 100 degrees outside, feet hurting...my body just shuts down..

CrashNet

Javier Boughton said:
damn! my nap on my september trip will be disturbed! :brick:
:lol: That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Where will I nap? :lol: Its interesting though, and if you like technology its fun to watch, but its one of those you see it once you've seen it enough type things. Although it still is a classic and I would expect them never to get rid of it.

maggiegrace1

TiggerRPh said:
Don't feel bad....I like the attraction too and also find it interesting.

Thanks..:)
I really dont feel bad..
I just dont understand why so many people dont like it or go there to sleep..

We watched it everytime we went when I was little and I always enjoyed it..

Chape19714

For those of you concerned about loosing your nap. The Following attractions will still be open for your naping enjoyment:

TTA
CoP
Enchanted Tiki Room, if Goffried's Voice doesn't keep you up.
WDW Railroad
Stitch's Great Escape (if the harness doens't bug you)

In other parks...try
Spaceship Earth
UoE
American Adventure
CoL
France
Sounds Dangerous

That should keep you good and well rested for your next WDW vacation, despite the closed HoP.

Seriously, I'm glad they are putting some work into it, makes it more valuable when they rip it out...jk. I am glad it's getting an update.

I do enjoy HoP it's a good show, as I enjoy many of the rides listed above many tend to nap on. Perhaps you should trade in your HoP 20 min for a relaxing cruise on the Rivers of America abord the Steamboat, for a relaxing 20 min.

nor'easter

Chape19714 said:
For those of you concerned about loosing your nap. The Following attractions will still be open for your naping enjoyment:

Spaceship Earth
UoE
American Adventure
CoL
France
Sounds Dangerous

American Adventure and Impressions de France are two of the best attractions at WDW. They do not belong on the same list as the Hell of Presidents and Sounds Dangerous.

disneydata

Chernabog said:
For those of you traveling to the Magic kingdom during September, prepare for dissappointing news. The Hall of Presidents will be closed for refurbishment from September 10-30. I'm sorry this may have ruined some vacations, look on the bright side, you may still ahve time to rebook it!:rolleyes:
This isin't listed in the calendar ... where did you get this information from?

MickeyTigg

nor'easter said:
American Adventure and Impressions de France are two of the best attractions at WDW. They do not belong on the same list as the Hell of Presidents and Sounds Dangerous.

Hall of Presidents is one of WDW's top attractions...it belongs with American Adventure.

Impressions de France is just a movie...it's not even an attraction.

BTW...you forgot about Lights, Motors, Action for an attraction to sleep through.

Magister

I think Hall of Presidents used to be good. But then it turned into 'Hall of Civil Rights Apologist' and that sucks.

The animatronics and all the effects are great. Sound and visual. But the narrative stinks to high heaven.

nor'easter

TiggerRPh said:
Hall of Presidents is one of WDW's top attractions...it belongs with American Adventure.

Impressions de France is just a movie...it's not even an attraction.

BTW...you forgot about Lights, Motors, Action for an attraction to sleep through.

1. HOP is nowhere near one of WDW's top attractions, by any measure (inlcuding popularity).

2. OK....then HOP is just a bunch of robots. Small WOrld is just a bunch of dolls. Since when can't a movie be an attraction?

3. You must be a very heavy sleeper!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom